TKO Performance
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 279 Likes on 222 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Old 08-02-2014, 11:21 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

What keeps the pieces behind the seat in place please, as that is almost a vertical surface?

Thanks.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:34 PM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by elegant
What keeps the pieces behind the seat in place please, as that is almost a vertical surface?

Thanks.
The pieces behind the seat are firm. So they easily stand up. Plus there is a bit of a slant and the foam grabs like Velcro.
Hope that helps
Old 08-18-2014, 08:57 AM
TKO Performance

A few left in stock.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Rad22
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Today, I finally got around to installing these sound deadening pads the way I wanted them. The lay-in mat for the cargo area has been in the car for sometime, underneath my aftermarket “Stingray” mat from GM. It helped some, but not a lot.

I initially placed the pads for the rear bulkhead behind the seats when I first received them, on top of the carpet. Unfortunately, when they were in place, they activated the seat motion contact sensors and limited my seat motion enough that legroom was inadequate. I removed them and put them away to wait until I had time to deal with the issue.

Today, I ran both seats forward, pulled up the carpet behind the seats and disconnected the contact sensors. I then slipped the sound deadening pads underneath the carpet that covers the rear bulkheads so they are in direct contact with the metal and ran both of my seats back as far as they would go without burning out the motors or bending the seat frames. I had plenty of legroom (perhaps even more than before) and went on a drive.

Without sounding overly gushy, the results are nothing short of amazing in my judgment. The car is so much quieter and more enjoyable in every way from that perspective. The mechanical noises from shift linkage and the transmission/clutch, the noises from expansion joints/potholes/pavement patches, etc as well as the constant drumming/roar of the tires on concrete pavement surfaces has markedly improved. Exhaust note is still very pleasing and overall, a 100% improvement.

My theory for why these have worked so well in this situation is that these pads are now in direct contact with the metal bulkhead behind the seat, absorbing any vibrations from that surface, as opposed to lying on top of the carpet and possibly allowing the metal bulkhead to continue to vibrate somewhat with resultant noise production. Being held in place by the seats in contact with the carpet probably also reduces vibration and noise transmission through this metal bulkhead.

For those who may not be aware, the only thing between you and the metal bulkhead behind your seats is a very thin layer of rigid carpet and some flimsy strips of foam adhering to the back of the carpet. Behind the bulkhead, there is nothing but the undersurface of the car. There is essentially no sound insulation there whatsoever from the factory.

For my purposes, a super buy…solving, however, something that should've been provided from the factory in my opinion.

Thank you, TKO!
Old 10-08-2014, 12:30 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,296 Likes on 13,969 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Looks like a pretty product.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:53 AM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Looks like a pretty product.

Originally Posted by Rad22
Today, I finally got around to installing these sound deadening pads the way I wanted them. The lay-in mat for the cargo area has been in the car for sometime, underneath my aftermarket “Stingray” mat from GM. It helped some, but not a lot.

I initially placed the pads for the rear bulkhead behind the seats when I first received them, on top of the carpet. Unfortunately, when they were in place, they activated the seat motion contact sensors and limited my seat motion enough that legroom was inadequate. I removed them and put them away to wait until I had time to deal with the issue.

Today, I ran both seats forward, pulled up the carpet behind the seats and disconnected the contact sensors. I then slipped the sound deadening pads underneath the carpet that covers the rear bulkheads so they are in direct contact with the metal and ran both of my seats back as far as they would go without burning out the motors or bending the seat frames. I had plenty of legroom (perhaps even more than before) and went on a drive.

Without sounding overly gushy, the results are nothing short of amazing in my judgment. The car is so much quieter and more enjoyable in every way from that perspective. The mechanical noises from shift linkage and the transmission/clutch, the noises from expansion joints/potholes/pavement patches, etc as well as the constant drumming/roar of the tires on concrete pavement surfaces has markedly improved. Exhaust note is still very pleasing and overall, a 100% improvement.

