Sponsored by:

What do you like about your C7?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 05:25 PM
scott53
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default What do you like about your C7?

I’ve read numerous threads on this forum asking C7 owners to list what they don’t like or what they would change. I would not change a thing. Maybe I’m too easily satisfied, but I like everything about my C7! Or perhaps I prefer to focus more on the positive in life than the negative. Let’s see if I’m the only one. Tell us what you like the most about your C7.

I’ll go first. Here are the top five things I like about my Stingray:

1. The stiffness of the frame. This is an absolute game changer. I could feel a significant difference over my ’10 GS within the first few miles. Love it!

2. The low end torque of the LT1 is truly amazing. I’m at 940 miles and as the engine and drive train continue to wear in, it just keeps getting stronger and stronger. Love it!

3. The precision of the steering. As good as the steering on my C4, C5, and C6 were at the time, the C7 is that much better. Love it!

4. The quality of the seats and interior. I actually liked the seats in the C6 for DD and road trips, but not so much on the track. The complete interior of the C7 is a quantum leap forward. My wife and I have our first long road trip planned for late May. I can hardly wait. Very comfortable seats and great interior. Love it!

5. The overall style of the body, including the rear end and tail lights. The lines of the car are so beautiful in person. When I compared the rear views of a C5, C6, and C7 I could why the designers did this; the black lower fascia causes the rear end to look much smaller than the previous two generations. I especially like that. My C7 draws more attention than any car I have owned. It certainly is not for the introvert. What a beautiful design. I love it!

The only problem I have with it is that I can’t stop driving it. I’ll drive 4-5 miles to the Post Office, and then I seem to find a route that takes me 10-15 miles to return home! Ever errand takes me way longer than it should. It is THE best Corvette ever!
Old 04-24-2014, 06:12 PM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,649 Likes on 817 Posts

Originally Posted by scott53
I’ve read numerous threads on this forum asking C7 owners to list what they don’t like or what they would change. I would not change a thing. Maybe I’m too easily satisfied, but I like everything about my C7! Or perhaps I prefer to focus more on the positive in life than the negative. Let’s see if I’m the only one. Tell us what you like the most about your C7.

I’ll go first. Here are the top five things I like about my Stingray:

1. The stiffness of the frame. This is an absolute game changer. I could feel a significant difference over my ’10 GS within the first few miles. Love it!

2. The low end torque of the LT1 is truly amazing. I’m at 940 miles and as the engine and drive train continue to wear in, it just keeps getting stronger and stronger. Love it!

3. The precision of the steering. As good as the steering on my C4, C5, and C6 were at the time, the C7 is that much better. Love it!

4. The quality of the seats and interior. I actually liked the seats in the C6 for DD and road trips, but not so much on the track. The complete interior of the C7 is a quantum leap forward. My wife and I have our first long road trip planned for late May. I can hardly wait. Very comfortable seats and great interior. Love it!

5. The overall style of the body, including the rear end and tail lights. The lines of the car are so beautiful in person. When I compared the rear views of a C5, C6, and C7 I could why the designers did this; the black lower fascia causes the rear end to look much smaller than the previous two generations. I especially like that. My C7 draws more attention than any car I have owned. It certainly is not for the introvert. What a beautiful design. I love it!

The only problem I have with it is that I can’t stop driving it. I’ll drive 4-5 miles to the Post Office, and then I seem to find a route that takes me 10-15 miles to return home! Ever errand takes me way longer than it should. It is THE best Corvette ever!
It is the best Corvette ever! As far as the problem of driving it too much...I hear you! 1 mile to the grocery store usually turns into 50 for me! I can't get my butt out of this car!
Old 04-24-2014, 06:20 PM
Sallye M
22 Hypersonic Grey HTC
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 142 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by supersonic 427
It is the best corvette ever! As far as the problem of driving it too much...i hear you! 1 mile to the grocery store usually turns into 50 for me! I can't get my butt out of this car!
i agree!
Old 04-24-2014, 06:25 PM
F4 Phantom
Melting Slicks

Received 490 Likes on 292 Posts

also. It's a wonderful car! My first Corvette. 2 months and 11 days and counting, 4,100 miles. I've gotten bombarded with compliments and questions.

Last edited by F4 Phantom; 04-24-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:29 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Taking mine to our club's board meeting tonight, even though heavy showers are happening. 2 months ownership tomorrow, 1,800 miles and been washed 3 times since I took delivery.

No biggie, it'll clean up
Old 04-24-2014, 07:45 PM
shreded1
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
Taking mine to our club's board meeting tonight, even though heavy showers are happening. 2 months ownership tomorrow, 1,800 miles and been washed 3 times since I took delivery.

