C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the Vette? NORMAL things the Vette does.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 12:48 PM
janicept
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Knobbie;1588256960]What is it with women slamming doors? I told my wife if you slam the door the glass inside will shatter. Now when she takes the Nolan Ryan windup, I just yell DOOR!!!! Never fails.

My husband does that too. I think it has more to do with the fact that he's use to closing his truck door hard so he doesn't treat the car different. I close the door with the proper intensity since I drive it everyday.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:11 PM
mikez06
Burning Brakes

Received 171 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by LIE2ME
Oh, how I miss that little mechanized hand that reaches up out of the C6 trunk and pulls the lid down...
I miss that as well!

Tire clunk sure is unnerving, these are some pretty stiff tires.
~juli
Old 01-10-2015, 01:25 PM
vette27513
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Easy to close

Originally Posted by Larry/car
Yes a good push latches the trunk lid without fingerprints. Not really a slam, you will discover the correct method.
I noticed if I leave one of the passenger doors open and the trunk lid will close easily with just it's own weight...no SLAMMING needed. Must be the pressure in the cabin when the doors are closed.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:02 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,920 Likes on 4,806 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi6998
Excellent post for prior owners of a C6. Nice Job!
Old 01-10-2015, 03:13 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,558 Likes on 1,640 Posts

Originally Posted by vette27513
I noticed if I leave one of the passenger doors open and the trunk lid will close easily with just it's own weight...no SLAMMING needed. Must be the pressure in the cabin when the doors are closed.
That's exactly what it is...
Old 01-10-2015, 03:45 PM
grandpawmoses
Race Director

Received 95 Likes on 41 Posts

Sometimes when I stop for gas and get back on the interstate I'll notice that my knee had hit the trunk button (vert) and the "trunk open" light is on.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:51 PM
bapd77
Safety Car

Received 418 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen e
...but you might think you have a "broken" car. A few things on the car are normal, but the sales guy did not tell you. If you feel or see the following, they are NORMAL and part of the C7 experience. Many other threads here on WHY it is this way, this is just a list:

1.Tires/front end chatter/clunk on full lock slow turns
2.Water drips from car after shutoff (small amts, no oilyness, just water)
3.The motor top makes clicking noises when running/idling (direct injectors)
4.The motor will turn a few revs before lighting up on start ( engine pressurizing fuel system)
5. Oil may read different levels on either side of dipstick. Rotate it once before reading, or take the average of both sides.
6. The trunk will be hard to close when new, many report it gets better with mileage, some do not.
7. when filling up with fuel or unlocking the driver door, you will hear a few clicks near the fuel door, more than one...
8. the indentation in the Styrofoam battery cover is not missing anything, it's for a euro tow eye bolt that is not supplied on US cars, no inflator either in US cars.
9. Upon full acceleration of a automatic, when shifting, it will backfire "bark", due to computer settings/ unburned fuel.

Please feel free to add others to this thread, I will keep the list up to date... John & Steve - can we sticky this?
I love the "bark" when my A8 shifts, sounds awesome to me!
Old 01-29-2015, 12:18 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 907 Likes on 473 Posts
Tech Contributor

Bump for new owners
Old 01-29-2015, 01:24 PM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by LIE2ME
That's exactly what it is...
But the C7 is supposed to utilize "memory metal" where a metal wire is supplied power constricting it. This opens a vent to allow the trunk to close. It replaced the power pull-down hatch from the C6. Only thing is, it doesn't work.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:39 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

That's for sure it doesn't work! I can't imagine they continue to promote this 'new technology' when it's obviously not doing the job on this application. Many posts/threads from owners confirm this. How about the lack of heat from the seat heaters many are reporting? That's another NORMAL part of the C7 experience. Ditto for the trunk button-another poor placement/design. Previous owners of C5/C6's like myself find these things a bit frustrating-probably moreso than for first time owners who don't have the ability to compare.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:34 PM
golfnutintib
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After driving, to get out of the car, I find I need to click the 'door open' push-button twice to open the door. There is a sort of unlatching sound on the first click -- but the door still cannot open. Need to click it a second time to fully unlatch the door to open it... is this normal??
Old 01-29-2015, 07:30 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,067 Likes on 591 Posts

