C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions related to interior materials: (1LT vs. 2LT) - YES, I SEARCHED:)

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Diver Down
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by droideka
translator,

i went through the same thing when beginning to configure my C7. i was dead set on a 1LT until i started to weigh the benefits of four things that mattered to me in the 2LT. rehashing most of this conversation, yes, the vinyl, pleather, faux-leather coverings on the dash, center console and doors are the same material 1LT/2LT save for the colored stitching. with jet black as my interior choice, i didn't care about the other splashes of color throughout the cabin. with the 3LT, you are getting napa leather on the dash, console and doors that replaces the vinyl.

for me personally, what swayed me to the 2LT was 1) the auto-dim mirrors inside and out. i have these on my DD and they are a great feature that i would miss. aftermarket cost on the interior rearview alone is ~$1000, or one-quarter of the 2LT upgrade charge 2) memory seating. i imagine a retrofit here would be costly and labor intensive and i didn't fancy the idea of mucking about with my seat all of the time should they get moved 3) homelink. i love this convenience feature. again, i imagine that retrofit is a PITA. 4) i wanted FAY from the factory and did not want to disassemble my new car to get it after the fact.

if you're building a track car, i would absolutely stick to the 1LT. if you think you're going to hit the town, road trip, or DD your C7, i think the comfort (lumbar and bolsters adjustments are only on the 2LT+) and convenience features (memory, autodim) are well worth it.
That's exactly what happened to me. I was going to get the 1LT to save money. I was dead set on it. Then I was looking at the list of features I was giving up and thought I might regret it. Cooling seats for summer driving? Nice. Auto dimming mirrors to make driving at night enjoyable? Nice. Colored head up display? Awesome. Integrated door opener? No watching the door opener fly across the cabin and wedge itself between the seat and the door. Just hit the freaking button on the rear view mirror.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:28 AM
emc7
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep in mind if you are only after the looks/contrast of the 2lt you can always "dye" the stitching to what the hell ever you want for a few bucks. You can rip out the center console and tunnel pieces fairly easily and replace it with the colored ones for i believe a few hundred bucks, now i've yet to find a reliable source for these parts some one please chime in.

The only thing I find useful in 2lt are the dimming mirrors, wonder how much it cost to retro fit...its a fairly important safety feature. Also someone explain to me why are bolsters so important to some?? Other than bolstering, porforated cool/heat seating surface, logo emblem, memory functions i believe the seats are otherwise the same for 1lt and 2lt?

Last edited by emc7; 03-09-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:35 AM
leadville1
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by emc7
Keep in mind if you are only after the looks/contrast of the 2lt you can always "dye" the stitching to what the hell ever you want for a few bucks. You can rip out the center console and tunnel pieces fairly easily and replace it with the colored ones for i believe a few hundred bucks, now i've yet to find a reliable source for these parts some one please chime in.

The only thing I find useful in 2lt are the dimming mirrors, wonder how much it cost to retro fit...its a fairly important safety feature. Also someone explain to me why are bolsters so important to some?? Other than bolstering, porforated cool/heat seating surface, logo emblem, memory functions i believe the seats are otherwise the same for 1lt and 2lt?
You order the interior parts from any chevy dealer I used a company In Montana who has the best parts prices I have seen so far.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Diver Down
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by emc7

The head up display is great. If you haven't seen it live go check it out at your local dealership. You get key pieces of info without looking away from the road.

And if your lower back like me is a little sketchy then the heated/lumbar seats are sweet.

And no sweaty back driving in the summertime with the jet black interior because the ventilated seats cool your back.

Quick Reply: Questions related to interior materials: (1LT vs. 2LT) - YES, I SEARCHED:)