Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 11:53 AM
TKO Performance
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 279 Likes on 222 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Order will be shipping tomorrow!

Originally Posted by John Ulrich
How about a convertible package with just the pads for behind the seats?
Full kit in the works..

Ed
Old 01-24-2015, 04:39 PM
TKO Performance

All order shipped! Blew out pretty quick, only a few left.
Always feel free to contact us with any questions! Thank you all! Your business is much appreciated.

Ed
Old 01-24-2015, 05:43 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by TKO Performance
Full convertible kit in the works..
Ed
Hi Ed,
In regards to a convertible kit. I'd only want the pads for behind the seats. I would not want to lose any "head room" in the trunk, the luggage is already pushing against the deck lid.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:16 PM
CaryKen
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

How About Blockit Sound Deadening Mats And A Lloyds Cargo Mat Deal!- Buy both at the same time and not only get the Blockit sale price but free shipping on the Lloyds Mat!

Check It Out Here:http://store.tkoperformance.com/llcamatblsod.html
Ed, I have some questions about the Lloyd's mat portion of this combo. Which material version does this include? They have several different material types listed on their site and your combo page doesn't specify which one you are bundling.

Your selector for logo type doesn't include an option for logo-free. Is that available if you don't want an applique back there?

One final question about recommended assembly if you go with the carpet-Blockit-Lloyd sandwich... Do you recommend any kind of adhesive or velcro between the layers, or will everything stay in place simply laid on top of each other?

Thanks much,
--Ken
Old 01-28-2015, 12:34 AM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by CaryKen
Ed, I have some questions about the Lloyd's mat portion of this combo. Which material version does this include? They have several different material types listed on their site and your combo page doesn't specify which one you are bundling.

Your selector for logo type doesn't include an option for logo-free. Is that available if you don't want an applique back there?

One final question about recommended assembly if you go with the carpet-Blockit-Lloyd sandwich... Do you recommend any kind of adhesive or velcro between the layers, or will everything stay in place simply laid on top of each other?

Thanks much,
--Ken
Ken,
The Lloyds mat is the Ultimat.

I'm not sure why the "no logo" option was left out. However if you were interested in the Lloyds mat with no logo, Call us and we can personally take the order.

No adhesives, nothing has to be done. Just lay the Blockit down and then the Lloyds mat right on top. They are both pre cut so it looks real nice. I hope that helps
Old 02-26-2015, 12:33 PM
TKO Performance

In stock & shipping
Old 02-27-2015, 10:59 AM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by John Ulrich
Hi Ed,
In regards to a convertible kit. I'd only want the pads for behind the seats. I would not want to lose any "head room" in the trunk, the luggage is already pushing against the deck lid.
John
Sorry, I missed this one..
I hear ya. The mat is approx. 1" (which for effectiveness is a good thing) It easily compresses to 1/8" so I'm not sure how much worse that is for you with your luggage.
Each kit is cut in 3 pieces (Large rear mat and the 2 behind the seats) so I guess in your case you would have the option to use the rear trunk mat when applicable.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:17 PM
TKO Performance

*Unfortunately the container which had the C7 Blockit's in it, was damaged (water).
We have already put in for another run. We will have these new mats asap.
Also because of the severe weather conditions, orders that did ship out might be delayed a day or two.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

God I hate Winter...
Old 03-17-2015, 06:20 PM
TKO Performance

Thank you for the orders.
We are getting them out as fast as possible. They should be knocking on your door any day now!
Old 03-19-2015, 02:48 AM
Hdhuntr01
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just placed my order!!!
Old 03-19-2015, 10:10 AM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by Hdhuntr01
Just placed my order!!!
Thank you
Old 03-27-2015, 08:26 PM
Hdhuntr01
Instructor

When should current orders be shipped out?

