C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you race when people pull beside you to challenge?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 06:16 PM
C5Txfan
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Damn .. this thread topic went from racing someone on the street to martial arts fighting !
Old 01-24-2014, 06:17 PM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by B747VET
Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

If you look on You Tube you can easily find the video of a ZR1 spinning out on a freeway and hitting one or two other Corvettes while some club was making a run. So, no, even on the freeway, anyone with 400+ HP can lose it hot *******, go sideways from the fast lane, cross the middle lane, and cream one or two other Vettes in the slow lane.
yes, I guess they can if they are a total douche bag that shouldn't be trusted with even a moped. what a moron.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:33 PM
go4kj
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Txfan
Damn .. this thread topic went from racing someone on the street to martial arts fighting !
Expect the unexpected. This forum is enetertaing for sure.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:42 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Lol.

I further derailed this thread for the fun of it.

Besides, lots of the people here saying they never street race are full of crap. You drive an 11 seconds car, you race it. Don't freaking lie.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Spulbus2013
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I will race anyone, its all about fun but i always find people who wont look and shy away and that's fine no hard feelings
Old 01-24-2014, 07:25 PM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by go4kj
Expect the unexpected. This forum is enetertaing for sure.
I expect we'll be hearing from Justin Bieber on the subject of street racing at any moment.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:28 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by C7pimp
Lol. I further derailed this thread for the fun of it. Besides, lots of the people here saying they never street race are full of crap. You drive an 11 seconds car, you race it. Don't freaking lie.
I absolutely push my car to crazy speeds... just not on the street. 10 or so track days a year scratches the itch very, very well. I like my license too much. I also would feel awfully badly if something had ever happened to someone else... and don't for a second suggest that doesn't happen. Most people go their entire lives doing dumb a$$ **** and never have anything bad happen and that's great and lucky. The one time something bad does happen that person then regrets it. I'm not judging anyone but I don't care to ruin my life or someone else's even if the odds are low that I would do that.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:39 AM
BacknBlack
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm 60+ and I damn sure didn't buy mine to be a status symbol. I've had several Vettes over the years and all were for me to enjoy driving as I pleased .. not like some a-hold thinks I should be driving. If someone else wants to fly down the road at 100+ with their hair on fire .. more power to ya .. until you wreck or land in jail without a car. When I was back in my 20's with my '65 yeah I used to race some and drive fast. But now I drive mine the way I want to and only the way I want to - not trying to impress 'anybody' !
This really isn't about age. More so about these two things:
1. Those that buy vettes as a way to increase their self-esteem and status amongst their peers.
2. Using the above to belittle and humiliate those that don't drive something equivalent to them.

The comments at the beginning to this thread came off as another form of elitism. Scoffing and laughing at those who drive Camaros, Mustangs, Civics and other imports shows true arrogance and is a reason behind most attitudes towards vette owners. This group seems to get older and increases in size with every new generation of vette.
There should be a sticky telling current or future pretentious a-holes (that own or want a vette) that winning isn't done with the wallet, it's done with the gas peddle. That's something BMW, Mercedes and Audi owners will never understand.

Some of those on this forum need to realize that we drive a plastic Chevy with leaf springs, it's not a Bentley.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:42 AM
BacknBlack
Pro

Originally Posted by fsvoboda
I expect we'll be hearing from Justin Bieber on the subject of street racing at any moment.

Yeah, and his rented Lambo
Old 01-25-2014, 03:02 AM
Road_runner
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

I don't want to go to jail if the other guy crashes
Old 01-25-2014, 09:35 AM
C5Txfan
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BacknBlack
This really isn't about age. More so about these two things:
1. Those that buy vettes as a way to increase their self-esteem and status amongst their peers.
2. Using the above to belittle and humiliate those that don't drive something equivalent to them.

The comments at the beginning to this thread came off as another form of elitism. Scoffing and laughing at those who drive Camaros, Mustangs, Civics and other imports shows true arrogance and is a reason behind most attitudes towards vette owners. This group seems to get older and increases in size with every new generation of vette.
There should be a sticky telling current or future pretentious a-holes (that own or want a vette) that winning isn't done with the wallet, it's done with the gas peddle. That's something BMW, Mercedes and Audi owners will never understand.

