**WARNING** Graphic and Disturbing Images

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 05:41 PM
01VETTECOP
Safety Car

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran
update from renee:

I submit the post with appropriate capital letters, most of which are changed to lower case when I submit the post.
Cool, glad to hear it.
Old 08-06-2014, 05:42 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by need4speedmotors
Some one had to really **** someone off to do this, something like this has to have motive.
Why do you think that? People are murdered by the hundreds with NO motive. Jeez, some of you guys really need to stop watching cop shows.

Jimmy
Old 08-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by jimmyb
And if this is a random act by some kids? There are NOT always 3 sides to every story.

But, we all know the motto of C7 General:

READY, FIRE, AIM

Jimmy
I don't know the owner at all. I know nothing about what actually happened to the car. I'm not suggesting anything, but there are many other possible sides to this story. For example, ever hear of insurance fraud? There are a number of very different stories about what happened, any of which could be true at this point. None of us knows what happened, but there sure is a lot of speculation and assuming going on. A lot of people could be shocked when the truth, whatever it turns out to be, comes out.

You can go on assuming you know things nobody else does and badmouth others here based on that. I'll wait until we actually know something besides what's in the photos.

Last edited by Steve_R; 08-06-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:02 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Originally Posted by Steve_R
I don't know the owner at all. I know nothing about what actually happened to the car. I'm not suggesting anything, but there are many other possible sides to this story. For example, ever hear of insurance fraud? There are a number of very different stories about what happened, any of which could be true at this point. None of us knows what happened, but there sure is a lot of speculation and assuming going on. A lot of people could be shocked when the truth, whatever it turns out to be, comes out.

You can go on assuming you know things nobody else does and badmouth others here based on that. I'll wait until we actually know something besides what's in the photos.
Where did I bad mouth?
Where did I say (or imply) that I knew anymore than that her car was vandalized. What I KNOW is that it's amazingly hurtful and mean spirited to toss around character questions about the victim when NO ONE KNOWS anything.

And now, you throw "insurance fraud" as yet another possibility, to go along with jilted lovers, ex-husbands, people mad about parking over the line that others have offered as "motive".

Or maybe...it's just some kids being nasty???? Why bring up all these other "possibilities" when you know they are going to be hurtful to the victim???? Implied impropriety has a way of becoming fact in many peoples minds.

If what has been postured about the victim in this was YOUR wife/girlfriend/sister, how would you like it?

Unbelievable.

Jimmy

Last edited by jimmyb; 08-06-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Unbelievable? We know next to nothing about what happened. In fact, here's what we do know:

A C7 had paint stripper put on it.
A person who knows the owner says she's a "nice" person.
A crime might have been committed.

There, that's it. Beyond those three things we know nothing. I'm not speculating about what happened, nor did I accuse the owner of insurance fraud, I simply used that as one possible example of what could have happened. It's a long list. I'm not accusing the owner of anything, just agreeing with the previous moderator's post that we don't know the whole story; not even close.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:23 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Unbelievable? We know next to nothing about what happened. In fact, here's what we do know:

A C7 had paint stripper put on it.
A person who knows the owner says she's a "nice" person.
A crime might have been committed.

There, that's it. Beyond those three things we know nothing. I'm not speculating about what happened, nor did I accuse the owner of insurance fraud, I simply used that as one possible example of what could have happened. It's a long list. I'm not accusing the owner of anything, just agreeing with the previous moderator's post that we don't know the whole story; not even close.
Actually, a crime WAS committed.....vandalism.
So, since we don't know the story, how about we assume the victim is as clueless as to why this happened as the rest of us instead of "maybe this, possibly that" which shines a bad light on her. Surely you can see the harm in the implications that have gone on in this thread????

Jimmy
Old 08-06-2014, 06:54 PM
zare191
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

So, since we don't know the story, how about we assume the victim is as clueless as to why this happened as the rest of us instead of "maybe this, possibly that" which shines a bad light on her. Surely you can see the harm in the implications that have gone on in this thread????

Jimmy

We know 2 things for sure:
1. A beautiful C7 was vandalized
2. Whoever did it should no longer be breathing
Old 08-06-2014, 09:50 PM
proexpert
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 237 Posts

This thread is almost as sad as the topic. I assume you guys don't like each other.
Old 08-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Carnut12
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by CGZO6
Wheels were dirty anyway.
Lol. That is why I will never own black wheels again, those look almost like rust color, hideous, exactly how mine used to look about 2-3 days after cleaning them.

She pissed someone off, I am not buying this was done randomly.

Still sorry to see it, no one should have this happen to them.

