C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tommy from MacMulkin gave me thrills up my legs.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 07:20 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by orlanderlv
I don't get it. Is "Tommy" giving out discounts for reviews? I've never seen a car forum with so many blatant and fake reviews, endorsements and announcements in my life.
Newby huh? I can see why you don't get it.

Tommy is the best. Forum vendors don't pander. They deliver the goods. Yes you can get discounts! Tommy doesn't give them for great reviews. He's a great dealer! He gets the great reviews for his superior customer service and pricing.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:28 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

I don't get it. Is "Tommy" giving out discounts for reviews? I've never seen a car forum with so many blatant and fake reviews, endorsements and announcements in my life.
You obviously never bought a car from Macmaulkin and Tommy Jr. or you'd know that his service is impeccable and he doesn't need to do anything but sell Corvettes as he does.So let us know when you take your foot out of your mouth there sparky.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:30 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by not08crmanymore
You obviously never bought a car from Macmaulkin and Tommy Jr. or you'd know that his service is impeccable and he doesn't need to do anything but sell Corvettes as he does.So let us know when you take your foot out of your mouth there sparky.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:40 PM
FLYNLO
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Tommy don't **** around!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 09:24 PM
vaugie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, you're way off base. Tommy delivers even when other large dealers can't. End of story, that simple.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:28 PM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

TOMMY IS DA MAN - PERIOD!!

Old 03-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,880 Posts

It's part of the process in getting a new Corvette around here to plug your dealer. The guy's excited, and stated that English was his second language and all. I'd cut him a break. He did a good write-up on it, IMO.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:04 PM
pn229
Intermediate

Tommy an his team have been very professional through out the whole experience. He gave me the discount three months ago. I am in no way obligated to say anything positive about the guy. I am really happy with whole flawless process. He even overnight my temporary plate today.

Originally Posted by nh_mark
?? I don't understand...I just picked up my car this past weekend from them and the entire process was flawless.

Tommy and his team are stand-up people. There was no pressure to buy anything extra and there were no extra charges. Car was delivered on time and they worked with me on a couple of "non-standard" delivery requests that I had.

Really was a great buying experience and I will be returning there in the future for sure without question.

Sorry if you had a bad experience but please don't insinuate that people who have had a good experience are being paid to endorse MacMulkin or are lying in some way.

-Mark
Old 03-20-2014, 11:12 PM
pn229
Intermediate

Goaty,

As a Vietnamese refugee....I love America. I came here in 1984 as a boat person. My family and I have been put in jail by the VCs four times. We were captured by Thai pirates two times. We were shot at my VC twice...luckily they were bad shot. My family's first xmas tree and couch was from a dumpster. We grew up on welfare for three years. But with hard work and education...I have bettered myself as well as the life of my family....through the opportunities provided by America. I have been proud to be in this country before the Obamas thought is was cool. Please reread the thread...it was an attempt to poke fun at the progressives.

BTW...my dad was a naval officer working with the Americans during the war. He was put into reeducation camp for 8 years after the fall of Saigon. He has the battle scars to prove it. On a regularly basis I provide free or reduce fees treatment to the families of our serviceman. I also send my patients' spouses care packages oversea....yes I love my country.

Originally Posted by Goaty
Aren't there other great things about America besides the Corvette? Did you feel ashamed of the country before buying the car? In China you wouldn't be able to freely post on internet forums. A lot of people fought and died for you to have that freedom here.

Last edited by pn229; 03-20-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:05 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,099 Likes on 852 Posts

You and your family are living the American dream. I commend you all for your achievements and wish you the best.
(Know that Politics, Religion & Controversy are hot topic discussions in the Off Topic forum)

The best part, as far as we are concerned, is that brand new iconic Vette. We are happy for you.

Don't forget, save the wave, and pics

135th Assault Helicopter Co, VN 67-68
Old 03-21-2014, 12:27 AM
pn229
Intermediate

Thank you for noticing the subtle nuance in my post.

Originally Posted by Art-2008
There is NOTHING in this man's posts to indicate that he is not proud and grateful to be in America. The quote you site is not HIS opinion, but him being critical of a less than patriotic comment made by the current first lady.

Those who view anything he wrote as un-American need to reread all of his posts.

English is his "second language" and he may not have expressed himself perfectly.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:31 AM
pn229
Intermediate

Thank you for your service. Without your help, South Vietnam would not have lasted as long. Where was your squadron stationed?

Originally Posted by 6GenVettes
You and your family are living the American dream. I commend you all for your achievements and wish you the best.
(Know that Politics, Religion & Controversy are hot topic discussions in the Off Topic forum)

The best part, as far as we are concerned, is that brand new iconic Vette. We are happy for you.

