Sponsored by:

My C7 being repaired for a week now

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Chip A
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Weasel
...yesterday they called late in the day to say that they have found the problem. A frayed wire in the rear-view mirror shorted and brought the electrical system to it's knees. They had never heard of this problem. The usual suspects were the first ones checked. I hope there's a company-wide data base that they store information like this.
Glad they got you fixed up. Did they not find any blown fuses and anything else in the way of a protection device that should have served to protect the cars electrical system?
Old 04-10-2014, 11:59 AM
OVERULD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 296 Likes on 214 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Some of you might recollect my original thread titled, "Car won't start." Well I can't find that thread .
Go to User CP, click on List Subscriptions. You will find it there.

Now for the difficult part. I'm ashamed because of my horrible rant. Sorry to carry on but to my defense I love this car. Blade silver, red interior, LT3, Stick. All that a man or woman could desire in a car. They'll send a shuttle driver to pick me up at work during lunch today to get it and bring it home.
Ranting on a public forum is never the best way to solve a problem. It amazes me how quickly people give vent to their anger this way. If that energy were instead directed at an open-minded, collaborative conversation with the other party and seasoned with just a little patience, most such rants would never see life. Glad your dealer found the problem and glad you were big enough to admit your hastiness. Now, go enjoy that great car!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:30 PM
beepster
Melting Slicks

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

As one who has been thru the Lemon Law process (not on a vette), I would recommend you read the brochure (furnished to you at delivery) and follow the exact procedures as outlined therein. Most states will require that you provide the dealer with ample opportunity to fix the problem but will limit the number of visits or "repair days" so as not to overly inconvenience the customer. The Lemon Laws are for real so if you follow the procedures and act reasonably, you should be able to resolve the problem...good luck!

P.S. Oops, my bad! Belay that last word, I see your problem has been resolved...good news!

Last edited by beepster; 04-10-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Pisswilly
Melting Slicks

Received 834 Likes on 370 Posts

Call Mary Barra.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:10 PM
ck9887
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

So a frayed electrical wire in the rear view mirror immobilized your car and caused a number of problems.... Oh geez. All these electrical gremlins with the C7 sound like they are gonna be causing headaches for quite some time
Old 04-10-2014, 01:25 PM
quick04Z06
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 600 Likes on 310 Posts

Yes, snappy is correct. I'll bring donuts. Because yesterday they called late in the day to say that they have found the problem. A frayed wire in the rear-view mirror shorted and brought the electrical system to it's knees. They had never heard of this problem. The usual suspects were the first ones checked. I hope there's a company-wide data base that they store information like this.

Now for the difficult part. I'm ashamed because of my horrible rant. Sorry to carry on but to my defense I love this car. Blade silver, red interior, LT3, Stick. All that a man or woman could desire in a car. They'll send a shuttle driver to pick me up at work during lunch today to get it and bring it home.
How can any wire be "frayed" in a brand new car unless maybe rodents ate it? Glad your car is fixed, OP, but this almost sounds like assembly line sabotage to me.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Big Lebowski
Le Mans Master

Received 3,987 Likes on 1,675 Posts

Originally Posted by USAF
Check your state "Lemon Law"

USAF
I agree. Sadly, I had a similar situation with my 2006 C6. DOA within 24 hrs of purchase, and no the dealer does not want you to return it. Contact a lemon law attorney. If there is a case, they will take the case for free...but as a result, they only take cases they know they will win because they get paid by GM if they prevail. It took me several months but we ultimately settled for a sizable chunk which I put down towards my museum delivery 2008 Atomic Orange Vert, which I loved!
Old 04-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Modshack
Safety Car

Received 444 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by OVERULD
Ranting on a public forum is never the best way to solve a problem. It amazes me how quickly people give vent to their anger this way. If that energy were instead directed at an open-minded, collaborative conversation with the other party and seasoned with just a little patience, most such rants would never see life. Glad your dealer found the problem and glad you were big enough to admit your hastiness. Now, go enjoy that great car!
And it never fails to amaze me how many "advisors" here Jump on the Lemon Law, Buyback, Call Channel 9 news etc. bandwagon. The sky never falls, what fails can be fixed...

Great they found the problem. That is an odd one..
Old 04-10-2014, 03:19 PM
hope2
Safety Car

Received 358 Likes on 241 Posts

FOR ME i am not buying for one minute a wire in the rear view mirror, or in a similar post a wire in the sun visor put that car down. give me a break.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:25 PM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 524 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by hope2
FOR ME i am not buying for one minute a wire in the rear view mirror, or in a similar post a wire in the sun visor put that car down. give me a break.
I know in C5's a short in the drivers seat can kill the car. Sounds like they haven't learned.

Quick Reply: My C7 being repaired for a week now