Sponsored by:

Most popular color?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 02:43 AM
FunDriver
Le Mans Master

Received 144 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by -CM-
Here on the forum, it seems that Torch Red is the most popular.
I have three friends with C7's and all are Torch Red. Mine is silver. But I really liked the dark reds of Magnetic Red on my C5 and Monterey Red on my C6.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:53 AM
SilverGhost
Drifting

Received 886 Likes on 476 Posts

Although an old thread, i note that most of the cars of the royal household driven to the harry's wedding were in a color (similar) to black rose. With the red pinstripes, black tops and silver interiors, they looked very striking. my brother in law visited the BMW werkes in Munich last week and noticed they are offering a new (similar to) black rose paint option. So of course Chevy cancelled it after one year.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:59 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,619 Likes on 6,625 Posts

Originally Posted by ExRedRacer
Me too.

I first laid eyes on this 1969 beauty as a college freshman...I’ll never forget it...”The Judge”. Might be a surprise to the younger guys to realize that this bright orange is nothing new and that it was popular 50 years ago!

Have a funny "Hugger Orange" car story. My first new car was a 1967 Corvair. I recall the purple color chip looked great. However my Uncle, who was service manager of the large Chevy dealer at the time said, I wouldn't get that it looks "muddy" in person. I didn't listen and got it.

Never forget when a month was up I washed it carefully and waxed it (that is what we used in the day!) I drove to the gas station to fill up. Someone looked at the car and said, "Bet that looks great when you wax it!" Yep it never look bright-looked "muddy!"

About 2 years later I'd had enough and had it painted what I thought would be like the bright "Hugger Orange" Camaro. Looked great on the color chip. It was an inexpensive paint job. However it came out much brighter, I and others, called it "reflector vest orange"- it almost glowed!

It was under a tree and got sap spots! By this time had added 14 inch tires and low profile tires, headers etc. Found out that cheap paint can only be replaced by another cheap paint job, unless you want to strip it all off! Had it painted silver with cheap paint! Car looked great even years later when I sold it!

Of my 5 Vettes the Grand Sport in my first white car I have ever owned. Have had 2 reds, a 40th Anniversary purple (which like my Corvair never looked great to me) and my C6 yellow. Happy with the White and I get many positive comments.

Now lets see what will be offered for the C8!

Last edited by JerryU; 05-22-2018 at 04:44 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:34 PM
Allen_B
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
...Now lets see what will be offered for the C8!
Arctic White...

Quick Reply: Most popular color?