C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have any experience with "Nano-Fusion" protective film?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 01:06 PM
CROOPS34
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have any experience with "Nano-Fusion" protective film?

So I am starting do do a bit of research before I take delivery of my car and found a place in my area that installs Xpel film so I dropped by.
Now to be clear right from the start the guy wasn't trying to sell me on a specific product but he showed me both the Xpel and the Nano-Fusion.
The guy seemed very knowledgable, his shop was VERY clean, and I was impressed in general with him and his place. He even recomended a detail shop to send the car to after delivery before he took possesion of it for the install of the protective film and tints.
So my question is, does anyone have any experience with one over the other? He recomended the Nano-fusion from his personal experience with both products, but also said they were both very similar and would order whatever I chose no questions. This will be the first protective film I put on one of my cars and I am planning on doing the front bumper, partial hood, mirrors along with partial trunk lid and door handle pockets.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:30 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

From the nanofusion website information (which is pretty scarce), it does not appear that this film is self-healing like the Xpel Ultimate. They claim it is easier to install, and Xpel probably is more difficult to install, but your are paying a "professional" to do the installation so that is their issue to deal with, not yours. They have a "lifetime" warranty, beating Xpel's 10 year warranty (if you are going to keep the car for more than 10 years).

I really recommend getting the full hood done. The whole front end is very low and debris can strike it anywhere on the hood. My C6 had several incidents of debris hitting well up on the hood.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:40 PM
CROOPS34
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. He did state that the Nano-Fusion did have self healing properties like Xpel and that both only self heal to a certian level. The lifetime waranty was what got my attention. I was just looking to see if anyone had ever seen this product installed.
I appreciate the advice on the hood as well. I will take it into consideration when I'm making my final decision on what areas to cover once I take delivery.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have any experience with "Nano-Fusion" protective film?

Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience with "Nano-Fusion" protective film?