Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caliper remorse

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 04:25 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,153 Likes on 5,984 Posts

You'll need to make sure you get fresh crush washers for (2 per corner) and a way to clamp the brake hose to prevent fluid loss. 10 hours is high... they don't want the job or they just want extra money. A tech would have to tie up two bays, but it'd be pretty easy to go corner to corner swapping the calipers and then bleed both cars.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:22 AM
ToppCat
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paint them

Originally Posted by Achmed
I stuck with the standard black calipers on my Stingray while a good friend of mine paid for red calipers on his black Stingray.

Later on I decided I should have gotten red calipers instead, and he coincidentally decided he should have gotten black ones instead.

So I called a local Chevy dealership asking them for an appointment and an estimate to swap each of our calipers, and they said it would be about a 10 hour job, which makes it not so attractive anymore.

Does this estimate sound right?

I saw an aftermarket "caliper cover" in red or black for the C7, which basically goes over the standard calipers and also claims to reduce brake dust. It was for $200 + shipping etc. Now I'm starting to consider that. Does anyone have experience with it? Does it reduce brake dust? Do you need to do anything about brake dust building up inside the aftermarket caliper cover?

Ref: http://www.chevymall.com/C7-Stingray...uctinfo/AN615/
You can paint them. Or buy aftermarket covers! Would be less expensive option.

Quick Reply: Caliper remorse