Sponsored by:

2015 Corvette Price Increase

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 05:08 PM
RJboo
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price Increase

GM Greed taking advantage of long time customer s. $4200 in less than a year! What's next re calls.... oh wait they have started too! Making my c6 look better all the time. Don't get me wrong it's a great new car that the engineering group has done a fantastic job on.... Best ever ( owned 8).
It's a shame the GM powers that be are putting this excessive price gouging on the very customer base that have carried the brand for years!
Some say it's not much, but it is to us that are retired and or other that certainly don't get increases like this! My 2 cents........!
Old 08-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by philip513
Dave- are 2015 prices and options available yet? I was on the Chevy site about an hour ago and asked that question. She gave me a link for 2015 info but I lost it before I conected. The next two "chatters" wouldn't/couldn't give me the link.

Thanks
http://www.kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbe...te_Information

Dave
Old 08-12-2014, 05:59 PM
trivette
Melting Slicks

Received 122 Likes on 87 Posts

With all the talk about the $1,000 across the board base price increase I didn't see any conversation about the option increases. The notable one i found was the 8 speed auto at $1,725 VS $1,350 for the '14 6 speed. I was expecting there to be a bump and am not criticizing or defending it but just surprised that it hadn't come up in the discussion earlier. (unless I happened to miss it) That makes the number a $1,375 increase for those opting for an automatic. I didn't check the other options but assume there are adjustments on most as well.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:07 PM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 502 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
Man, the price of a Z51 Vette has gone up nearly 10% in just a matter of a few months... GM must be banking on this car by now.

From what I've seen, sales don't seem high enough to justify this rapid of price increases. Makes me wonder if it's just artificial so dealers can more comfortably offer their own incentives.
So has the equipment that comes with that package...
Old 08-13-2014, 12:18 AM
HolyRoller
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RJboo
GM Greed taking advantage of long time customer s. $4200 in less than a year! What's next re calls.... oh wait they have started too! Making my c6 look better all the time. Don't get me wrong it's a great new car that the engineering group has done a fantastic job on.... Best ever ( owned 8).
It's a shame the GM powers that be are putting this excessive price gouging on the very customer base that have carried the brand for years!
Some say it's not much, but it is to us that are retired and or other that certainly don't get increases like this! My 2 cents........!
Or you could look for dealers that after the $3,200 price increase are discounting 2014 convertibles by, hmmm, $3,000. http://www.hendrickchevrolet.net/Veh...ear=&maxPrice= Tell 'em I sent you and they might even knock off the other $200.

In the end, GM doesn't set the price. The free market of willing and well-informed sellers and buyers does. If C7 prices are too high, no need to erupt in a supervolcano of righteous wrath; just don't buy one. If enough other people don't buy one, then the price comes down. Dodge I mean SRT I mean Dodge found this out the hard way, with 400-odd Gen 5 Vipers and their $110-150k stickers gathering dust in the showrooms of dealers who can't bring themselves to admit that the correct price is $20-30k less.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:16 PM
twild
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess GM is going to use the $1,000 to fix mine and the other 78,000 2006 recalls for our lights. I dont mind, too much, the increase, but i sure as heck mind poor quality and sloppy manufacturing/assemblage for Corvettes.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:27 PM
AustinVettes
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 21 Posts

It's funny that all the talk of the "entitlement culture" stops when the subject is something like Corvette pricing. Lots of people here seem to think that GM owes it to them to price the car within their budget because they've bought Corvettes in the past.

I think GM is interested in cultivating an evolving customer base that will be around decades from now to support the car. Lincoln kept catering to the same buyers, and look where that left them. A fixed customer base eventually ages out.

GM has a factory that can currently build less than 40k cars a year. (I believe the count was 36k for 2014 on the basis of VINs.) They've expanded the pool of buyers beyond the Corvette faithful. They're just doing their job as a business to maximize their profits for the cars that the factory can produce.

This isn't like the botched recalls where the profit motive was endangering lives.

Last edited by AustinVettes; 08-13-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 02:51 PM
thomaswat
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Porsche's are looking better and better.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:49 PM
Crusin
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
Absolutely--good stuff and thanks for heads-up. Stupid of GM to not have done this before, but not surprised. Hope they have another price increase mid-year (will have mine by then)
A $1K increase may not be much to you but to some its a lot, to those that are so privileged I guess means nothing. GM has such a good demand for the C7 they are taking advantage of those who where considering purchasing a 2015. You hope there is another price increase mid-year is a little asinine don't you think?

Last edited by Crusin; 08-13-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:57 PM
Crusin
Instructor

Originally Posted by ATX-C7
No increase for me...I'm in the system already

And I prefer high end wines not beer.

Wow what an elitist we are. Too each his own.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:59 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

You might want to hold out and protest for another year and see where the price is next year at this time!

Can anybody say ...."supplier pricing"?
Old 08-13-2014, 06:07 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by thomaswat
Porsche's are looking better and better.
No they're not!! Absurd reaction to a relatively small increase!! What's absurd is Porsche and their prices!!
Old 08-13-2014, 06:12 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by AustinVettes
It's funny that all the talk of the "entitlement culture" stops when the subject is something like Corvette pricing. Lots of people here seem to think that GM owes it to them to price the car within their budget because they've bought Corvettes in the past.

I think GM is interested in cultivating an evolving customer base that will be around decades from now to support the car. Lincoln kept catering to the same buyers, and look where that left them. A fixed customer base eventually ages out.

