C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions related to interior materials: (1LT vs. 2LT) - YES, I SEARCHED:)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
It looks the same..,.it should be! that's how you get a uniform appearance. like I said, it's additional stitching on the 2LT; and it may/will be in a contrasting color. like red stitching on black material.
So, it does look way better...more custom...you are getting something for your money!
I respect your opinion, but I am not in the same boat. To me (a matter of opinion of course), if the stitching color options is the ONLY difference when comparing the 1LT and 2LT interiors (besides the amenities), then to me, it is not worth it. Now, if the 2LT dash and door panels were of a more upscale look/feel in materials; then it would be a different story in my book. In my own personal opinion, then the 1LT to 2LT cost difference is not worth it. BUT the 2LT to 3LT price difference is TOTALLY worth it in my book; as you are getting better Napa leather, AND leather covered dash and door panels. I just need to confirm that indeed the only difference in MATERIALS from the 1LT and 2LT is JUST the stitching color options.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:30 PM
ivanjo11
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Translator
I respect your opinion, but I am not in the same boat. To me (a matter of opinion of course), if the stitching color options is the ONLY difference when comparing the 1LT and 2LT interiors (besides the amenities), then to me, it is not worth it. Now, if the 2LT dash and door panels were of a more upscale look/feel in materials; then it would be a different story in my book. In my own personal opinion, then the 1LT to 2LT cost difference is not worth it. BUT the 2LT to 3LT price difference is TOTALLY worth it in my book; as you are getting better Napa leather, AND leather covered dash and door panels. I just need to confirm that indeed the only difference in MATERIALS from the 1LT and 2LT is JUST the stitching color options.

Have yet to find a video of the LT1 interior.This is also looks like an LT2:
Old 03-07-2014, 07:31 PM
CSEVEN
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 642 Likes on 289 Posts

They both share the same material the only difference is the colors....
Old 03-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ivanjo11
Have yet to find a video of the LT1 interior.This is also looks like an LT2:
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 Start Up, Exhaust, and In Depth Review - YouTube
Yup, that is a 2LT, as Kalahari is not offered on the 1LT. Also, you can tell that this is a 2LT, because the center console and armrests are also in Kalahari, but not the dash, like in the 3LT.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:26 PM
ivanjo11
Burning Brakes

Yup, that is a 2LT, as Kalahari is not offered on the 1LT. Also, you can tell that this is a 2LT, because the center console and armrests are also in Kalahari, but not the dash, like in the 3LT.
Here is some info about the base Stingray dash material:

While you can splurge for an $8005 full-leather interior package, the $51,995 base Stingray’s dashtop is wrapped with a stitched and grained “protein” vinyl (a blend of  vinyl and silk) good enough to fool a cowhide inspector.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:33 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

.... My question is, are there ANY OTHER differences in interior materials/quality/padding/stitching/workmanship? ....
No!
Old 03-07-2014, 10:39 PM
Matt26
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

The 1LT and 2LT are the same except for panel colors and stitch color depending on your interior color choice.

The 1LT has stitching on the dash just like the 2LT.

For Red Interiors:
2LT red interior has red stitching vs the 1LT red interior has grey stitching.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:41 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Thanks for all of the input guys.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:56 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

It's always been my understanding that all 1LT interiors use black stitching while 2LTs use contrasting but that the actual materials used are the same in both.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Matt26
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
It's always been my understanding that all 1LT interiors use black stitching while 2LTs use contrasting but that the actual materials used are the same in both.
1LT uses grey contrasting stitching on all colors

2LT/3LT coordinates the stitching color with interior color (grey stitching with black/grey still)
Old 03-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Tulsaeasyrider
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

Hi Ken, no, not really...BUT, if the 2LT DOES include a nicer interior with leather in other locations and an overall superior appearance/feel; then it may sway my decision-making process. Amenity-wise, the only thing that I really like about the 2LT are the cooled seats.
It may not matter to you, but another reason for 2LT over the 1LT is getting the Head Up Display. I liked it in my C6 and wouldn't want to be without it in the C7.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:06 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Originally Posted by Matt26
1LT uses grey contrasting stitching on all colors

