Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Love my 1st 'Vette, hate the "usual suspect" forum members

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 12:57 PM
VIK TOY
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The Forum is fun! And, I don't even go on facebook. Check out the different forums. I do agree 'tho that the C7 forum is not the place to attack other posters. Ken gets attacked all the time for his Avatar. It is mostly for the PR&C forum, and why should he change it?? It is his belief (and mine)
And, the different opinions are fun! Most Vette owners seem to be Conservative, but the libs are very vocal!! Everybody has their opinion and have their right to voice it!!
Old 04-16-2014, 12:58 PM
SEVETGO
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Happy to hear of the IGNORE LIST
Old 04-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Dan12
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cattman
I own a C7, and joined this website forum to seek help and advice, read useful information that will contribute to the enjoyment of my car, and in time, share information based on my experiences that might help others.

However, I have been absolutely disgusted with the plethora of juvenile members here who do nothing to add value to the community and who seemingly enjoy slamming other people.

I know that most Corvette owners must be good people, but the sheer volume of negative or immature posts on this forum is not representative of that population.

I really wish there were moderators who would kick the "usual suspects" out of the forums- we all know who they are- and unfortunately they often seem to have the most posts, and the most gold stars next to their avatars.

Love my C7, and wish I could interact more with the good guys here, and somehow block all posts by the jerks. Wouldn't it be great if we never had to see another post by INSERT NAME HERE?

Godspeed,
CATTMAN
I couldn't agree more but unfortunately as most say here get use to it so it tells you where they're at.

It may take a few generations before the sophistication of most owners catches up with the sophistication of the C7.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:32 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by evilmonkey
Go here: Ignore List

And don't take it personally, every playground has it's bullies...
Best response yet. The cyber bullies, keyboard hero's and troll's are on every forum.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:42 PM
icntdrv55
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The occasional short-tempered responses and miserable attitudes seem to worsen over the winter months when we're NOT out driving our cars and have nothing better to do than sit in front of the computer reading CF. If you think this place is intolerant and provincial, check out some the motorcycle forums during the deep freeze months. They'll make your hair turn grey! ….Oh wait, this is CF….we've already gone grey.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:17 PM
JetMechZ16
Race Director

Received 146 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
I'm crushed.

I can't imagine going through life ignoring anyone who disagrees with my opinion on something. That would be terribly boring and narrow minded.

I recently traded up from a C6 to a C7. I have noticed a marked difference between the C6 forums and the C7 forums here. I'll leave it at that.
I only quoted you so cattman can see that the ignore feature is not fullproof. If someone quotes someone else that you have on ignore you will see their post in the quote.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:39 PM
ny32182
Le Mans Master

Received 144 Likes on 88 Posts

Did you buy the car to drive and enjoy yourself, or to make sure you can impress everyone on an internet forum? If the latter you might be in for some disappointment, as no single car is going to be universally loved by everyone.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:59 PM
Dan12
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rad22
I am a one-year "veteran" of this forum now. I have found the C7 forum to be somewhat testy and contentious, by and large, compared to other automobile forums in which I participate. I honestly believe that it is somewhat indigenous to this sub forum.

Anybody have any ideas as to why?

Is it because the C7 as a totally new vehicle in the Corvette line, aimed at a different audience, has attracted a new and different population/culture of forum members?
I suspect the indeviduals creating this enviorment and overall image for this spectacular car would have a difficult time understanding the key words in your post.

I beleive that could have something to do with it.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:13 PM
SacVette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan12
I suspect the indeviduals creating this enviorment and overall image for this spectacular car would have a difficult time understanding the key words in your post.

I beleive that could have something to do with it.
You'll always have trolls on both sides, the "my newer model is better than your old one" and the "they screwed up everything with your new model" folks.

In a few years we'll have the same silliness between C7 and C8 owners.

Every model of the Vette is a unique and special car, and we're all lucky to be part of this "club". To quote the 10th Corvette Commandment:

10- Each Vette is an individual work of art; judge not lest ye might be judged.

nuff said
Old 04-16-2014, 04:28 PM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

May I suggest staying out of PR&C.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:32 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,288 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
May I suggest staying out of PR&C.
No, no, no, OP should be encouraged to post there. It would be fun to watch.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:45 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I don't necessarily disagree with the OP. There are quite a few people who contribute absolutely nothing to this section and simply are here to stir up discontent.
His intention to put those people on ignore reminded me of this...

S.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:31 PM
6spdg37s
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 46 Posts

Thats any forum not just vettes bro... actually the euro and import car ones are even worse.

You will realize certain members to listen to and certain members to ignore.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:33 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

I own a C7, and joined this website forum to seek help and advice, read useful information that will contribute to the enjoyment of my car, and in time, share information based on my experiences that might help others.

However, I have been absolutely disgusted with the plethora of juvenile members here who do nothing to add value to the community and who seemingly enjoy slamming other people.

I know that most Corvette owners must be good people, but the sheer volume of negative or immature posts on this forum is not representative of that population.

I really wish there were moderators who would kick the "usual suspects" out of the forums- we all know who they are- and unfortunately they often seem to have the most posts, and the most gold stars next to their avatars.

Love my C7, and wish I could interact more with the good guys here, and somehow block all posts by the jerks. Wouldn't it be great if we never had to see another post by INSERT NAME HERE?

Godspeed,
CATTMAN
You go girl!!! *snappin my fingas!
Old 04-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Racerdj
Melting Slicks

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

I know when schools out on some forums it gets worse. Loving every minute of ownership here though.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:13 PM
Daytona Bob
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 & '12, '14

If you ever need a shoulder to cry on... I'm available.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:27 PM
metal
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LFZ
You go girl!!! *snappin my fingas!

Get notified of new replies

To Love my 1st 'Vette, hate the "usual suspect" forum members

Old 04-16-2014, 08:41 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by v26278
I don't have anyone on ignore. Some of the trolls provide entertainment, in measured doses at least, sort of like watching "dumbest stuff on wheels", except its "dumbest stuff on the Internet"
On occasion, if I'm in a jaunty mood, and for my own entertainment, I've been guilty of getting under the troll's skin and feeding them poison.

One ceveat with the ignore button is that once someone is on your ignore list you have no way of knowing if they provided "unflattering" replies to any of your posts, thus you've forfeited the opportunity to provide a rebutal. However, there are still some people that are not even worth a rebutal.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 04-16-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:41 PM
FLYNLO
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Moderators ought to consider the number of times a member has been identified for ignoring as grounds enough.
CATTMAN
The moderators here do a pretty damn good job. He posted the rules about critiquing their job and the overall performance of the forum. And what do you do, exactly what the rules tell you not to do after the rules have been put right in front of you!!!

Sorry brutha, I try to be respectful on here. I try to conduct myself as I would in person. I am also a moderator on another forum and we have the exact same rule. Listen and learn and try to play by the rules...especially after one of the moderators was kind enough to cut and paste it for your consideration and consumption.

I hope you enjoy the car!!! And I hope you enjoy this forum!!! There are some good folks on here!!

Last edited by FLYNLO; 04-16-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:20 PM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
This.

I must say that I find very new members (OP has been a member here 6 months) who feel the need to post about what a horrible place it is and how it needs to change to be a bit egotistical. If you don't like the way the forum has been run for years I'd suggest that you find another forum instead of ranting about how this one needs to change to suit your tastes.
This time the Newbie is RIGHT! There are many known bullies around here and the C7 section tends to have a cluster of them at times.

Quick Reply: Love my 1st 'Vette, hate the "usual suspect" forum members