GM has a factory that can currently build less than 40k cars a year. (I believe the count was 36k for 2014 on the basis of VINs.) They've expanded the pool of buyers beyond the Corvette faithful. They're just doing their job as a business to maximize their profits for the cars that the factory can produce.

This isn't like the botched recalls where the profit motive was endangering lives.
Very true!! I don't get all this whining! Before the car was introduced, most on here were guessing upper 50's-$60K base price. The car is priced lower than that right now.

This car is an absolute steal at these prices folks! Stop your complaining!!
Old 08-13-2014, 06:25 PM
AustinVettes
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458
Very true!! I don't get all this whining! Before the car was introduced, most on here were guessing upper 50's-$60K base price. The car is priced lower than that right now.

This car is an absolute steal at these prices folks! Stop your complaining!!
The price changes HAVE affected me in the past. I don't want it to seem like I have unlimited money. My first Corvette was a 2002 Z06. The C6 Z06 was too expensive for me, so I didn't buy it. I wasn't angry with GM that I couldn't afford it. I just got a convertible instead. I'd also like to have ordered a 3LT for my C7, but I didn't want to pay for that either.

Eventually the price may go high enough that I don't want to spend the money to get one. And on that day, I will play the world's smallest violin to myself, and cry myself to sleep for having first world problems. Maybe I can get a jump on it by getting angry that Porsche prices the 911 GT3 out of my budget.

At the end of the day, the Corvette is a toy. It's not like we're working three jobs and it's $1000 separating us from basic transportation to get to work to feed a family. That would be an actual problem. Sometimes we just need some perspective.

Last edited by AustinVettes; 08-13-2014 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Crusin
Instructor

Originally Posted by RJboo
I agree with your assessment. I also am retired and owned Vettes for years and every increase does matter to us who are retired.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Old buckeye
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
Effective today, the base price of each of the four 2015 Corvette models will have an increase in the base price of $1,000. Sold orders placed into the GM ordering system prior to the price increase will be price protected.

My guess is that this is the price GM wanted to have the entire time but they wanted to get people with unfilled 2014 Corvettes to get a chance at the old price, but that is only my guess.

Dave
First there was this site given for 2015 pricing:
------------------
Below is a full list of options and pricing for the 2015 Corvette Stingray:
Corvette NON Z51 Coupe $53,000*
Corvette Z51 Coupe $58,000*
Corvette NON Z51 Convertible $58,000*
Corvette Z51 Convertible $63,000*
* includes $995 destination charge

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/07/...#ixzz3AJRS3RXD
-----------------------

Then Dave Kerbeck posted this:

Body Style MSRP Options MSRP
1YY07 Stingray Coupe $54,995
1YX07 Stingray Coupe w/Z51 $59,995
1YY67 Stingray Convertible $59,995
1YX67 Stingray Convertible w/Z51 $64,995

http://www.kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbe...te_Information

So it appears the 2015 models actually went up $1995 dollars and that is assuming the latest prices include $995 destination charge. It also appears the Z51 which includes the NPP is a better deal than the non-Z51.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:38 PM
Crusin
Instructor

Originally Posted by AustinVettes
The price changes HAVE affected me in the past. I don't want it to seem like I have unlimited money. My first Corvette was a 2002 Z06. The C6 Z06 was too expensive for me, so I didn't buy it. I wasn't angry with GM that I couldn't afford it. I just got a convertible instead. I'd also like to have ordered a 3LT for my C7, but I didn't want to pay for that either.

Eventually the price may go high enough that I don't want to spend the money to get one. And on that day, I will play the world's smallest violin to myself, and cry myself to sleep for having first world problems. Maybe I can get a jump on it by getting angry that Porsche prices the 911 GT3 out of my budget.

At the end of the day, the Corvette is a toy. It's not like we're working three jobs and it's $1000 separating us from basic transportation to get to work to feed a family. That would be an actual problem. Sometimes we just need some perspective.
I agree 100%. Sometimes we rant and rave about so many things that are actually trivial matters.

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 Corvette Price Increase

Old 08-13-2014, 07:13 PM
Crusin
Instructor

Originally Posted by twild
I guess GM is going to use the $1,000 to fix mine and the other 78,000 2006 recalls for our lights. I dont mind, too much, the increase, but i sure as heck mind poor quality and sloppy manufacturing/assemblage for Corvettes.
I agree. The price a customer pays for a vehicle can be a lot, so when cars are built with poor quality it leaves a sour taste in ones mouth. As with everything there is always a few kinks to work out to get a better product but there is no excuse for poor Quality.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:09 PM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
Are you saying it doesn't exist and dealers are going to print out a fake invoice to show customers?

GM see's a chance to make a ton more money, they think the market can bear it so they figured, why not?
I'm pretty sure you know exactly what I'm saying and are just trying to be smart, but just in case, I'll clarify: I'm saying that I wonder if they don't actually expect any reasonably savvy consumer to pay most of this $1k extra, but instead it's just a way for dealers (or GM) to offer what appears to be more generous incentives on the car. So a car that would be $62K MSRP and you might be able to get for $60K would now be $63K, and maybe now you'd have to pay $60.2K (just as an arbitrary example). While the latter is slightly more expensive, it probably "feels" like a better deal to many shoppers while still allowing GM to make more money.

Regardless of whether or not that's their plan, it's kinda a downer. I'm aware of how the free market works, but as a potential consumer who's always admired the Corvette's amazing (and steady) pricing, it's upsetting to see the price go up so much so quickly.

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 08-13-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:46 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Price increase = recall reimbursement

GM is no dummy when it comes supply and demand either.

Quick Reply: 2015 Corvette Price Increase