Aero kit dilemmas? Carbon Flash against Carbon Fiber PICS

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 09:08 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Aero kit dilemmas? Carbon Flash against Carbon Fiber PICS

I get the question a lot from you guys as to whether you should order the Carbon Flash or the Carbon Fiber to adorn your beastly Stingrays?! It's a great question really, but mostly comes down to personal preference. I know there is the argument that if you hit something, you could just repair and repaint the damaged part. You could do this with the Carbon Fiber one as well and you'd already have the paint to match the sides. For me this has never been a problem though. I put clear paint protection over the clear coat on my Carbon Fiber parts to keep rock chips off them. Whether it's clear coated paint, or Carbon Fiber, it can be damaged. I also back into all parking spots and am overly careful with my vehicles. There's always the chance of road debris but in that case, it could damage your bumper too.

Carbon Flash has been around on GM cars for a number of years by many names. I'm SO happy they finally quit putting that cheap gray looking ABS plastic accents on their cars. Those had plagued many of high class models including my beloved CTS Vs . GM already recognized that the Carbon Fiber looked great with the Carbon Flash as they're very complimentary by nature as they offer the exposed Carbon Fiber roof from the factory. Carbon Fiber looks very black, like Carbon Flash from a distance, but up close you get to see the detail of the Carbon Fiber weave. So, either way you're going to love how it brings your Stingray to life!

weapon7 aero products: https://weaponx-c7.myshopify.com/col...s/aero-couture

Old 07-31-2014, 09:13 PM
AbsolutHank
Melting Slicks

Received 295 Likes on 90 Posts

Which wheels are these Ben?
Old 07-31-2014, 09:17 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Those are actually COR wheels. He ordered new wheels from me, so if you're interested, I can get you a great deal on these with tires. Probably only a couple thousand miles on them.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:26 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

All that Carbon Fiber is making me salivate.

Get notified of new replies

To Aero kit dilemmas? Carbon Flash against Carbon Fiber PICS

Quick Reply: Aero kit dilemmas? Carbon Flash against Carbon Fiber PICS