Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Love my 1st 'Vette, hate the "usual suspect" forum members

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Donuts
Race Director

Received 113 Likes on 72 Posts

If you think this koolaid stand is bad just wait until the new wears off your little stingray and you venture over into off topic.. You'll need 9 lives or really thick skin, I think thick skin and a sense of humor is the best way to enjoy this forum
Old 04-16-2014, 09:26 PM
Dan12
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cattman
I own a C7, and joined this website forum to seek help and advice, read useful information that will contribute to the enjoyment of my car, and in time, share information based on my experiences that might help others.

However, I have been absolutely disgusted with the plethora of juvenile members here who do nothing to add value to the community and who seemingly enjoy slamming other people.

I know that most Corvette owners must be good people, but the sheer volume of negative or immature posts on this forum is not representative of that population.

I really wish there were moderators who would kick the "usual suspects" out of the forums- we all know who they are- and unfortunately they often seem to have the most posts, and the most gold stars next to their avatars.

Love my C7, and wish I could interact more with the good guys here, and somehow block all posts by the jerks. Wouldn't it be great if we never had to see another post by INSERT NAME HERE?

Godspeed,
CATTMAN
Why some people or most dont fully agree with this is beyond me. Other forums are not like this, this is an embarrassment. Finally someone steps up and most of the responses are negative or making excuses. If you dont understand maybe youre part of the problem.

Is this what we should expect at Corvette gathering. Do most Corvette owners act this way? Its more than a few bad apples here.

When you buy certain cars a drive on their test track is mandatory, Ferrari is one. GM may need a mandatory behavior class or how to properly interact with fellow car enthusiasts.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:32 PM
mksz51
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by VIK TOY
The Forum is fun! And, I don't even go on facebook. Check out the different forums. I do agree 'tho that the C7 forum is not the place to attack other posters. Ken gets attacked all the time for his Avatar. It is mostly for the PR&C forum, and why should he change it?? It is his belief (and mine)
And, the different opinions are fun! Most Vette owners seem to be Conservative, but the libs are very vocal!! Everybody has their opinion and have their right to voice it!!
I must disagree. While I think that the denigration of our nation's President in this fashion is absolutely horrible (seriously, who would want that job?) that isn't the problem in my mind. He also isn't attacked for his message - generally, he is accurate, factual, and provides useful information. IN MY OPINION - it's the tone - which is generally condescending. No one deserves that on a perpetual basis. Seems like everyone wants to "get real" tonight and that's how I see it. If you feel the need please add me to your ignore list.

Last edited by mksz51; 04-16-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Dan12
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

An ignore list would contain way too many members maybe we can go with a Non ignore list.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:54 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Anybody else think it's ironic to start a bitch thread about bitching?

lisa
Old 04-16-2014, 09:57 PM
FLYNLO
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6
Anybody else think it's ironic to start a bitch thread about bitching?

lisa

Leave it to a woman to bring a little sense to all of this!!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 10:41 PM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

I didn't read all the posts, but enough to get a general idea of the trend. Just as a point of reference, as you can see, I joined back in 2004. Up till the C7 forums became active, I never had anyone on my ignore list. As of tonight, there are 7 folks on my ignore list and every one of them came because of posts they made here, in C7 general.

So the thread, though not directly related to C7's, has a valid subject matter that ultimately attends to the C7 general forum.

Quick Reply: Love my 1st 'Vette, hate the "usual suspect" forum members