Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are You Tired of the Paparazzi?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 10:03 AM
Allpro
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I don't mind the pictures,the questions or even people driving alongside of me giving
thumbs up.The thing that bothers me most is the tailgaters,you know the guys with sports car that see the Vette from a mile back on the highway and need to step on the gas just to ride in back to see what the car sounds and looks like.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:58 AM
HDBADDOG55
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427
I really don't mind the attention that the car gets...in fact, I rather enjoy it! In time, as more and more of them are on the road and the newness wears off, we will probably miss the attention.
Had a Highway Patrol tracking along side my C7 the other day, and, was quite certain he was going to pull me over for some damn reason, but, after about 3 minutes he pulls ahead of me & gives me a thumbs up. Whew. Gotta love this car
Old 03-30-2014, 11:06 AM
Rock2014
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Had a State Trooper behind me on the highway one day and he follows me for a little while. I'm doing the speed limit but still sweating it a little. Then he comes along side of me and he has a huge smile on his face and gives me a big thumbs up. Gotta love the C7!
Old 03-30-2014, 11:07 AM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by HDBADDOG55
Had a Highway Patrol tracking along side my C7 the other day, and, was quite certain he was going to pull me over for some damn reason, but, after about 3 minutes he pulls ahead of me & gives me a thumbs up. Whew. Gotta love this car
Something happened to me yesterday that is similar.

I'm getting on the highway and just gunned it from the on ramp. Little did I know, there was a police car on the highway behind me already. When I saw him, I let off the gas (was doing about 130 km/h (80 mph) at the time) and thought I was toast.

He followed me for a bit, pulled up next to me and gave me a thumbs up and drove off. I figure that is my one freebie
Old 03-30-2014, 11:07 AM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,987 Likes on 1,675 Posts

Originally Posted by Waytofastvette2006
then he looks at his family and declares while pointing at my car. College degree then points at his car high school degree.
I understand, but don't feel bad. I get what he was doing. I REALLY struggled in grade school...turns out I was really smart, but at the time the whole school thing didn't click.

The Corvette was always my carrot. Anytime we saw one, my mom would say keep studying, work hard and maybe you can earn one some day. It kept me motivated for all those years.

High school, college, brief career and then started my own business at 27. I'm not a millionaire, but the Corvette still makes me smile beyond words.

That's what I take from what that dad was trying to do.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:25 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

There's a simple solution, buy a C6
LOL

The attention I get has died down since I've had the car for some 5 months 8K miles on it now and everyone in my area has seen me a few times driving around. When I first got it I was a rock star!
Old 03-30-2014, 12:53 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,072 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I picked up mine on 9/27/13, one of the 1st C7's out there. My trip home from NH to NYC is 250 miles, I took the long way home and made it a 500 mile trip.
I experienced all of the above comments, LEO's, Videos and people who were doing 65mph, the speed limit, when I passed would start to keep up with me.

Yes the manual said to vary the speed the 1st 500 miles, yes I did LOL

Last edited by george vee; 03-30-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:07 PM
Second Vette
Drifting

Received 642 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by BarneyZ
Seems like every time I go somewhere people have to take pictures of my car. Now I know how how Jackie-O must have felt! .
My C7 is a bit low key. CGM with Black Wheels. What sets it off are the AR Competition Seats. Most of the time the first comment I get is about the Seats. I think the contrast really makes them stand out.

I went to Cars and Coffee in Irvine yesterday. First time I've been there. Parked next to a few other Vettes, one being a Blue C7. There was just one other C7 there but he decided to park near the Lambos. I guess the rest of us Vette guys weren't good enough company.

From my observation, it seems most people who Show their Cars there just park them, lock them up and walk away. Don't get it.

Being a newbie, I did a walk around to see some of the other Cars and came back to where I parked. I popped the hood to show my new RPI Under Hood Dress Up and put the windows down so people could take better pictures of the AR Interior. Let a few folks sit in the Car so they could send their Wives a photo, hint - hint.

It could be me, but it seemed my Car got a whole lot of attention for what it was. The place was full of Exotics and I figured people would just walk by my C7 without giving it a second look. I think that engaging people in conversation is part of the Car Culture, not just parking the Car for people to look at while they stroll by.

Ended up meeting some great folks, but that happens when I'm gassing up at Costco or buying Groceries at Ralphs. It's part of the fun.

