Sponsored by:

Numbers do not lie, but.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 02:24 PM
HARVEY T.GLUCK
Drifting

Received 651 Likes on 151 Posts

Default Numbers do not lie, but.....

As everbody knows I go back long time with Corvettes--so I have seen many Colors Exterior and interior "Ad Norseum"
"BUT" I must say my Limerock Green with the Brownstone Interior has received more Rave Reviews then any other Corvette I have ever owned except maybe for the Carbon Flash 60th Anniversary ZR1 with the Red Stripe on the Wheels...(by the way the red stripe is back for next year on one of the packages)..
The ordering guides say the Green orders are almost non existent if you take out the 500 Special Additions so By-By....I guess from this you gleam the buyers are saying "I like the Green but I would not order it."
As far as the Brownstone Interior to me its the richest Color I have ever seen in a Corvette and its the only Color thats does not have any Black accents ....
I know Price enters into this Option but its a stunner and I hope it stays around for years to come ( market says "No")..
Just a few thoughts...............Harvey
Old 05-03-2014, 02:46 PM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

I just placed my order yesterday fir a LRG coupe. Can't wait and am hoping GM is spring loaded to use up what LRG paint they have and my car moves along the process faster.

LRG reminds me of my 1969 Firebird 400.

LRG will be a rare gem in the sea of red and black Corvettes that appear to dominate the Vette's color palette.

Oh and like my 69 Firebird that had Uniroyal Red Line tires, I'm having my dealer install RED Rim Ringz prior to delivery.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:20 PM
Snorman
Scraping the splitter.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,028 Likes on 486 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Although I didn't order it, I really like the LRG.
I am actually surprised that GM is ditching it and bringing back orange. Orange???
S.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

I'm with you on the Brownstone interior. Lime Rock Green, not so much.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:45 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,947 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Lime rock green with kalahari is nice too.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:02 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
Lime rock green with kalahari is nice too.
saw one in the oncoming lane...vert with kali top....stands out nicely....yes, we DID wave!
Old 05-03-2014, 04:24 PM
louloumax
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HARVEY T.GLUCK
As everbody knows I go back long time with Corvettes--so I have seen many Colors Exterior and interior "Ad Norseum"
"BUT" I must say my Limerock Green with the Brownstone Interior has received more Rave Reviews then any other Corvette I have ever owned except maybe for the Carbon Flash 60th Anniversary ZR1 with the Red Stripe on the Wheels...(by the way the red stripe is back for next year on one of the packages)..
The ordering guides say the Green orders are almost non existent if you take out the 500 Special Additions so By-By....I guess from this you gleam the buyers are saying "I like the Green but I would not order it."
As far as the Brownstone Interior to me its the richest Color I have ever seen in a Corvette and its the only Color thats does not have any Black accents ....
I know Price enters into this Option but its a stunner and I hope it stays around for years to come ( market says "No")..
Just a few thoughts...............Harvey
LRG is by far the nicest paint color out there and the couple that i have seen had no orange peel. nice!
so why did i buy laguna blue? i don't like green cars.
who said there's any logic here! the mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:31 PM
RKInIL
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One screw up on GMs part was not offering a brown convertible top. Its very hard to use brownstone on a convertible with out a circus of colors on the car.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:32 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I agree with the Brownstone choice, but as I am going to have to go 2lt to get other things that I desire I can't get it. Like LRG also but the wife saz either red or white, so going white.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

The other night I went to our Corvette Club meeting and there was a nice LRG vert.... It's a georgous color and had I not wanted something a bit easier to maintain that's what I would have bought. However..."orange again?!?" It didn't sell before, will it now???
Old 05-03-2014, 05:16 PM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I really like the Green and also the Brownstone interior. I am just not overly wild about them on the same car. I started out this model year thinking I wanted the higher HP in a Blue Coupe with an Automatic. So, I waited. Recently I had decided on a Z06 with the Automatic in Green. Now the Green is gone for 2015. I just dont seem to mesh very well with those that make the decisions at Corvette anymore.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:21 PM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,099 Likes on 852 Posts

LRG ROCKS!

Get notified of new replies

To Numbers do not lie, but.....

Quick Reply: Numbers do not lie, but.....