Don't forget, save the wave, and pics

135th Assault Helicopter Co, VN 67-68
Old 03-21-2014, 12:35 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,099 Likes on 852 Posts

Originally Posted by pn229
Thank you for your service. Without your help, South Vietnam would not have lasted as long. Where was your squadron stationed?
Thnx

Vung Tau & Camp Blackhorse
Old 03-21-2014, 12:39 AM
pn229
Intermediate

I lived in Vung Tau as a kid. Beautiful beaches...even after the Russians based their naval fleets down there. My grandma's rice paddy had an old US hewey in the field. I think they took it away by now. I am glad you made it out before Saigon fell.

Originally Posted by 6GenVettes
Thnx

Vung Tau & Camp Blackhorse
Old 03-21-2014, 07:20 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Originally Posted by GreginNH
Since you haven't been a member of this forum for very long, I suspect that majority of the folks on this forum will dismiss your statement as being grossly misinformed, misguided and without any basis.

There are several vendors on this forum who also enjoy the same kind of accolades that are routinely given to Tommy Jr.
I second that. Ken Fichtner is excellent as well as my first two NCM delivered cars were ordered from Ken.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:28 AM
WKMCD
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Goaty,

As a Vietnamese refugee....I love America. I came here in 1984 as a boat person. My family and I have been put in jail by the VCs four times. We were captured by Thai pirates two times. We were shot at my VC twice...luckily they were bad shot. My family's first xmas tree and couch was from a dumpster. We grew up on welfare for three years. But with hard work and education...I have bettered myself as well as the life of my family....through the opportunities provided by America. I have been proud to be in this country before the Obamas thought is was cool. Please reread the thread...it was an attempt to poke fun at the progressives.

BTW...my dad was a naval officer working with the Americans during the war. He was put into reeducation camp for 8 years after the fall of Saigon. He has the battle scars to prove it. On a regularly basis I provide free or reduce fees treatment to the families of our serviceman. I also send my patients' spouses care packages oversea....yes I love my country.
A belated welcome to the United States of America. You and your family are to be commended. You've worked very hard to better yourself here. That's more than can be said for a lot of people born in this country.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:32 PM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

Perhaps I am reading too much into the original poster's comments but I think part of what he was expressing was this was the first time it really hit him how proud he is to be part of the USA. For many people born here it takes a special happening to make them aware just like the C7 triggered that for him. I expect for some people in my part of Central IL it will come from seeing the work of the volunteers from the very small town of Hopedale (population 868) who just put out over 2,000 U.S. flags to honor a fallen local marine who was killed in a flight training exercise in Nevada. Photos attached showing how they even covered rural areas outside of the village.

Also to the OP, I grew up on the Mississippi Gulf coast and quite a few people from S. Vietnam settled there and I dealt with a number of them in my business activities. The work ethic was (and I am sure still is) incredible. One sister teaches the advanced placement courses in a Gulfport elementary school and the majority of the students in this gifted class each year are children of Vietnamese immigrants.

Enjoy the C7 experience!
Attached Images   

Get notified of new replies

To Tommy from MacMulkin gave me thrills up my legs.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Kevin_NYC
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude,

Change your post.

You are coming off sounding seriously clueless.

MacMUlkin is top notch.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:58 PM
Slynky
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 224 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
that would be "tongue-in-cheek" ...

(and, congrats on your new C7 !)
Better to have helped gixxer out a bit...I had to reread his several times to deciper...

Congrats to the new owner !
Old 03-21-2014, 05:06 PM
Slynky
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 224 Likes on 112 Posts

C7 pimp....take it as you may...however please reread the post. I was playing on the words of liberal pundit Chris Mathews " thrill up my legs" analysis during the Obama speech,as well as Michelle Obama's "for the first time in my adult life I am proud of my country" speech. No pixie dust nor fairy tale here. Then again..what is wrong with being gay anyways? I am happily married to my wife and have gay friends. I am also a conservative...but I respect the life choice of others...so should you.

QUOTE=C7pimp;1586449591]Ya, but he wants tongue in his cheeks by the sounds of the thread title. What a fairy.
[/QUOTE]

Jeez, you post what I considered to be a nice post and you get attacked on your patriotism and sexual orientation. ----ing sad...

I have no use for people who routinely throw around the word gay as an intended insult and derogatory adjective/noun.

Welcome to the forum...

PS: I was stationed in Thailand providing intel for the US effort in Viet Nam.

Quick Reply: Tommy from MacMulkin gave me thrills up my legs.