Thanks
Old 03-30-2015, 08:52 AM
chipsvette06
Instructor

Quiet Down Your C7’s Interior In Seconds!
The pre- cut BLOCKIT simply lies right over your existing carpet
RIGHT NOW ON SALE!

IF you’re looking to take the edge off some irritating noises that still leaks into the C7's cabin, check out the BLOCKIT.

The 3 piece BLOCKIT system is a unique multi layered combination of real acoustical soundproofing. It absorbs and suppresses unpleasant sounds.
Its 1" thick! (But it can easily be compressed for any aftermarket cargo trays..etc, )

It’s perfect for taking that annoying edge off tire/ road noise (this applies especially to those that live in certain states where the roads make the tires whine) & some aftermarket exhausts. Makes a nice noticeable difference.

NO need to rip out your carpet & interior! The precision pre cut BLOCKIT sound deadening system lies right over your carpet.
One mat for behind each seat. One mat of the cargo area. We also have the cut outs for the cargo hoops.
The durable UV protected top layer looks great and allows you to still use your cargo area. Feel free to place an aftermarket cargo mat on top!
Made in the USA!

* Reduce Interior Noise In Seconds
* Takes The Edge Off Tire/Road Noise & Some Aftermarket Exhausts.
* No Ripping Up Your Carpet/Interior
* Pre - Cut & Lays Right Over Your Factory Carpet
* The Blockit is a 3 Piece System - (1 piece for behind each seat. 1 large piece for the cargo area/trunk for the convertible).
* The Blockit uses 4 layers of REAL acoustical material. (This is NOT a simple foam layer with foil!)
* The top black vinyl layer is UV protected. Looks great & its durable so you can still use your cargo & truck area.
* The C7 Blockit has custom "cut outs" for the coupes cargo hooks!
* All materials are from the USA. Not overseas. (this is important)
* All materials meet and or exceed the Auto industries standards! (also important)
* The product is made in the USA (more important)
* Manufactured under ISO 9001-2008 standards!
* The Blockit also acts as a heat barrier. It helps prevent some heat that comes up through the cargo area.

Get It Now At A Forum Special Price!
Check it out & securely order 24/7 online:http://store.tkoperformance.com/20c7blsodesy.html

How About Blockit Sound Deadening Mats And A Lloyds Cargo Mat Deal!- Buy both at the same time and not only get the Blockit sale price but free shipping on the Lloyds Mat!

Check It Out Here:http://store.tkoperformance.com/llcamatblsod.html

Feel free to call 1800 778 9898 Mon-Fri 9-4:30 est.

Thank you checking our post out!
Did you ever do one for the convertible?
Old 03-30-2015, 04:20 PM
Bavaria
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Rad22
Today, I finally got around to installing these sound deadening pads the way I wanted them. The lay-in mat for the cargo area has been in the car for sometime, underneath my aftermarket “Stingray” mat from GM. It helped some, but not a lot.

I initially placed the pads for the rear bulkhead behind the seats when I first received them, on top of the carpet. Unfortunately, when they were in place, they activated the seat motion contact sensors and limited my seat motion enough that legroom was inadequate. I removed them and put them away to wait until I had time to deal with the issue.

Today, I ran both seats forward, pulled up the carpet behind the seats and disconnected the contact sensors. I then slipped the sound deadening pads underneath the carpet that covers the rear bulkheads so they are in direct contact with the metal and ran both of my seats back as far as they would go without burning out the motors or bending the seat frames. I had plenty of legroom (perhaps even more than before) and went on a drive.

Without sounding overly gushy, the results are nothing short of amazing in my judgment. The car is so much quieter and more enjoyable in every way from that perspective. The mechanical noises from shift linkage and the transmission/clutch, the noises from expansion joints/potholes/pavement patches, etc as well as the constant drumming/roar of the tires on concrete pavement surfaces has markedly improved. Exhaust note is still very pleasing and overall, a 100% improvement.