2LT/3LT coordinates the stitching color with interior color (grey stitching with black/grey still)
I stand corrected. Thank you.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:37 PM
Diver Down
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tulsaeasyrider
It may not matter to you, but another reason for 2LT over the 1LT is getting the Head Up Display. I liked it in my C6 and wouldn't want to be without it in the C7.
Or the auto dimming mirrors that come in really handy in low center of gravity car like the Stingray and the car behind you is blasting you in the eyes with their lights.....
Old 03-08-2014, 01:08 PM
ivanjo11
Burning Brakes

Is the silver steering wheel bezel aluminum or plastic?
Old 03-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Doesn't the 1LT have heads up didplay? I thought that it did, with the 2LT having a colored version?
Old 03-08-2014, 02:05 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by translator
doesn't the 1lt have heads up didplay? I thought that it did, with the 2lt having a colored version?
No HUD on 1LT. Zippo.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:07 PM
C7 4 Me
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ivanjo11
Is the silver steering wheel bezel aluminum or plastic?
It's plastic

Get notified of new replies

To Questions related to interior materials: (1LT vs. 2LT) - YES, I SEARCHED:)

Old 03-08-2014, 02:17 PM
C7 4 Me
Burning Brakes

I think the others have pretty much hit all of the points on the 1LT to 2LT differences:

-Seats: The seats are better; you get the added lumbar/bolster support which is electronically adjusted; the seats are heated and air cooled (the air cooling feature is awesome)

-HUD: One of the more unique things about being a corvette driver is the head's-up display. I didn't think about it at all going into my purchase but I can say, hands down, it is one of THE BEST and most used "surprises" or "sleeper-features" about the car. In the 2LT, you get a very nice looking color-projection HUD. It is incredibly useful and it becomes an integral part of your driving experience (it's not just speed, but the colorful tachometer, the different colors for the GPS directions in your hud, the different colored text for radio stations as you surf through them, etc...) You do not want to skimp on the HUD in my opinion.

-Interior: An added bonus is the color paneling in the interior (doors, armrest, dash stitching etc) that the others have mentioned. I have kalahari in my interiors and it contrasts very nicely with the black. The stitching on the dash really does bring the whole car together.

-Speakers: One thing I'm not sure I've seen mentioned in here is that (I think) going from 1LT to 2LT gets you an upgrade in the sound system (I think upgraded speakers and an extra subwoofer??). I'm not in a position to compare against the 1LT, but I love the sound system in my 2LT. It has a lot of bass -- you'll actually need to set the equalizer to your content; it's a very capable system. The "premium audio" in the 2LT also gets you a full year subscription to satellite radio whereas you only get 3 months with the 1LT.

It's a judgment call, but I think it's well worth it. It upgrades the parts of the car you will use every time you drive it (the seats and HUD), and the added amenities (speakers, upgraded interior appearance, self dimming mirrors and seat/mirror memory, etc.) provide creature comforts that you will appreciate throughout the life of the car.

Last edited by C7 4 Me; 03-08-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:17 PM
ivanjo11
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C7 4 Me
It's plastic
It looks good. Looks like the majority of the cars that have silver bezel steering wheel is plastic.

Porsche is plastic also'.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:26 PM
droideka
Instructor

translator,

i went through the same thing when beginning to configure my C7. i was dead set on a 1LT until i started to weigh the benefits of four things that mattered to me in the 2LT. rehashing most of this conversation, yes, the vinyl, pleather, faux-leather coverings on the dash, center console and doors are the same material 1LT/2LT save for the colored stitching. with jet black as my interior choice, i didn't care about the other splashes of color throughout the cabin. with the 3LT, you are getting napa leather on the dash, console and doors that replaces the vinyl.

for me personally, what swayed me to the 2LT was 1) the auto-dim mirrors inside and out. i have these on my DD and they are a great feature that i would miss. aftermarket cost on the interior rearview alone is ~$1000, or one-quarter of the 2LT upgrade charge 2) memory seating. i imagine a retrofit here would be costly and labor intensive and i didn't fancy the idea of mucking about with my seat all of the time should they get moved 3) homelink. i love this convenience feature. again, i imagine that retrofit is a PITA. 4) i wanted FAY from the factory and did not want to disassemble my new car to get it after the fact.

if you're building a track car, i would absolutely stick to the 1LT. if you think you're going to hit the town, road trip, or DD your C7, i think the comfort (lumbar and bolsters adjustments are only on the 2LT+) and convenience features (memory, autodim) are well worth it.

Quick Reply: Questions related to interior materials: (1LT vs. 2LT) - YES, I SEARCHED:)