Last edited by Carnut12; 08-06-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Carnut12
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CARTOON
Ok, I read through the whole thread (most of the same responses, so I should have just skipped to the end page), but wanted to say a couple of things.

First of all, what happened to her car sucks. Any car guy/gal would agree and I really hope they catch who did this, but... I think some of you are missing something. There are a few of you posting that you personally know this woman and mentioning how nice of a person she is. Ok, thats cool and all, but just becasue you're a nice person doesnt mean she cant have an ex that she did totally wrong, maybe cheated on him or even vandalized something of his? Who knows what transpired to cause this act. Maybe she is nice around her friends, but treats men like sh*t? All Im saying is, we go by the fact that some are claiming to know her and that she is a nice person. Who cares.

Secondly, parking like a douche in two spots will get your car messed with. Its just how it works sometimes. Like someone mentioned, the car DOES look to be parked diagonally and WAS NOT moved to take the pics. You can clearly see that in the pics. Where the stripper was poured it dripped to the ground, so someone isnt being 100% honest with us. So that leads me to believe that maybe said owner isnt as "nice" as some claim her to be.

Again, I hope they catch whoever did this, but something doesnt seem right about this whole thing, IMO. Just sayin'.
Agreed

Sucks either way, but this is not a random act.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Jimmy
Until the investigation results are in we don't even know that a crime was committed. You're assuming again.

And with that I'll exit this thread so others can argue how "righter" they are based on assumptions, supposition and zero facts.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Carnut12
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jagamajajaran
UPDATE FROM RENEE:

My car will be fixed and will look like new when I get her back. Meanwhile, we are moving to a safer residence with garage!!!!
That's Great News!!!

The paint might actually look better after all is said and done. I am surprised it didn't eat into the panels.

Sounds like she is taking it pretty well, I don't think I would be able to do so. Good for her
Old 08-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Flash1
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AustinVettes
If you are being serious, then that's a good sign that you are not responsible enough to carry.
Seems to me Texas is the state that allows one to use deadly force
to protect personal property. Several years ago a guy reposesing
a car at night was shot and killed by the owner of the car -- No
charges were filed.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:28 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Until the investigation results are in we don't even know that a crime was committed. You're assuming again.

And with that I'll exit this thread so others can argue how "righter" they are based on assumptions, supposition and zero facts.
The ONLY thing I am right about (and have said in EVERY post) is that the supposition or implication that the owner MAY have had some hand in this, through indirect or direct action, is WAY OUT OF LINE. And I still ask how all of you guys would have felt were you in her shoes?

One thing I do know....we will sure as HELL never hear the resolution (if they catch who did this) from the victim, based on this thread and some of these replies, she will never show up here again, and I don't blame her.

Jimmy

Last edited by jimmyb; 08-07-2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:59 AM
visegrip
Advanced

yep! Gotta laugh at all the wannabe CSI guys here, "this is not a random act" they say, it's too personal.

Hey , pick up a newspaper or search on the internet, random acts of vicious vandalism occur all the time.

The ONLY thing I am right about (and have said in EVERY post) is that the supposition or implication that the owner MAY have had some hand in this, through indirect or direct action, is WAY OUT OF LINE. And I still ask how all of you guys would have felt were you in her shoes?

One thing I do know....we will sure as HELL never hear the resolution (if they catch who did this) from the victim, based on this thread and some of these replies, she will never show up here again, and I don't blame her.

Jimmy

Last edited by visegrip; 08-07-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:07 AM
stew1100
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Jimmy
Amen, some of the people on this thread think they are so smart, and they are clueless. Thanks to thier ignorance and arrogance we will never know the outcome of this situation. Just for all you know it alls, yes it is possible that it was personal, but it is also very possible it was done at random, or someone targeted a nice car because of the way it was parked. The news has been reporting on vandals spray painting cars because they do not like the way they were parked. Some cars were painted with "learn how to park %*!&hole". I have heard punks say they keyed a nice car because that "dude thinks he is cool" and they do not even know him. I don't believe in locking my car away and worring too much that something might happen to it, but for you guys who think this could not happen at random, you need to pull your heads out of your ***, and take a good hard look at reality. So to the OP, don't pay any attention some of the jerks on this thread. Get your car fixed and don't look back. That is what insurance is for.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:18 AM
visegrip
Advanced

and if anyone had any hope for our society, an internet forum telling ways to do vandalism:

http://zoklet.net/bbs/archive/index.php/f-113.html
Old 08-07-2014, 12:37 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Pissing, arguing, off topic.......

Thread Closed.

Quick Reply: **WARNING** Graphic and Disturbing Images