I love everything about my C7 and really like the avatars!
Old 04-24-2014, 07:51 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 249 Posts

Everything
Old 04-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Waytofastvette2006
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love the looks !

It's the best looking car I can afford this side of a Ferrari.

It's fun just looking at the thing in the garage
Old 04-24-2014, 08:02 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

It'd be a lot easier to list the things I don't like because there are very few. I could go on and on about the things I like. The looks, the precise handling, and the acceleration would be at the top of my list of things I like.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:03 PM
stevebz06
Melting Slicks

Received 304 Likes on 205 Posts

I think this is the first post about the car that didn't even mention the "Infotainment" systems. If I had one, my list would probably look very similar to yours. My only comment would be about the seats, which, while they might be comfortable and supportive, I think they add too much weight.

Other than that, thanks for letting us know that you like the basic qualities so much. I'm looking forward to being able to test drive one.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:15 PM
scott53
Instructor

Originally Posted by KenHorse

I'm with you Ken. We took ours to our monthly club meeting in the rain. It didn't melt or shrink. The next day I washed it and it looked great again. I'll be dead for a long time...I'm going to play with my toys now.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:16 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Supersonic 427
It is the best Corvette ever! As far as the problem of driving it too much...I hear you! 1 mile to the grocery store usually turns into 50 for me! I can't get my butt out of this car!
Yes this is true. Took delivery tonight, five miles were on the clock, now there are seventy five. I could hardly stop for dinner. The weatherman say rain tomorrow, will give me a chance to actually look the car over.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:00 AM
onthebottom
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This is very consistent with my view - I really have no complaints - it's my first vette (or sports car) so I can't compare with earlier models. I find I'm driving it all the time, on a trip to Japan now, can't wait to get home, see the wife, kids and take the car out.... yeah, i that order - that's it.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:52 PM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by scott53

Last Sunday I went out to get the morning Newspaper at a store within a mile from home. 60 miles later I returned with my paper (and a the C7 grin.)

Old 04-25-2014, 09:59 PM
C7Joy
Race Director

Received 176 Likes on 157 Posts

There are are too many things about my C7 I love to list. Many of them are already listed above anyway. I am only about 600 miles in, and that isn't much. But so far EVERYTHING works damn well early in the game.

There are no serious dislikes. I would improve the orange peel situation though. Most surfaces are acceptable but a few of the vertical surfaces are a little rougher than I would prefer.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:59 PM
raymbarr
Cruising

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I can't stay out of it either. At work, I think about how fun it's going to be driving home with the top down. And as others have said, I go to drop one of my kids off and I just keep going... a 1 mile drive ends up turning into 40+

It's so much fun to drive. So solid, so strong, and feels so good in your hands. Feels like you're really part of the car (especially with the stick I have).

Can't say enough great things about it.

I've had mine about 2 months and have 2800+ miles on it. Drive it rain and shine.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:17 PM
daytonagary
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

had a 61 vette in high school in 1966, had a 65 vette in 1983, as far as I am concerned they stopped making real vettes in 1967. had the privilege to drive a 1967 435 horse coupe with sidepipes while working at chevy dealer in 1967 and considered that the ultimate vehicle all my life. Had no interest in them or intentions of ever buying another one in my life time ( now at the age of 65 and and also have never previously bought a brand new car in my life) but the C7 changed all that. Got 1200 miles on mine and love every minute of driving it. Best production automobile made in the history of the world IMO.

Get notified of new replies

To What do you like about your C7?

Old 04-25-2014, 11:56 PM
Sin City
Le Mans Master

Received 4,116 Likes on 1,470 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Most impressive:

torque down low.
brakes -- both the ability of them and the feel/feedback

Most surprising

How good the stock exhaust sounds from 3000 to red line.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:07 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

It would be easier to say what I don't like about it.

1) I wish it had a little more lower back support (competition seats).

2) (and this is an easy fix) I just wish it came with a little more power, 500 bhp is a nice round number to start. I have NPP and a DiabloTune, I run 94 octane so I'm looking at about 480 and I still don't think that's enough. I'm not trying to be macho man or anything, I would just like to see a few more stock ponies under the hood.

Other than that I have zero complaints what so ever, I absolutely love my car and so does everybody else, nothing but gawkers and question askers wherever I go.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:48 PM
scott53
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sin City
Most impressive:

torque down low.
brakes -- both the ability of them and the feel/feedback

Most surprising

How good the stock exhaust sounds from 3000 to red line.
I too was surprised how good the stock exhaust sounds. I loved my '10 GS, but wished that I had gotten the NPP as the base system was too quiet. The base exhaust on the C7 is exactly right for what I wanted the car for.

Quick Reply: What do you like about your C7?