Sponsored by:

Supplier/GM Card Credit

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 11:02 AM
BadgerBadger
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supplier/GM Card Credit

Can anyone explain why you can't use your GM credit card purchase value in addition to Supplier pricing when purchasing a new corvette or can you?
Old 08-29-2014, 11:04 AM
juststan
Advanced

Originally Posted by BadgerBadger
Can anyone explain why you can't use your GM credit card purchase value in addition to Supplier pricing when purchasing a new corvette or can you?
they didn't let me use them either.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:10 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Because that's the rules:

2. Can I use my BuyPower Card Earnings with the GM Employee or Supplier Discount?
No, however, BuyPower Card Earnings can be combined with the GM College Discount or GM Military Discount, if eligible.
The GM Extended Family Card allows you to combine them, but it earns at a much lower rate and has other differences.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:21 PM
Beezvette
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Because that's the rules:

The GM Extended Family Card allows you to combine them, but it earns at a much lower rate and has other differences.
I had a choice of saving $6000 with supplier pricing or $1000 with the card, i went for the 6K, then canceled my card and got one with a higher cash back plan.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:40 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Heads Up: the Military Discount referred to is/was a specific dollar discount similar to the College Student Discount. The Military Pricing Plan now current is similar to the Supplier and the Credit Union Pricing Plans. The GM Card 5% can not be used with Supplier etc.

The GM Family Buy Power Card accrues points at a 1% not a 5% rate and its points can be used when purchasing under a Supplier/Credit Union/Military Pricing Plan.

Laborsmith
Old 08-29-2014, 07:38 PM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Originally Posted by BadgerBadger
Because when you start combining offers they don't make money.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:51 PM
pshawsr
Cruising

Originally Posted by laborsmith
Heads Up: the Military Discount referred to is/was a specific dollar discount similar to the College Student Discount. The Military Pricing Plan now current is similar to the Supplier and the Credit Union Pricing Plans. The GM Card 5% can not be used with Supplier etc.

The GM Family Buy Power Card accrues points at a 1% not a 5% rate and its points can be used when purchasing under a Supplier/Credit Union/Military Pricing Plan.

Laborsmith
I called GM Card redemption and was also told that GM family card and GM business card can be used with supplier pricing. I have the older gm blue card. They said I could convert my money to the family card for $.20 on the dollar so now my $3000 became worth $600. I guess better than nothing.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:59 PM
Zevo
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 44 Posts

It sucks you can't use it, but the 3k off from the gm card plus whatever discount you negotiate should be about the same as supplier or even better
Old 08-29-2014, 08:05 PM
pshawsr
Cruising

Originally Posted by Zevo
It sucks you can't use it, but the 3k off from the gm card plus whatever discount you negotiate should be about the same as supplier or even better
That's what I'm hoping. I've asked a couple of dealers which way works out best for them but they never answer the question. I want to be fair to both of us. But don't want to lose $2400 either.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:20 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by pshawsr
That's what I'm hoping. I've asked a couple of dealers which way works out best for them but they never answer the question. I want to be fair to both of us. But don't want to lose $2400 either.
Don't worry about being "fair" to the dealer. That is their job. Your job is to get the lowest price possible. I assure you, they are not looking to be "fair" to you. They are looking to maximize their profit.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:24 AM
Chets LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

can someone tell me where i can see the credit union pricing when building a car. it shows my credit union i currently use on the list? so therefore I'm eligible i would think

Get notified of new replies

To Supplier/GM Card Credit

Quick Reply: Supplier/GM Card Credit