Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any news on the 2015 release date for shipping

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 11:31 PM
Stan0324
Drifting

Received 177 Likes on 109 Posts

What I do not get is how dealers are getting unsold A8's on their lots and customer ordered A8's are still sitting on the BG lot. Thought I read that customer ordered cars had had a little more priority.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:54 AM
CUSA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stan0324
What I do not get is how dealers are getting unsold A8's on their lots and customer ordered A8's are still sitting on the BG lot. Thought I read that customer ordered cars had had a little more priority.
Les Stanford already has 19 2015s in stock & 6 are A8s, that's up in Michigan! I just need mine to be "officially"(per Shane) released(even though it's at 4200) for the Museum to just schedule a delivery, It doesn't even need it to get across the street yet(the museum has their own parking area at the plant[probably 100 yards or less from where mine sits now], until they are ready for it), and probably for many more weeks to come!! This is just Crazy! So I will just have to continue to

Last edited by CUSA; 08-30-2014 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:56 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury

I ordered my 2015 on the first day allowed. My salesman said: "but we don't have pricing yet".. I told him to go ahead anyways. He then tells me that the options list (especially the PDR) hasn't been finalized yet. I told him to go ahead anyways.
Car was built on the second day of production.

And ??? my car is still in the back lot of the factory; not shipped. Will not get to drive it over the holiday weekend. A8's built the next week - already in lucky owners driveways.

Look, I know they can't ship in VIN order. But Duntov or McLellan wouldn't of allowed this to happen. They would of tried to honor -at least- the day(s) the cars were built... to set up the shipping order preference.

Are accountants running the entire show now ?
I can assure you that Duntov and McLellan (and Hill and Wallace, for that matter) had nothing to do with the sequence in which cars got shipped; neither does Juechter. If you're pissed about how it's playing out, so be it. Please don't imply that it's Tadge's fault, though.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:11 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I can assure you that Duntov and McLellan (and Hill and Wallace, for that matter) had nothing to do with the sequence in which cars got shipped; neither does Juechter. If you're pissed about how it's playing out, so be it. Please don't imply that it's Tadge's fault, though.

another one of those "the head guy - really doesn't have any control"

Blame properly placed.

Oh, and BTW... thanks for your concern with a fellow Corvette enthusiast.

This is how you help your fellow Corvette enthusiast:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1587717137
Old 08-30-2014, 02:35 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The following has been previously stated but I think bears repeating: once the vehicle is at status 4200 responsibility is in the hands of dispatch, a wholly unowned by GM entity.

That to me means Chevy no longer has input in which vehicle is loaded next because the supervising shipper now has it. As in every step of the ordering, accepting, assembling and delivering process, there are exceptions but these are related to safety issues not delivery issues.

I guess one could argue the shipper should not have that much control and Chevrolet should only give their vehicle transporting business to those companies who are willing to deliver vehicles based on what the assembling company wants and not based on what is efficient for their own bottom line.

Laborsmith
Old 08-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 10,187 Likes on 1,603 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by laborsmith
The following has been previously stated but I think bears repeating: once the vehicle is at status 4200 responsibility is in the hands of dispatch, a wholly unowned by GM entity.

That to me means Chevy no longer has input in which vehicle is loaded next because the supervising shipper now has it. As in every step of the ordering, accepting, assembling and delivering process, there are exceptions but these are related to safety issues not delivery issues.

I guess one could argue the shipper should not have that much control and Chevrolet should only give their vehicle transporting business to those companies who are willing to deliver vehicles based on what the assembling company wants and not based on what is efficient for their own bottom line.

Laborsmith
You are correct, once the cars are built and assigned to ship, Jack Cooper trucking has 3600 Chevrolet dealers to take them to. They fill the Shippers truck per the zone they are going to. Transporting that many vehicles is "not" like sending a letter with the proper zip code. It is a tedious task and the papertrail must be a nightmare to keep up with...but like many have stated...I wish they would get shipped in numerical order but that is just not economical.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:52 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Laborsmith
If the transportation companies can't operate their business's to maximize their profits, the cost to transport will go up, That means the destination charge will increase to the retail customer.

Do you think GM knows more about running a railroad than Union Pacific does? Seems I recall something about GM needing a handout because of the way they ran their business.

While we may not like the time it takes to get a Corvette from Bowling Green to California, the transportation companies do know how to transport the Corvette for the least cost. If you want expedited transportation, be prepared to pay for it.

Is that what the Corvette buyer wants?

Last edited by JoesC5; 08-30-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:16 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 10,187 Likes on 1,603 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by JoesC5
If the transportation companies can't operate their business's to maximize their profits, the cost to transport will go up, That means the destination charge will increase to the retail customer.

