Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wow, I love this Vette!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 02:17 PM
HDBADDOG55
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 73 Posts

7 months & 6,200 miles on my daily driver. Flawless car!
Old 06-24-2014, 02:27 PM
stingray87xx
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Long time lurker, I need to get this new job I'm trying to get at work. I need one of these cars BADLY. My Mustang is feeling a bit long in the tooth now, particuarly on the track...
Old 06-24-2014, 03:01 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Bought it 18 days ago.1200 miles on it.Not 1 problem except it's to quiet no NPP.
I will be taking care of that in the near future.The best car I've ever owned.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:47 PM
need4speedmotors
Supporting Vendor

Received 190 Likes on 182 Posts

Drive safe guys. These machines really are built to the best that they can be.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:08 PM
level6
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by romaja
Glad you are enjoying your car. I see we live in the same city and was wondering if you have been stopped by LEO's concerning no front license plate. I will be ordering a 2015 coupe and hate to ruin the lines with an ugly front plate. Curious.
Thanks
I'm sure you'll like your Corvette. Pic was taken when vette was brand new as I have my front plate mounted now. I see many vettes without the front plates here while some people say they get hassled, some don't. Of course the plate looks like crap mounted on the front, some arrangements more than others. It's one of those things though that become invisible to the eye after awhile. I mentally filter it out when I glance at the car as do most people.
I never drive after drinking too much but sometimes after a dinner out with two drinks... coming home... the last thing I'd want is to talk with a cop about my plates. Maybe he'd smell the liquor, just don't want the hassle of being pulled over for no plate.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:16 PM
level6
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This thread is great! Really like to hear that others are getting into their C7s.

We needed to balance out the threads here. There were getting to be quite a few posts with just problems in them. I'm glad they are all here as they are informative, but it's okay also just to post up to say your car is cool if it is. It gives the thousands of lurkers out there who come here to see what the owners think about their cars a better idea of the true picture.

Old 06-24-2014, 04:38 PM
romaja
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by level6
I'm sure you'll like your Corvette. Pic was taken when vette was brand new as I have my front plate mounted now. I see many vettes without the front plates here while some people say they get hassled, some don't. Of course the plate looks like crap mounted on the front, some arrangements more than others. It's one of those things though that become invisible to the eye after awhile. I mentally filter it out when I glance at the car as do most people.
I never drive after drinking too much but sometimes after a dinner out with two drinks... coming home... the last thing I'd want is to talk with a cop about my plates. Maybe he'd smell the liquor, just don't want the hassle of being pulled over for no plate.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe we can get together when I get my 2015. Their is another person on the forum that lives close as well he will be purchasing a C7 up in Longview Washington. His name is Mike and he lives in Lacenter.

Ps. I feel the same way about the front plate. I do not want to give an LEO probable cause to pull me over.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:46 PM
DanTheFireman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
...just over 1000 miles in 3 months here. When it sits in the garage for more than a couple days I get antsy...I just go for a drive. I make up some stupid excuse like, "I need to run to Home Depot", or "I'm going to hit some ***** at the driving range" (but never get there).
Ha, just did one of those Home Depot runs yesterday - forgot what for. A little over 8000 miles here and loving it.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:59 PM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Whether driving to Home Depot or beyond... enjoy it & love it!
I just did 1400+ miles in 24 hours... in the new 'vert!
Attached Images    
Old 06-24-2014, 05:22 PM
Pschwab
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never even imagined I could enjoy driving a car as much a I do this one!! Even when I'm sitting in traffic during my commute, I'm smiling ear to ear! It's sooooo much fun. Just cracked 5k on my drive in this morning. It's my daily driver, and while I don't like seeing the miles add up, I enjoy every one of them!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:50 PM
FEEDMESLURPIES
Racer

I've said it before but I'll say it again, I love seeing review threads like this from owners!

2 weeks to go for me and I'll be in Bowling Green picking up a (hopefully near flawless) Vette of my own!

I hope that I'll feel the same as all of those on here who absolutely adore this car and sometimes wonder if it was worth it as a purchase but I am just going to cross my fingers, try not to worry and hope to be just as thrilled once I get it!

