Sponsored by:

Where's the "Car won't start thread?"

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Weasel
I went out to the garage at 5AM today and put the negative cable back on and the symptoms did not change. The electronics are all wrong. It keeps saying check this and check that etc, the doors have to be cycled to get in or out, window indexing wrong. I'll have to call the dealer to get the okay about flat bedding it in. Now I wonder if the flat bed driver will be very skilled in the Corvette.
Just FYI, window indexing will almost always need to be reset after the battery is disconnected.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:47 AM
slief
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I went out to the garage at 5AM today and put the negative cable back on and the symptoms did not change. The electronics are all wrong. It keeps saying check this and check that etc, the doors have to be cycled to get in or out, window indexing wrong. I'll have to call the dealer to get the okay about flat bedding it in. Now I wonder if the flat bed driver will be very skilled in the Corvette.
Did you put a charger on it last night? If not, I'd be looking strongly at a weak battery. Please keep us posted.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:08 AM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

If the battery was low before disconnecting the negative lead, it would still be low after you reconnected it, right? (well, maybe it had a *slight* recovery but not much)

I'd try charging it before jumping to conclusions. On the other hand, it's always possible the battery is DOA...
Old 04-01-2014, 11:51 AM
FlyinLow
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 108 Posts

This thread reminds of my 2005 MN6. You had to put the car in reverse when you turned it off, only applied to the manual transmission cars and only the 2005. GM convinced the DOT for 2006 and on that it wasn't necessary. At least once a summer I would come out to find the car dead after having drove it just one or two days earlier. Many others had the same issue. After 2 years of this GM was finally able to find an issue in the body control module (BCM) that in certain cases would keep the circuits "alive" in the car thus producing a large drain on the battery. A reflash with an update took care of the issue.

Hoping this does not turn out that same way.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Weasel
Melting Slicks

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

I just finished waving to the flatbed truck a half hour ago. It was a beautiful air-ride truck with a competent driver and my car is safe. The service writer assured me that they would take care of everything. I'm going to definitely get back to all of you as soon as I know anything. Thanks.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:59 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

I just finished waving to the flatbed truck a half hour ago. It was a beautiful air-ride truck with a competent driver and my car is safe. The service writer assured me that they would take care of everything. I'm going to definitely get back to all of you as soon as I know anything. Thanks.

(subscribed)
Old 04-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Rcpylon
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't start

My C7 Z51 Wouldn't start a week after getting it. Batt. dead. I got it to the dealer and left it there over night and went to pick it up and ask what was wrong? They said it wasn't run long enough to recharge up. I told them i'm not buying that. 65K for a car that I don't know will start, is bunch of crap, I can buy $100 dollar clunker with that problem. Soo I went to the service manager and he agreed with me and left the car there. 4 days later with the help of an engineer from B/G the computers were not going to sleep when parked. Works great now for the last 5 months .VETT Jet
Old 04-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Diver Down
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rcpylon
My C7 Z51 Wouldn't start a week after getting it. Batt. dead. I got it to the dealer and left it there over night and went to pick it up and ask what was wrong? They said it wasn't run long enough to recharge up. I told them i'm not buying that. 65K for a car that I don't know will start, is bunch of crap, I can buy $100 dollar clunker with that problem. Soo I went to the service manager and he agreed with me and left the car there. 4 days later with the help of an engineer from B/G the computers were not going to sleep when parked. Works great now for the last 5 months .VETT Jet
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by Rcpylon

Hey There,

I’m sorry that I didn’t see this concern earlier and that you experienced this inconvenience in general! However, I’m glad everything worked out on a positive note, but we are always around to answer questions and/or help out for future reference. Also, great to hear that it’s been a fun 5 months since! Have a great day.

Jennie R.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: Where's the "Car won't start thread?"