Sponsored by:

Are You Tired of the Paparazzi?

Old 03-30-2014, 08:14 AM
BarneyZ
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Are You Tired of the Paparazzi?

Seems like every time I go somewhere people have to take pictures of my car. Now I know how how Jackie-O must have felt! .
Old 03-30-2014, 08:18 AM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

The only thing I'm tired of is people asking the question, "What year is that?" Ugh. I should tell them 2020 or something.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:19 AM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

Had I known it was going to be like this, I would have bought a CG to not stand out so much... well, no, I like the TR

The most common question I get is "can I take a picture"
Old 03-30-2014, 08:20 AM
ATX-C7
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Took her out yesterday for first time on a long drive. Stop at a car show, got more pics taken of her, and I wasn't even entered in the show. Then driving around had heads turning and one guy almost wrecked trying to take a pic out passenger window (and he was driving)--stupid.

When I had a 911 it seemed like driving a Hyundai from an attention stand point versus this beast
Old 03-30-2014, 08:24 AM
v8capt
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BarneyZ
Seems like every time I go somewhere people have to take pictures of my car. Now I know how how Jackie-O must have felt! .
I feel like a Rock Star. I had 6 people at a gas station asking all kinds of questions yesterday, there ages were aprox 15 to 90. It's fun.
Capt Bob
Old 03-30-2014, 08:26 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,140 Posts

My only concern are the pics and videos while they are driving next to me.

I think all of us, to ones own comfort should look at this as an opportunity to promote the car. Especially when a young person asks for a picture. I know a lot of you are pretty picky and I respect that but whenever anyone asks for a picture I ask you want to sit in it and have your picture taken?

We want to preserve Corvette..... attract younger buyers here's an opportunity to promote the hobby and the car!!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:27 AM
DocHolliday
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't mind the looks, the pics, the conversations at gas stations, etc. I might even say I appreciate it. I'm not thrilled with "how much was it?" question but it's not a secret I suppose. Just never comfortable when someone starts asking $ related questions about anything.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:28 AM
ATOMICV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only people that have seen mine are friends and neighbors, this winter crap is getting old. Spring winter warning today. To answer your question, no.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:35 AM
Waytofastvette2006
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was fine with it all till we were pulling into Busch gardens. I pull next to this family driving a old Saturn station wagon.

First question when we get out of our cars was. How much did that set ya back ? My response was ..... To much but it's worth it then he looks at his family and declares while pointing at my car. College degree then points at his car high school degree.

Talk about making me feel bad. Especially since I haven't spent even 1 day of my life at college.

That sort of stuff makes me feel uncomfortable.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:38 AM
Big Dan 427
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, what a feeling that must be!
Old 03-30-2014, 08:39 AM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
My only concern are the pics and videos while they are driving next to me.

I think all of us, to ones own comfort should look at this as an opportunity to promote the car. Especially when a young person asks for a picture. I know a lot of you are pretty picky and I respect that but whenever anyone asks for a picture I ask you want to sit in it and have your picture taken?

We want to preserve Corvette..... attract younger buyers here's an opportunity to promote the hobby and the car!!!!
This ^. I still remember a few kind words from car owners fifty years ago, a ride around the block would really make a kid happy so why not?
Old 03-30-2014, 08:47 AM
rotherd31
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I've read all about the attention the car gathers on the site all winter, but didn't experience it until yesterday. First chance to get it out of hibernation since bringing it home on 2/12. While on a short stretch of freeway, had three cars come alongside me in the passing lane, slow their speed to match mine and give us a thumbs up. A while later pulled into a vacant lot in a small town to get out and have a smoke. Literally had two cars follow me into the lot and get out and started some conversation about how "hot" my car was, etc. Now what American car guy wouldn't like that? Sure, it might get old after a while, but that will take a while
Old 03-30-2014, 08:47 AM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by Waytofastvette2006
I was fine with it all till we were pulling into Busch gardens. I pull next to this family driving a old Saturn station wagon.

First question when we get out of our cars was. How much did that set ya back ? My response was ..... To much but it's worth it then he looks at his family and declares while pointing at my car. College degree then points at his car high school degree.

Talk about making me feel bad. Especially since I haven't spent even 1 day of my life at college.

You shouldn't feel bad about that. It's a really good lesson that all parents should be teaching their kids. Be glad your car might be remembered as a reason some kid was motivated to attend college.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:49 AM
USAF
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Think it's bad with a Vette?
Friend of mine has a Jag F type in burnt orange and blacked out stripes and all.

That thing pulls phone cams from pockets every minute.
she thinks it's great.

USAF
Old 03-30-2014, 08:50 AM
BarneyZ
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Waytofastvette2006

I suspect that's just what had in mind....
Old 03-30-2014, 08:57 AM
liquorman
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanTheFireman
This ^. I still remember a few kind words from car owners fifty years ago, a ride around the block would really make a kid happy so why not?
Driving to Sebring a couple of weeks ago when getting gas on the Florida turnpike the person in the car with me said "Ron about 10 or 12 people are coming over to the car". She was think I might need to pull out my 380. I told her don't worry. I used to this videos, photos, and people following me into parking lots to ask about the car. Well back to Florida these 10 to 12 guys were very nice to me and my friend so I let them sit in the car, take pictures, check out the engine, start the car, it was all good fun for all. They were a good group of young adults.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:40 AM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

I have been used to this for some time. I just don't appreciate the tailgating while shooting video on their phone.

Get notified of new replies

To Are You Tired of the Paparazzi?

Old 03-30-2014, 09:43 AM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't mind the videos and pictures. I just don't like seeing finger prints all over the car after a dinner, movies etc. Especially after a car wash
Old 03-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I always like meeting with the young people. I open the car up for them to see everything. I do not let them sit in it there are limits. LOL. We are creating future Corvette fans. That is the way it happened for me.

For those who did not like the new generation here on the forum it is difficult to buy into that just because I have never bought a new Corvette that created this much attention. GM did something right when they wanted to make changes that would attract attention to their brand. In my opinion of course...
Old 03-30-2014, 09:46 AM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

I really don't mind the attention that the car gets...in fact, I rather enjoy it! In time, as more and more of them are on the road and the newness wears off, we will probably miss the attention.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are You Tired of the Paparazzi?