Sponsored by:

Problem Getting Z51 Spoiler Installed on my Stingray Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 07:39 PM
firehawk44
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Problem Getting Z51 Spoiler Installed on my Stingray Convertible

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get my Z51 Spoiler I purchased from CorvetteMods a couple of months ago installed. I live in the Northern Virginia area. The dealership where I bought this Vette and my previous Vette tells me they will do it but they don't have time right now. Too busy. They want me to call my Service Manager everyday to see if the person who can install it has the time. I tried that method for a couple of weeks and I'm not going to spend my life calling my service manager every day. They also have a Body Shop and I tried to see if they would install it but they said they are "too busy". They also had no idea how to install it and I had to provide a copy of the directions (with pictures) (I was speaking to an adjustor so he probably doesn't have the expertise). It's a genuine GM part and already painted Crystal Red. Are there any local body shops that anyone has used and recommend? If not, I guess I will just have to go from body shop to body shop locally until I find someone who will install it. Perhaps if I had bought it through the dealership my spoiler would have been installed by now? Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim
Old 07-29-2014, 07:52 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

It sounds like they just don't want to do it. It seems unlikely that they couldn't put you on the schedule. If that's the case, I don't think I would trust them to do the job.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:59 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 935 Likes on 489 Posts
Tech Contributor

Find a good body shop....it's a simple install....2 hours or less labor.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:10 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,579 Likes on 1,646 Posts

A dealer in Charlotte told me the GM labor book says one hour total labor time...Interesting...
Old 07-29-2014, 08:50 PM
firehawk44
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by -CM-
It sounds like they just don't want to do it. It seems unlikely that they couldn't put you on the schedule. If that's the case, I don't think I would trust them to do the job.
I was hoping they would put me on a schedule even if it was a month away but they said they couldn't do that and I would have to wait until the Corvette tech was free.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:54 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by firehawk44
I was hoping they would put me on a schedule even if it was a month away but they said they couldn't do that and I would have to wait until the Corvette tech was free.
What dealership?
Old 07-29-2014, 09:09 PM
trumanjd1
Burning Brakes

Received 208 Likes on 157 Posts
Default No customer loyalty..?

Originally Posted by firehawk44
Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get my Z51 Spoiler I purchased from CorvetteMods a couple of months ago installed. I live in the Northern Virginia area. The dealership where I bought this Vette and my previous Vette tells me they will do it but they don't have time right now. Too busy. They want me to call my Service Manager everyday to see if the person who can install it has the time. I tried that method for a couple of weeks and I'm not going to spend my life calling my service manager every day. They also have a Body Shop and I tried to see if they would install it but they said they are "too busy". They also had no idea how to install it and I had to provide a copy of the directions (with pictures) (I was speaking to an adjustor so he probably doesn't have the expertise). It's a genuine GM part and already painted Crystal Red. Are there any local body shops that anyone has used and recommend? If not, I guess I will just have to go from body shop to body shop locally until I find someone who will install it. Perhaps if I had bought it through the dealership my spoiler would have been installed by now? Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim
Not that it helps you now...but for future purchases of any Chevy...take your business ELSEWHERE...and be sure to tell your salesperson why!!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:10 PM
beachcomber
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

The 'book' says 1.6 hours. Dealer is charging me $150 for the install.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:50 PM
PARANORMAL
SUPPORT AUTISM
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10, '14

Try to hook up with another forum member to give you a hand and do it yourself.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-t...r-removal.html

Get notified of new replies

To Problem Getting Z51 Spoiler Installed on my Stingray Convertible

Quick Reply: Problem Getting Z51 Spoiler Installed on my Stingray Convertible