As far as driving around, a guy almost rear ended another Car looking at my C7. That was a little scary. I get more thumbs up from kids on Crotch Rockets than people driving Corvettes. I've only seen four C7's driving around in the past three months so they are still a rarity, like if you see a Yugo or a Pinto driving down the road.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:46 PM
Brivette77
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default C7 Circus

I got my C7 in October and went thru the usual picture taking and people
pulling over to get benind me.
I stored the C7 Dec 15th so yesterday was the first nice day so
I figured all the hoopla in Oct Nov Dec would be over now and people are used to seeing a C7.
It was worse than ever. On the interstate three lanes next to me they are all pacing me and leaning out of the windows. The traffic was backing up all four lanes because I was doing 55 and they are shouting questions across the roar of the traffic.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:47 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Speednet
The only thing I'm tired of is people asking the question, "What year is that?" Ugh. I should tell them 2020 or something.
Great idea!

"This is the 2020 Corvette Stingray. I ordered it with the optional flux capacitor"
Old 03-30-2014, 03:47 PM
Nyvetteguy007
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 258 Likes on 171 Posts

I have had C4, C5 and C6....NEVER did I get this much attention in a car...

On the drive home from Criswell in MD home to NY I had a bunch of thumbs up in the 4.5 hour drive and at the 2 rest stops I stopped at people stopped to take pics and give me the thumbs up....

That was day one, fast forward to just over a week of having the car and it's amazing, at the gas station a guy asked to take pics of the car, while dropping of dry cleaning a UPS guy said he ever saw one in person only in magazines and it was gorgeous and the list goes on...

Everyone I talk to I talk the car up and hope to create future Vette owners if I can...especially the kids...

Pretty soon it will wear off but until then
Old 03-30-2014, 03:53 PM
cello 530
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
My only concern are the pics and videos while they are driving next to me.

I think all of us, to ones own comfort should look at this as an opportunity to promote the car. Especially when a young person asks for a picture. I know a lot of you are pretty picky and I respect that but whenever anyone asks for a picture I ask you want to sit in it and have your picture taken?

We want to preserve Corvette..... attract younger buyers here's an opportunity to promote the hobby and the car!!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:54 PM
Hpozzuoli
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This combination draws a crowd everytime they are together.

Edit....sorry. Thought it said C3 forum. My eyes are not what they used to be.
Attached Images  
Old 03-30-2014, 04:03 PM
BarneyZ
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Hpozzuoli
This combination draws a crowd everytime they are together.

Edit....sorry. Thought it said C3 forum. My eyes are not what they used to be.
Great Looking car though. Really like the wires/green.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:14 PM
thedofuss
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its all about your look. i have a cyber grey with black wheels--very understated. get some converstion at gas stations, thats about it. having said that, i really havent been out much. Car and Coffee? what the heck is that? californians have it all. gotta move.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:15 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by thedofuss
Car and Coffee? what the heck is that? californians have it all. gotta move.
So do Oregonians - we have Cars & Coffee 'round here too
Old 03-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I was showing my C3. A man said to me " they don't make them like they use to". I sad thank goodness. I remember my right wheel bearing crushing at 6,000 miles. The only thing that held the wheel on was the caliper and the disc...

Nice looking car by the way...

Get notified of new replies

To Are You Tired of the Paparazzi?

Old 03-30-2014, 04:51 PM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Yesterday I was parked in front of a busy restaurant. When I pulled out of my parking spot I looked over and EVERYONE waiting outside the door was looking at my car. Do I mind? Nah, it is nice to have my decision on which car to buy validated by so many people. And my car is not flashy in the least, probably one of the most subdued of all C7 colors. I can't imagine the reaction if I had bought a TR or VY.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:05 PM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
There's a simple solution, buy a C6
LOL

The attention I get has died down since I've had the car for some 5 months 8K miles on it now and everyone in my area has seen me a few times driving around. When I first got it I was a rock star!
Strange but I still get mugged with my 05 C6 no matter where I go. I really love the C7 but can't imagine the attention it would get.

It's not a C7 but I still love my C6!

Old 03-30-2014, 05:15 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,987 Likes on 1,675 Posts

Finally got some warmer weather, and ran some errands this afternoon. OH MY!

Had some gapers at Dicks Sporting Goods, but then got MOBBED at Pep boys. Guys were coming out from the service bays and customers. Great conversation and fun to talk. Consensus was everyone is blown away.

Quick Reply: Are You Tired of the Paparazzi?