SUV's and pickups are magically attracted to driving as close to your rear end as possible!
Old 01-29-2015, 09:08 PM
cmdrwill
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...but you might think you have a "broken" car. A few things on the car are normal, but the sales guy did not tell you. If you feel or see the following, they are NORMAL and part of the C7 experience. Many other threads here on WHY it is this way, this is just a list:

4.The motor will turn a few revs before lighting up on start ( engine pressurizing fuel system)
5. Oil may read different levels on either side of dipstick. Rotate it once before reading, or take the average of both sides.
6. The trunk will be hard to close when new, many report it gets better with mileage, some do not.
7. when filling up with fuel or unlocking the driver door, you will hear a few clicks near the fuel door, more than one...
8. the indentation in the Styrofoam battery cover is not missing anything, it's for a euro tow eye bolt that is not supplied on US cars, no inflator either in US cars.
9. Upon full acceleration of a automatic, when shifting, it will backfire "bark", due to computer settings/ unburned fuel.

Please feel free to add others to this thread, I will keep the list up to date... John & Steve - can we sticky this?

I have seen and heard the back fire on the autos. It is a very cool sound. It makes a sweet pop noise between gears.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:12 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,558 Likes on 1,640 Posts

Okay,

Here's a new one. If you own a convertible, the top will make a "click, click" sound from either side when you raise or lower it. I have heard the same sound now on three different C7 convertible tops...
Old 01-29-2015, 10:26 PM
NASTYC7
Drifting

Received 433 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by vette27513
Where did you get a 4 door Corvette?? Got any pics...LOL
Old 01-29-2015, 10:41 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by NASTYC7
Where did you get a 4 door Corvette?? Got any pics...LOL
Kinda wondering the same thing.
Old 01-29-2015, 10:43 PM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by golfnutintib
After driving, to get out of the car, I find I need to click the 'door open' push-button twice to open the door. There is a sort of unlatching sound on the first click -- but the door still cannot open. Need to click it a second time to fully unlatch the door to open it... is this normal??
Had this problem in my C6, replaced the latching hardware. Have your dealer check it out.

Get notified of new replies

To New to the Vette? NORMAL things the Vette does.....

Old 01-30-2015, 08:48 AM
9ball1104
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bmanahan
Don't forget:
- When you pull out of the driveway the front end will scrape.
- If you wear polarized sun glasses your HUD will disappear.
- You can't use the steering wheel controls to change radio stations when any message appears on the DIC
- Most importantly, despite all these minor issue it is still the best damn car out there.

On #8 closing the hatch. I have had mine since late September and it is not getting better, people just learn to close it harder.
I dId wear polarized sunglasses and the HUD did not disappear. Others have also said it does not disappear.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:57 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,357 Likes on 785 Posts

Originally Posted by bmanahan
Don't forget:
- When you pull out of the driveway the front end will scrape. mine doesn't
- If you wear polarized sun glasses your HUD will disappear.mine doesn't
- You can't use the steering wheel controls to change radio stations when any message appears on the DIC Can't you scroll through FAV^? I use this for skipping MP3's; I would guess it works with the radio
- Most importantly, despite all these minor issue it is still the best damn car out there.Hell yeah

On #8 closing the hatch. I have had mine since late September and it is not getting better, people just learn to close it harder.I just leave the door open. I don't like slamming it.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:02 AM
Bunk
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Thank you for sharing experience

Yah, the salesman did not give much in the way of what to look out for. It has taken alot of time to get myself educated about this car, even though I read for a year before buying one. Thank you, Glen e.

Quick Reply: New to the Vette? NORMAL things the Vette does.....