C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why did Chevy not put Z51 on car, but they put Z71 on truck?

Old 12-04-2014, 09:59 PM
JCar
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
Wow, a genius statement and you're exactly right.

The exact same principle applies to those who horselaugh about it too.. Question asked and opinions given...

ahh makes the world go round.
Yep I have an uncanny grasp of the obvious. Lol
Old 12-04-2014, 11:07 PM
thatonedude1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP, sorry you had to bring up the Z51 issue on this board again. Nothing stirs up more Z51 hate here than either referring to your car as a "Z51" or discussing Z51 badges. I myself have done both and am now persona non grata here with the "Z-51 police".

I'm 2nd owner of my car (09 JSB) and it came with one Z51 badge on each fender side. I probably would not have installed them, but I'm sure not going to pry them off and damage the paint either. I searched nationwide for a year and it was the best Z51 car I could find. I was not going to let a fender badge stop me from buying it. BTW, I think they look great and set the car off.

For me, it is personal taste and how you want your car to look. People change their vettes in endless ways to either make the car look like what they want or how they want it to look to others. Special wheels, lowering, faux carbon fiber wraps, different air dams, spoilers, wide body kits, grill meshes, red caliper covers, drilled rotors, engine "dress" kits with faux stainless hoses, etc, etc. All kinds of things to customize so it looks like something else or different. A couple badges to identify an option package seems minor.

Heck, how many people buy a grand sport or Z06 because they prefer the look, yet never drive the car harder than a Camry? Are those guys posing? Maybe so, but who gives a rats *** either way. Buy what you want, modify it how you want, and live and let live.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:02 AM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

^^^^ Sorry but you are wrong^^^^^
It is the obligation of every Corvette owner regardless of the "generation" to ensure that other owners maintain the intergrity of the brand. The Universal Code of Business ("UCB") adopted in 1949 clearly states the following:
"No one shall be allowed to make any modification to their vehicle under any circumstances without the expressed permission of the designer/stylist and the majority of that generation's owners".
Therefore you may not modify your personal vehicle to your liking or own taste until you have the approvals as noted above.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why did Chevy not put Z51 on car, but they put Z71 on truck?