C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has the Customer Service Thread Fizzled?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Has the Customer Service Thread Fizzled?

I've noticed for about the past week there have been fewer and fewer responses in the Customer Service thread. My car was built on 6/30 and is to be courtesy delivered in Georgia. My dealer said it was shipped Saturday, but I can't seem to get a confirmation from CCC on here or on the Chevy site. I believe him but would just like to get a second confirmation to fully ease my mind. I just wonder if all these status requests have taken a toll. Also the last few answers seem to have come from only William R. Where are Jennie and Marissa? And by the way, the Chevy site has my status as "at the dealership" since last Friday. That order tracker absolutely sucks.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Duck Hunter
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

It has for me. I asked for a update on my car two weeks ago and have not gotten a response. My dealer has promised to update me as soon as the status changes, so I guess I'll just have to wait to hear from him.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:50 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Duck Hunter
It has for me. I asked for a update on my car two weeks ago and have not gotten a response. My dealer has promised to update me as soon as the status changes, so I guess I'll just have to wait to hear from him.
Maybe GM issued a recall on the CS computer power switches
Old 07-14-2014, 05:16 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure what is meant by fizzling out as update requests are being answered. From the beginning some have been missed which is not a surprise because each request requires its own search EACH time an update is requested.

The number of individuals asking for updates will go down because the number of individual retail sold orders will go down. This is normal whether for a Corvette or an Impala. The difference is a few dozen Corvette buyers will actively request updates each week over the course of the model year and the number of Impala buyers asking for updates will sink to a dozen over the course of the model year.

My conclusion, the thread will remain active and from time to time a request will be missed. It happens. But reposting a request will likely work.

Now, could automatic updates absent human intervention be possible? Of course, there was ChevroletConnects (AKA GMConnects) supervised by four volunteers and it worked for a few years until dealers (in my opinion, I could be wrong but I doubt it) lobbied GM to stop the easy to convert feed. The dealers won, if anyone wonders.

Laborsmith
Old 07-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

^^It's obvious if you check the thread that many have gone unanswered lately, an unusual amount. Plus, there seems to be one rep now instead of three, though I may be jumping to conclusions on that. I apply this to the Chevy chat site too. I haven't been able to get a confirmation on shipping, when my dealer says it has. That's odd. I'm not complaining. I'm just stating an observation. No one can complain no matter what, because they provide/or provided a wonderful service for us anxiety ridden C7 owners to be.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdm23
I've noticed for about the past week there have been fewer and fewer responses in the Customer Service thread. My car was built on 6/30 and is to be courtesy delivered in Georgia. My dealer said it was shipped Saturday, but I can't seem to get a confirmation from CCC on here or on the Chevy site. I believe him but would just like to get a second confirmation to fully ease my mind. I just wonder if all these status requests have taken a toll. Also the last few answers seem to have come from only William R. Where are Jennie and Marissa? And by the way, the Chevy site has my status as "at the dealership" since last Friday. That order tracker absolutely sucks.
Our apologies if it appears the tracking thread hasn't been answered to your expectations. As mentioned, vehicle issues are a priority for our department and we try to leverage answering as many inquisitive customers as possible on a daily basis. We do recognize that, occasionally, some posts are missed, but we do our best to ensure every customer receives an answer as fast as possible.

Originally Posted by Duck Hunter
In case it got buried, here's the link to my July 10th response to your order status request:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1587...-post9988.html

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-14-2014, 06:21 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The dealer has access to more up to date info for its own orders. For example, I was sitting at my salespersons desk while she checked the status of my order, and in that moment she told me it was just leaving the plant. The fact that it shipped did not show up on GMConnects until the next day.

As I indicated, this process could be automated and once was, for the most part. The Chevy version in its current form is a waste of bandwidth, something I have been saying for years. Literally, for years. It is stupid, irrelevant, and an abomination. Gppd thing I mince words, otherwise you might know what I think about it.

Laborsmith
Old 07-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

I don't have any expectations. I feel what you guys were doing was a privilege not an entitlement. It's just obvious that something has changed, at least recently. I know it's not the CCC priority to answer our inquiries all day, every day.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:49 PM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 646 Likes on 388 Posts

GM Connects was a great tool. I wish that it were still around.

Originally Posted by laborsmith
Not sure what is meant by fizzling out as update requests are being answered. From the beginning some have been missed which is not a surprise because each request requires its own search EACH time an update is requested.

The number of individuals asking for updates will go down because the number of individual retail sold orders will go down. This is normal whether for a Corvette or an Impala. The difference is a few dozen Corvette buyers will actively request updates each week over the course of the model year and the number of Impala buyers asking for updates will sink to a dozen over the course of the model year.

My conclusion, the thread will remain active and from time to time a request will be missed. It happens. But reposting a request will likely work.

Now, could automatic updates absent human intervention be possible? Of course, there was ChevroletConnects (AKA GMConnects) supervised by four volunteers and it worked for a few years until dealers (in my opinion, I could be wrong but I doubt it) lobbied GM to stop the easy to convert feed. The dealers won, if anyone wonders.

Laborsmith
Old 07-14-2014, 09:11 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by laborsmith
The dealer has access to more up to date info for its own orders.
this is true. Although it's nice CS is here attempting to answer requests... your first choice for order info should be from your dealer.

Get notified of new replies

To Has the Customer Service Thread Fizzled?

Quick Reply: Has the Customer Service Thread Fizzled?