Sponsored by:

Les Stanford Delivery Time

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 11:42 AM
BlueSting
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 7LitreC5
Dennis is responsive especially if you call his cell. Email can take a couple of days sometimes since they get pretty busy.
Can someone PM me Dennis's cell number?
Old 07-15-2014, 03:29 PM
cg02175
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Dennis is by far the best salesman I have ever dealt with. His contact info is as follows:

Office: 313-724-1428
Cell: 734-716-3212
Old 07-15-2014, 04:29 PM
Mwtpde
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mwtpde
Hey SN4R3,
I hate mentioning this to you on your TPW, but I thought you might appreciate a quick update on my car's shipping progress. I hope your shipping experience is quicker than what I have seen so far.

To recap, my car was built 6/17 then transferred to Toledo VDC for rail shipment to Crest Chevy. My last update from the dealer showed the car was bayed at Toledo VDC on 6/27. I received an update this morning 7/14 from the dealer and my car has moved from the parking lot at Toledo VDC to a rail car at Toledo VDC. It only took 2 and a half weeks to make this journey across the parking lot! Further, there is no ETA available and they didn't say the train car (with my car on it) is actually hooked up to a train and moving west. I was hoping for a delivery next week, but I think I am looking at two more weeks at least before it shows up at the dealer.

Once the car is built and transferred off the property at the factory, it seems like customer service's ability to give a status update fades out and the dealer becomes the only source of status info. I don't have any idea how they stage their trains for each destination, hopefully you will be luckier than me with your car arriving and loading onto a train in Toledo right before the one-train-a-month train pulls out of the station for California. OK sorry for being so jaded, just a little frustrated at how slow the shipping process is, coupled with the dealer's vague information on progress and the inability to accurately forecast a delivery date. I was hoping we had better technology than this....I think the anticipation is getting to me!
Update: I learned this morning, the train (with my car on it) has left Toledo. There is now an assigned ETA at Mira Loma, CA of 7/22. So I gather the ETA isn't assigned until the train pulls out of Toledo. If the train arrives in Mira Loma on time, then there is a minimum of 3 business days to unload the car, sort by destination, and then load on a truck carrier for delivery to the dealer. The truck delivery phase can take longer (up to 10 to 12 business days worst case) depending on the amount of cars at the termination railhead VDC when your car arrives. My ETA at the dealer is 7/25 at the earliest, more likely 7/28 or 7/29. Total time from date built to delivery in Sourthern Cal for my car is tracking right on 6 weeks. Either the dealer or Chevy Customer service can get status updates as frequently as you like while the car is in transit. Chevy Customer service will not release the shipper or the rail car number to you, so you must check in with them for status. I haven't asked if the dealer would be willing to share this information.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:29 PM
AustinVettes
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MrGTC
Thanks for sharing. I think I may choose delivery by enclosed trailer now. Seems like waiting for courtesy delivery is averaging six weeks after date of production.
I think the wait isn't because of the courtesy delivery. The wait is dependent on how GM happens to deliver cars to your part of the US. GM doesn't ship your car to Les Stanford and then ship it again to your courtesy delivery choice.

I just pulled out some service receipts for my C6 because I remembered that the dealership shows the production dates on their forms. My C6 was built on 9/18/07, and I took delivery of the car on the morning of 9/25. So even if the car rolled off the production line and straight onto the truck for delivery, it took less than 7 days for the car to be transported to Austin. (The dealer had the car at least one day ahead of delivery for PDI.) There is a chance that the shipping actually took much less than 7 days because the car might have been sitting around waiting for the next truck. I believe shipping to Texas is all by truck and that expedites things a bit.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:59 PM
CUSA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 7LitreC5
Dennis is responsive especially if you call his cell. Email can take a couple of days sometimes since they get pretty busy.

Quick Reply: Les Stanford Delivery Time