Happy for you!
Old 06-24-2014, 06:01 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

5000 miles (many of which have been racked up in Washington) and goin' strong baby
Old 06-24-2014, 06:01 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

There are so many positives about this car.The torque is fantastic.Can't beat it.A race car that at times can get nearly 40 MPG.Whoever heard of that?
Old 06-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Pschwab
Advanced

Originally Posted by FEEDMESLURPIES
I've said it before but I'll say it again, I love seeing review threads like this from owners!

2 weeks to go for me and I'll be in Bowling Green picking up a (hopefully near flawless) Vette of my own!

I hope that I'll feel the same as all of those on here who absolutely adore this car and sometimes wonder if it was worth it as a purchase but I am just going to cross my fingers, try not to worry and hope to be just as thrilled once I get it!

Happy for you!
Believe me (us), it was worth it!!! I used to wonder the same thing, and had to justify the purchase to myself, but that was before I drove it

The second you drop the clutch, you'll know right away it was worth it!
Old 06-24-2014, 06:10 PM
David2667
Advanced

Just over 1000 miles in a month and this car is amazing!! It's not a daily driver and very hard to pull out of the garage and seeing her sit there!
Attached Images  
Old 06-24-2014, 07:54 PM
chas70
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Just wanted to offer this post up to say that I am enjoying this Corvette very much. It's been a little over 3 months now, daily driver and this car has been flawless. So smooth in normal driving, but can turn into a controlled thrill machine as quick as a thought.

As an aside, I know it's been mentioned here, but the latest Autoweek just came in the mail. It was fun to read the results of their annual Fantasy Camp, where they invite some of their readers to thoroughly test a selection of the finest performance coupes and rate them. Clear winner: our Stingray. It's not just us that think so, ...this vette is the hottest thing on the streets today.

Are you pretty happy with yours?

I live out in Tigard. Sounds like there are a few of us close to each other. Should get our cars and get together.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:32 PM
FEEDMESLURPIES
Racer

Originally Posted by Pschwab
Believe me (us), it was worth it!!! I used to wonder the same thing, and had to justify the purchase to myself, but that was before I drove it

The second you drop the clutch, you'll know right away it was worth it!
Thanks for the reassurance, I sure hope that you're right! For a younger (comparatively) guy like me, it was a hard call to drop this kind of coin on a car, but i'm going with the whole YOLO thing to keep me from thinking about it too much. I think the wait and anxiousness to know that i'm not getting a faulty one has bummed me a little bit but once I start driving it hopefully all those thoughts will fade away and i'll love this car for a lot of years. For this kind of money I don't have much of a choice!

Get notified of new replies

To Wow, I love this Vette!

Old 06-24-2014, 08:45 PM
richelu
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Love this thread and cannot wait till I pick up my '15 in the fall.
This thread would be better with more pix though as I love seeing the car out and about in different parts of the US.

Rich
Old 06-24-2014, 08:51 PM
AttyVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Just wanted to offer this post up to say that I am enjoying this Corvette very much. It's been a little over 3 months now, daily driver and this car has been flawless. So smooth in normal driving, but can turn into a controlled thrill machine as quick as a thought.

As an aside, I know it's been mentioned here, but the latest Autoweek just came in the mail. It was fun to read the results of their annual Fantasy Camp, where they invite some of their readers to thoroughly test a selection of the finest performance coupes and rate them. Clear winner: our Stingray. It's not just us that think so, ...this vette is the hottest thing on the streets today.

Are you pretty happy with yours?

First of all, you have a beautiful C7. Second, I love my C7 and enjoy how it drives ,handles and of course, how it looks.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:03 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by romaja
Thanks for the reply. Maybe we can get together when I get my 2015. Their is another person on the forum that lives close as well he will be purchasing a C7 up in Longview Washington. His name is Mike and he lives in Lacenter.

Ps. I feel the same way about the front plate. I do not want to give an LEO probable cause to pull me over.
Hey guys - Mike here. Mark, your C7 is beautiful! I look forward to seeing it in person. Like Jim (romaja), I have a 2015 on order and can't wait. The only good news is that I still have my C6 to enjoy until I get my Stingray. Would love to get together, meet you, and see your C7.

Quick Reply: Wow, I love this Vette!