My theory for why these have worked so well in this situation is that these pads are now in direct contact with the metal bulkhead behind the seat, absorbing any vibrations from that surface, as opposed to lying on top of the carpet and possibly allowing the metal bulkhead to continue to vibrate somewhat with resultant noise production. Being held in place by the seats in contact with the carpet probably also reduces vibration and noise transmission through this metal bulkhead.

For those who may not be aware, the only thing between you and the metal bulkhead behind your seats is a very thin layer of rigid carpet and some flimsy strips of foam adhering to the back of the carpet. Behind the bulkhead, there is nothing but the undersurface of the car. There is essentially no sound insulation there whatsoever from the factory.

For my purposes, a super buy…solving, however, something that should've been provided from the factory in my opinion.

Thank you, TKO!
Rad22,

I just ordered the product. After reading your post, I want to do the same procedure as you. My question - does the carpet behind the seats pull up easily, or will I need a tool(s) to accomplish this? Great writeup - thank you.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:45 PM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by Bavaria
Rad22,

I just ordered the product. After reading your post, I want to do the same procedure as you. My question - does the carpet behind the seats pull up easily, or will I need a tool(s) to accomplish this? Great writeup - thank you.
Bavaria & Rad22

Unlike the C6 the C7 has sensors under the carpet behind the seats.
These sensors prevent the seat from going to far back & grinding into the carpet (possibly cracking the back of the seat). Typically by placing the pad behind the seat it just stops the seat from going back an inch or two. However we don't know if you place the pad right against the sensor, if it will prevent the sensor from reading properly.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:53 PM
Bavaria
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 93 Posts

Bavaria & Rad22

Unlike the C6 the C7 has sensors under the carpet behind the seats.
These sensors prevent the seat from going to far back & grinding into the carpet (possibly cracking the back of the seat). Typically by placing the pad behind the seat it just stops the seat from going back an inch or two. However we don't know if you place the pad right against the sensor, if it will prevent the sensor from reading properly.

Appreciate the response, however, my question essentially had to do with the difficulty, or lack thereof, of pulling up the carpet behind the seats. My intention is, like Rad22, to install the insulation under the carpet if it's not prohibitively difficult.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:54 PM
Hdhuntr01
Instructor

Why was my order cancelled yesterday and the amount refunded to my credit card? No phone call or email from your company what so ever. I just happened to see my credit card statement and noticed that the amount has been refunded from your company. What's up with that???

Get notified of new replies

To New From TKO-C7 Blockit Lay In Sound Deadening System - Installs In Seconds

Old 03-30-2015, 08:10 PM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by Hdhuntr01
Why was my order cancelled yesterday and the amount refunded to my credit card? No phone call or email from your company what so ever. I just happened to see my credit card statement and noticed that the amount has been refunded from your company. What's up with that???
I would need an order number or at least your name to look anything up. There's no info in your profile here either.
However it sounds like your order was not cancelled.
Because it did not ship yet, your card was never ran.
What you seen was the temp hold visa/master puts on your card (a quick check they do on their own to make sure the money is there) Since we are not shipping just yet, We did not charge your card & take any money.
Feel free to pm us or call tomorrow and we can go over your order.

Thank you.

Last edited by TKO Performance; 03-30-2015 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:12 PM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by Bavaria
Appreciate the response, however, my question essentially had to do with the difficulty, or lack thereof, of pulling up the carpet behind the seats. My intention is, like Rad22, to install the insulation under the carpet if it's not prohibitively difficult.
I hear ya but my point was that it might not be a good idea to put those mats under the carpet regardless of the ease of picking up the carpet. Because you would be placing the mat directly on the sensor which could prohibit the sensor from reading the seats position properly.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:36 PM
TKO Performance

Originally Posted by chipsvette06
Did you ever do one for the convertible?
Yes we did. It should be released in 1-2 weeks.

Quick Reply: New From TKO-C7 Blockit Lay In Sound Deadening System - Installs In Seconds