My theory for why these have worked so well in this situation is that these pads are now in direct contact with the metal bulkhead behind the seat, absorbing any vibrations from that surface, as opposed to lying on top of the carpet and possibly allowing the metal bulkhead to continue to vibrate somewhat with resultant noise production. Being held in place by the seats in contact with the carpet probably also reduces vibration and noise transmission through this metal bulkhead.

For those who may not be aware, the only thing between you and the metal bulkhead behind your seats is a very thin layer of rigid carpet and some flimsy strips of foam adhering to the back of the carpet. Behind the bulkhead, there is nothing but the undersurface of the car. There is essentially no sound insulation there whatsoever from the factory.

For my purposes, a super buy…solving, however, something that should've been provided from the factory in my opinion.

Thank you, TKO!

Outstanding. I love hearing about what your not.
Thank you for the positive feedback, the kind words and the time to post it! Much appreciated!

The pleasure was ours!
Ed
Old 10-13-2014, 11:33 AM
TKO Performance

We have a few in stock ready to ship.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:31 PM
TKO Performance

In Stock ready for immediate shipping!
Old 12-04-2014, 09:54 PM
doopoco
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you, TKO!
I installed as per your suggestion behind the carpet and against the wheel well. I am happy with the result too. On rough pavement we can actually have a conversation without yelling. Stereo sounds great but we can still hear and feel that awesome exhaust!

Thanks TKO
Old 12-04-2014, 10:55 PM
pkadams
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Convertable

Originally Posted by TKO Performance
Do you have a version of this product that is designed for a C7 Convertable?
Old 12-05-2014, 06:01 AM
paulsfarm
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, TKO!
I had the same problem, I lost too much leg room. Any pics to share. I need to do this same install.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:51 AM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by doopoco
I installed as per your suggestion behind the carpet and against the wheel well. I am happy with the result too. On rough pavement we can actually have a conversation without yelling. Stereo sounds great but we can still hear and feel that awesome exhaust!

Thanks TKO
Awesome!

Your welcome
Ed

Originally Posted by pkadams
Do you have a version of this product that is designed for a C7 Convertable?

Sorry, not yet. I did not think the C7 vert would be noisy. However we are getting people complaining. We will be looking into it.

Thank you

Ed
Old 12-08-2014, 03:32 PM
TKO Performance

Due in shortly. Shipping out this week!
Definitely make it in time for under the tree!

Serving The Corvette Forum For 21 Years!!

Allow us to add you to the list of extremely satisfied customers.
Order Securely Online 24/7: http://tkoperformance.com/index.html
Feel Free To Contact Us By Phone: 1800 -778- 9898 Monday- Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm

Click Here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TKO-Pe...e/367433626633
Old 12-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Len44
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 121 Likes on 72 Posts

Another request for a vert package. Let's get it rolling!
Old 12-09-2014, 09:45 AM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by Len44
Another request for a vert package. Let's get it rolling!
Will do

Ed
Old 12-12-2014, 10:38 AM
TKO Performance

Blockits are in. Going super fast!. This is it until Mid January.

How About Blockit Sound Deadening Mats And A Lloyds Cargo Mat Deal!- Buy both at the same time and not only get the Blockit sale price but free shipping on the Lloyds Mat!

Check It Out Here:http://store.tkoperformance.com/llcamatblsod.html

Get notified of new replies

To New From TKO-C7 Blockit Lay In Sound Deadening System - Installs In Seconds

Old 01-14-2015, 11:00 AM
TKO Performance

Thank you for your orders! We are recuperating from the Holiday rush. We have another run of Blockits being made. They will be ready next week!

We are taking orders at the sale price now. Call in 1800 778 9898
or Order online! – http://store.tkoperformance.com/20c7blsodesy.html

Feel free to call if you have any questions.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:50 PM
TKO Performance

Looks good to start shipping Tuesday! Thank you for your orders.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:43 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

How about a convertible package with just the pads for behind the seats?

Quick Reply: New From TKO-C7 Blockit Lay In Sound Deadening System - Installs In Seconds