Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

C7 Corvette Stingray Skip Shift Eliminator - CAGS - 1 to 4 eliminator!

C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-25-2015, 06:06 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior How-Tos
Print Wikipost

C7 Corvette Stingray Skip Shift Eliminator - CAGS - 1 to 4 eliminator!

Old 10-27-2018, 07:31 AM
JerryU
2017 GS, M7, 2.5LT
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 2,649 Times in 1,941 Posts

Originally Posted by HorsePower Junkie View Post
"5 times in 2 miles"

"Grandma, what a slow poke driver you are!", said Little Red Riding Hood!

Foolish statement! Especially with the bumper to bumper traffic experience I have had in Houston!

My "1 to 4 shift" light seldom comes on BUT why should it ever. Installed on my 2014 Z51 M7 and then on my Grand Sport day one while changing brake pads to ceramic. Rear was jacked up for the pad replacement so with the left rear wheel off (car up safely on jack stands) just slide upper and installed the CAGS Eliminator in minutes.

Recall a TV episode of "All Girls Garage" where they had a car on a lift for another reason and real time watched as one of the ladies installed one in about a minute!

Have a wife that tells me when to shift, don't need a computer! Thank goodness she very seldom rides and in the Vette as I have to drive like an "Old Man!" At 76 still hit redline in 3rd frequently on the 3/4 mile straight road between two farm fields near my home, no traffic, houses etc. The cotton could care less at what rpm I shift!

Last edited by JerryU; 10-27-2018 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:21 PM
Submerge
CF Senior Member

When I started driving the new Vette did not get any CAGS action. Then it started to happen. Not only traffic but in neighborhood where I try to be quieter. Had the device already so installed today. For those hesitant.....very easy. I use a quick jack so was even easier with plenty of room. Here are few photos showing where it is, and what it looks like installed. Worked well on test drive. Mine is from Southern Car Parts as well. First photo shows dummy plug into transmission. Second is a shot from bottom looking up after installation.

Old 01-17-2019, 10:06 AM
JDSC7VETTE
CF Senior Member

I think the ship shift can be a problem for guys who drive in heavy bumper to bumper traffic a lot. I live in the country and I can't remember the last time mine activated. I guess that's why A8 transmissions are so popular now.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:31 AM
JerryU
2017 GS, M7, 2.5LT
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanked 2,649 Times in 1,941 Posts

Originally Posted by JDSC7VETTE View Post
I think the ship shift can be a problem for guys who drive in heavy bumper to bumper traffic a lot. I live in the country and I can't remember the last time mine activated. I guess that's why A8 transmissions are so popular now.
I live in the county as well. Which is partly why it’s needed IMO. Before I got mine for my 2014 C7, I got caught in bumper to bumper traffic whoch is very unusual. Didn’t realize why it was not going into 2nd so slowed as I looked down. Thank goodness the person behind did not get a text message and looked down to see who sent it not expecting me to slow! Could have been in my rear!

Also when in an a mall I occasionally will see the skip shift light on a shift to 2nd. Cheap way to avoid it ever happening. Installed in a few minutes when I put ceramic brakes on my Grand Sport. Just slide under the drivers side rear shell when the Vette is on jack stands

Last edited by JerryU; 01-17-2019 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:12 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

C7 Corvette Stingray Skip Shift Eliminator

Also called CAGS Defeat

Do you hate the 1-4 skip shift installed on the C7 Manual Transmission? This little device will eliminate that annoying issue.

Our corvette skip shift kit will allow you to disable the Computer Aided Gear Selection (CAGS) feature of your C6 Corvette's 7-speed gearbox. This kit comes with the correct connectors, plugs and seals to protect your wiring harness and CAGS solenoid to allow you to re-connect the harness for full CAGS function, if you so desire. This kit is designed for use a C7 Corvette only. Will not fit C5 or C6 Corvette. No permanent modifications are required to install this product.

In stock here: http://www.southerncarparts.com/corv...or-p-5789.html

Here's a picture of the C7 Corvette CAGS unit installed our our shop Stingray...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 Corvette Stingray Skip Shift Eliminator - CAGS - 1 to 4 eliminator!

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: