Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How fast do the RPM's drop?

Old 03-05-2014, 10:39 PM
arbellspi
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Default How fast do the RPM's drop?

I've basically decided to buy a 2015 C7 with the stick but have a question to any current owner of a 2014 with the 7 speed.

With the rev-matching off - clutch in or in neutral - if you rev the engine up - does it drop quickly - or does it "hang" for a while and slowly come down?

My wife has an '05 Mustang GT with the stick and the RPM's hang and you get almost no engine braking. Personally - I don't like that. My street bike (CBR929RR) revs quickly and drops back down to idle almost as fast - and I get lots of good engine braking. Most of the other cars I've driven with a stick don't hang like that either.

How does the C7 behave?
Old 03-05-2014, 11:55 PM
sccaracer46
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by arbellspi
I've basically decided to buy a 2015 C7 with the stick but have a question to any current owner of a 2014 with the 7 speed.

With the rev-matching off - clutch in or in neutral - if you rev the engine up - does it drop quickly - or does it "hang" for a while and slowly come down?

My wife has an '05 Mustang GT with the stick and the RPM's hang and you get almost no engine braking. Personally - I don't like that. My street bike (CBR929RR) revs quickly and drops back down to idle almost as fast - and I get lots of good engine braking. Most of the other cars I've driven with a stick don't hang like that either.

How does the C7 behave?
Drops quickly. The NPP option is a must have!
Old 03-06-2014, 12:10 AM
arbellspi
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sccaracer46
Drops quickly. The NPP option is a must have!
Thank You! That's all I needed to hear

Get notified of new replies

To How fast do the RPM's drop?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How fast do the RPM's drop?