Sponsored by:

Early delivery or change order with msrc risking later delivery

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 04:57 PM
OthmanAlJ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Early delivery or change order with msrc risking later delivery

Ive been thinking of adding magnetic ride control to my 2015 order but I'm afraid I'll risk my earlier delivery time .

Does it make a huge difference if I'm used to normal suspension? The only issue is I need my car as soon as possible and I'm going to be a student so I probably wont head to the track often, maybe a rally or two here and there. Should i stick to the normal and just get aftermarket suspension/chassis upgrades down the road?

After a few years i'm going to be upgrading it to one of the 700 hp supercharged mod packages from one of the companies like hennessy, vengeance or lmr so would it make a difference later or am i going to be good enough for later?
Old 06-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,076 Likes on 6,173 Posts

What happens to your delivery date depends on where your order is in the process. If you are at 3000 or more, you can't change your order unless you give up that order and start over (your dealer may not be too happy about that). If you are below 3000, changing your order will have no impact on build/delivery date.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:41 PM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Make the change, you will never regret it. It's worth every penny.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:06 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Since no order is at 3000 or beyond, what Zymurgy said!

Laborsmith
Old 06-29-2014, 06:33 PM
OthmanAlJ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like im caving in and getting it really hope the final price wont be over 70k lol
Old 06-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

I went with the base car, saved the money and have not missed the option. I will trade in about two years and revisit the options then. Technology is evolving so fast, don't marry the car, trade as upgrade options dictate.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:35 AM
fdxpilot
Safety Car

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by OthmanAlJ
Ive been thinking of adding magnetic ride control to my 2015 order but I'm afraid I'll risk my earlier delivery time .

Does it make a huge difference if I'm used to normal suspension? The only issue is I need my car as soon as possible and I'm going to be a student so I probably wont head to the track often, maybe a rally or two here and there. Should i stick to the normal and just get aftermarket suspension/chassis upgrades down the road?

After a few years i'm going to be upgrading it to one of the 700 hp supercharged mod packages from one of the companies like hennessy, vengeance or lmr so would it make a difference later or am i going to be good enough for later?
Unless your car was given an allocation this weekend (the first for '15s) you are still at status 1100, which means only that your order is in the computer, the first and most basic stage of the process. Your dealer can change it with no problems at all.

Get notified of new replies

To Early delivery or change order with msrc risking later delivery

Quick Reply: Early delivery or change order with msrc risking later delivery