Some of those on this forum need to realize that we drive a plastic Chevy with leaf springs, it's not a Bentley.
Well we all know why we bought a Vette in the first place ... the reason that all the gals and non-Vette owners tell us ... to make up for our little di%k$ !
Old 01-25-2014, 09:52 AM
04_Z06_CE
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never turn down a race. Street or highway I love to have fun
Old 01-25-2014, 11:07 AM
sly1
Le Mans Master

Received 530 Likes on 283 Posts

Well we all know why we bought a Vette in the first place ... the reason that all the gals and non-Vette owners tell us ... to make up for our little di%k$ !
That only applies to Porsche owners.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:16 AM
sly1
Le Mans Master

Received 530 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by gthal
I absolutely push my car to crazy speeds... just not on the street. 10 or so track days a year scratches the itch very, very well. I like my license too much. I also would feel awfully badly if something had ever happened to someone else... and don't for a second suggest that doesn't happen. Most people go their entire lives doing dumb a$$ **** and never have anything bad happen and that's great and lucky. The one time something bad does happen that person then regrets it. I'm not judging anyone but I don't care to ruin my life or someone else's even if the odds are low that I would do that.
Of course you are 100% on target with your comments, but you are also 100% wasting your time, because the immature street racers won't hear your message. They firmly believe that nothing bad will ever happen to them, reagardless of how irresponsible they behave. I fully understand when teenagers or even those in their 20s have this attitude, but the posts that really surprise me are those written by those who claim to be in their 50s and 60s, but still behave like immature teenagers. This gives an entirely new meaning to the old axiom that age is just a number.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:33 PM
hotrod2147
Racer

I'm 60+ and I damn sure didn't buy mine to be a status symbol. I've had several Vettes over the years and all were for me to enjoy driving as I pleased .. not like some a-hold thinks I should be driving. If someone else wants to fly down the road at 100+ with their hair on fire .. more power to ya .. until you wreck or land in jail without a car. When I was back in my 20's with my '65 yeah I used to race some and drive fast. But now I drive mine the way I want to and only the way I want to - not trying to impress 'anybody' !
I'm 66 and couldn't have said it better
Old 01-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Blown-C7
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I was catching up on this thread and also saw the reply about martial arts stuff...had to go back 3 times to make sure I was on the right site...lol
Old 01-25-2014, 02:50 PM
B747VET
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 861 Likes on 404 Posts

Yeah, and his rented Lambo
Look, I can't stand the kid and I'm afraid he isn't long for this world due to his arrogant behaviors.

All that having been said, he was driving a rented Lambo because he was 3,000 miles from home and because he can afford to rent any super car any time he wants to. Why is that laughable?

The cars he actually has in his garage here in L.A. are quite amazing. Unfortunately, money easily buys speed but not intellect and maturity.

Get notified of new replies

To Do you race when people pull beside you to challenge?

Old 01-25-2014, 06:13 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Look, I can't stand the kid and I'm afraid he isn't long for this world due to his arrogant behaviors.

All that having been said, he was driving a rented Lambo because he was 3,000 miles from home and because he can afford to rent any super car any time he wants to. Why is that laughable?

The cars he actually has in his garage here in L.A. are quite amazing. Unfortunately, money easily buys speed but not intellect and maturity.
Well stated on all three points.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:10 PM
BacknBlack
Pro

It's laughable because he fits the mold of every other wannabe boss/player in the Miami area. Apparently, renting a Lambo when you get to Miami is like getting a Philly cheese steak when you visit Philadelphia. If he has some of the best collections of super cars, why would he rent a Lambo Gallardo? C'mon son! If you want to be a boss, you have to buy the Lambo, use it for a night or two and then throw the keys to one of the strippers you met when you leave. Vince Neil of Motley Crew did it.....
Old 01-25-2014, 09:24 PM
go4kj
Instructor

It's laughable because he fits the mold of every other wannabe boss/player in the Miami area. Apparently, renting a Lambo when you get to Miami is like getting a Philly cheese steak when you visit Philadelphia. If he has some of the best collections of super cars, why would he rent a Lambo Gallardo? C'mon son! If you want to be a boss, you have to buy the Lambo, use it for a night or two and then throw the keys to one of the strippers you met when you leave. Vince Neil of Motley Crew did it.....
Damn that's one lucky stripper.

Quick Reply: Do you race when people pull beside you to challenge?