Do you think GM knows more about running a railroad than Union Pacific does? Seems I recall something about GM needing a handout because of the way they ran their business.

While we may not like the time it takes to get a Corvette from Bowling Green to California, the transportation companies do know how to transport the Corvette for the least cost. If you want expedited transportation, be prepared to pay for it.

Is that what the Corvette buyer wants?
Not to mention we all know what could happen if speeded up...accidents etc....I never rush a paint shop and I never rush a shipping company.

Mike
Old 08-30-2014, 03:38 PM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

correct.

Prob is... I can't get past 4150

Old 08-30-2014, 03:53 PM
ronkellogg
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Does anyone know why chevy site says car is at dealer but dealer says it's not?
Old 08-30-2014, 04:28 PM
CUSA
Racer

Default 4200 doen't mean anything for mine or the Museum!

"The following has been previously stated but I think bears repeating: once the vehicle is at status 4200 responsibility is in the hands of dispatch, a wholly unowned by GM entity."

correct.

No, Wrong!

I'm at 4200 and it means nothing, not even when the Delivery is across the street! The Museum won't even acknowledge it, they say they "have to wait until it has been released by the Factory"! Then they say they "don't know what 4200 is?" WTF I'll join you!

Originally Posted by CUSA
Les Stanford already has 19 2015s in stock & 6 are A8s, that's up in Michigan! I just need mine to be "officially"(per Shane) released(even though it's at 4200) for the Museum to just schedule a delivery, It doesn't even need it to get across the street yet(the museum has their own parking area at the plant[probably 100 yards or less from where mine sits now], until they are ready for it), and probably for many more weeks to come!! This is just Crazy! So I will just have to continue to

Last edited by CUSA; 08-30-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:37 PM
Kathybisonic
Intermediate

When was yours built?

Originally Posted by CUSA

"The following has been previously stated but I think bears repeating: once the vehicle is at status 4200 responsibility is in the hands of dispatch, a wholly unowned by GM entity."

No, Wrong!

I'm at 4200 and it means nothing, not even when the Delivery is across the street! The Museum won't even acknowledge it, they say they "have to wait until it has been released by the Factory"! WTF I'll join you!
Old 08-30-2014, 05:01 PM
MY70THAnv
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by f152tall
How'd you know 16 were A8s?
I looked... I was staying at the Hotel and was taking to the drivers and they let me inspect the cars.

All you need to do is see the underside of the car. Very easy to do on a hailer.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Stan0324
Drifting

Mine was built 8/19 and for the past week it has been bouncing from 4B00 to 4200 to 4000 to 4B00. Guess you have to follow the bouncing ball. It appears no one wants to ship my car.

Who knows, maybe I will get a call from the dealer and tell its in, wishful thinking
Old 08-30-2014, 05:04 PM
MY70THAnv
Racer

Originally Posted by gsiegel1
I am vin 1026 and my A8 (vy, z51 vert) was shipped early today. Eta to FL not until Wednesday though. Did not realize it takes that long to drive from KY to FL...but still en route.
The 2 trucks at the hotel we stayed at in BG where heading South.
bothe drivers where going to drive to ATl are and then park till Tuesday.

They had stops in GA and FL Jax and fuither South.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:06 PM
MY70THAnv
Racer

Originally Posted by Thespian
Have any 2015 A8's actually been received to any dealers? Personally I am VIN # 22 built on 8/8/14 and I am "bayed" (status code 4B00).

I feel your pain... When it comes to this treatment of the sold cars and low number buyers we are getting 'S"
Old 08-30-2014, 05:13 PM
gsiegel1
Instructor

Originally Posted by FCCCVPMan
The 2 trucks at the hotel we stayed at in BG where heading South.
bothe drivers where going to drive to ATl are and then park till Tuesday.

They had stops in GA and FL Jax and fuither South.
Cool! Did you see a yellow vert with black wheels and yellow calipers by chance?

Get notified of new replies

To Any news on the 2015 release date for shipping

Old 08-30-2014, 05:15 PM
Stan0324
Drifting

I assume no more cars will leave the BG lot until Tuesday. Is this correct ?
Old 08-30-2014, 05:45 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

correct.

Has anyone ever figured out the most certain sign a vehicle has a qc problem? The good news: that problem and any others incidentally discovered will be fixed by the people who know more about than car than anyone, save possibly GM performance engineers.

Laborsmith
Old 08-30-2014, 05:48 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ronkellogg
Does anyone know why chevy site says car is at dealer but dealer says it's not?
Because dispatch has reported it at the dealer. Happens when a driver is about to deliver the vehicle. Happens often enough that one can not say it is unusual but not so often that one can say it is usual.

Laborsmith

Quick Reply: Any news on the 2015 release date for shipping