C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015's Stop-Sale - When is GM Going to tell us what's going on?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 08:42 PM
Red Rocket
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AustinVettes
So news flash, the Corvette isn't going to be made by anyone other than GM any time soon. Judging from your mountain of previous posts, it doesn't seem like you want a Corvette. It seems like you want to find as many excuses as possible NOT to buy the car.

There is nothing wrong with deciding that the car is not for you. It does get tiring however to have the forum filled with posts by tire kickers who can only see the worst in the car. At some point, you have to ask yourself why you still come here if you've already established a mile long list of issues you have with the car. Doesn't it seem like your time would be better spent on the a car forum that had a manufacturer you liked, that sold cars you are comfortable paying for, and had a model you didn't have 100 reservations about buying?

This place is getting filled with nothing but whiners, nervous nellies, the paranoid and the trolls. The vast majority of us who have had Corvettes have had great experiences with the cars. However a small number of folks that want to wallow in any negative incident has drowned out much of the fun of being here. And that's a shame.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Tbong
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So news flash, the Corvette isn't going to be made by anyone other than GM any time soon. Judging from your mountain of previous posts, it doesn't seem like you want a Corvette. It seems like you want to find as many excuses as possible NOT to buy the car.

There is nothing wrong with deciding that the car is not for you. It does get tiring however to have the forum filled with posts by tire kickers who can only see the worst in the car. At some point, you have to ask yourself why you still come here if you've already established a mile long list of issues you have with the car. Doesn't it seem like your time would be better spent on the a car forum that had a manufacturer you liked, that sold cars you are comfortable paying for, and had a model you didn't have 100 reservations about buying?

This place is getting filled with nothing but whiners, nervous nellies, the paranoid and the trolls. The vast majority of us who have had Corvettes have had great experiences with the cars. However a small number of folks that want to wallow in any negative incident has drowned out much of the fun of being here. And that's a shame.
You are wrong. I drove up to visit Kerbecks and Criswells a couple weeks ago to look at stock. But after reading this forum the last few days ....... People SHOULD be paranoid, This is a company who has covered up deadly issues in the recent past and blame them on the customer. but then again you are one of many apologists so I can temper your comments with that, I want another Vette I just don't trust GM. Thats all it boils down to. I don't apologize for any brand. nor do I blindly accept explanations for what should not happen. Come on. Four to Five cars with blown engines just happen to show up? Has any other brand forum had this kind of thing happen on a new release tested by Car and Driver?

I am a member of other brand cars we own but none are as distrustful and paranoid about a brand as much as I read here. There is far less angst No engines are blowing up in Car and Driver testing or at stoplights and then blamed on an "oil filter" ,

I wish I did not LIKE the Corvette so much, I think there are a lot of Vette owners who despise GM. More than you think. Just like there are a lot of Harley owners who hate what Harley has become.

I believe with the a Car and Driver fiasco and the few issues here there is good reason to be a tad paranoid about a $65,000 car where the manufacturer has a history of covering up issues to the death of their customers. If that does not give a prospective buyer pause I don't know what will. except for people who are just LONG TERM blind loyalists, and defend the indefensible. Those who defend the brand blindly are those with the longest history with the brand....not surprising. Those of us new to the brand have our eyes wide open and are not biased by a long term marriage with a car.

Last edited by Tbong; 09-15-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:04 PM
AustinVettes
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Tbong
You are wrong. People SHOULD be paranoid, this is a company who has covered up deadly issues in the recent past and blame them on the customer. but then again you are one of many apologists so I can temper your comments with that, I want another Vette I just don't trust GM. Thats all it boils down to. I don't apologize for any brand. nor do I blindly accept explanations for what should not happen.

I am inforums of other cars we own but none are as distrustful and paranoid about a brand as much as I read here. There is far less angst No engines are blowing up in Car and Driver testing or at stoplights and then blamed on an "oil filter" ,

I wish I did not LIKE the Corvette so much, I think there are a lot of Vette owners who despise GM. More than you think. Just like there are a lot of Harley owners who hate what Harley has become.

I believe with the a Car and Driver fiasco and the few issues here there is good reason to be a tad paranoid about a $65,000 car where the manufacturer has a history of covering up issues to the death of their customers. If that does not give a prospective buyer pause I don't know what will. except for people who are just LONG TERM blind loyalists, and defend the indefensible. Those who defend the brand blindly are those with the longest history with the brand....not surprising. Those of us new to the brand have our eyes wide open and are not biased by a long term marriage with a car.
So let me get this straight. You hate the company. You think they lie to their customers and kill people out of spite. You think your dealer won't service your car if you buy out of state. You think that the engines are ticking time bombs. But you still plan on buying the car? That makes complete sense. If GM put live hand grenades under the passenger seat, I'd bet you'd love it even more.

What would it take for you not to buy a car? Seriously. You're not fooling anyone with your pretend interest. There is a difference between seeing the good with the bad, and seeing only the bad.

Being paranoid issues with a car YOU DO NOT OWN and feigning concern about a stop ship when you DO NOT HAVE AN AFFECTED ORDER is not rational. Do not buy the car. It will not make you happy. I can't imagine how crazy it would make you if you had skin in the game.

In the meantime, learn to enjoy life. Leave behind things that don't make you happy. That you visit Corvettes sites and have a Harley avatar and yet hate them with such passion makes me think you are either a) a troll, b) someone who lives to be perpetually aggrieved, or c) have no idea how to make yourself happy.

Last edited by AustinVettes; 09-15-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:23 PM
Tbong
Racer

So let me get this straight. You hate the company. You think they lie to their customers and kill people out of spite. You think your dealer won't service your car if you buy out of state. You think that the engines are ticking time bombs. But you still plan on buying the car? That makes complete sense. If GM put live hand grenades under the passenger seat, I'd bet you'd love it even more.

What would it take for you not to buy a car? Seriously. You're not fooling anyone with your pretend interest. There is a difference between seeing the good with the bad, and seeing only the bad.
Try again.. I will not buy a C7 anymore. I will and am looking for another C6, I have no faith in the C7 at this juncture. If I find a nice late model C6 at a good price i will enjoy it like I did my 05.

What will it take for me not to buy a car?

Car and Driver blowing up a couple engines testing the new performance machine from GM, a few forum members blowing engines during normal driving and track runs. GM not covering a customer and then blaming "oil filters" when it's clear it is far more likely the thrust bearing as indicated by someone who knows more than you or I about these engines.

I SEE the Good...The C7 LOOOKS good..... However the C7 AT THIS MOMENT FOR ME is all flash and little substance as far as I am concerned. I am far more confident in the C6 at this juncture. I have a feeling we will be reading of more of these events in this forum as time goes on. The C7 Forum will be watched closely. GMs responses to these $65K engine failures will be watched closely.

And I did find a local dealer who will service any car I buy from anywhere. That is not an issue their rate is $75 an hour and they had a few C6s in the shop when they gave me a tour and I met the Corvette tech and Service Mgr. That issue has been solved, I will gladly pay for service at that dealership.

Buying a low mileage C6 I don't have to worry about Warranties and GM denials. At least until GM proves they can street a car that I don't have to worry about throwing a rod at a stoplight.

And Again I believe there are a lot of Vette owners who love their cars but GM not so much.....

Last edited by Tbong; 09-15-2014 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:43 PM
AustinVettes
Racer

Try again.. I will not buy a C7 anymore. I will and am looking for another C6, I have no faith in the C7 at this juncture. If I find a nice late model C6 at a good price i will enjoy it like I did my C5.
So you frequent the C7 forum to just complain about a car you have no intentions of purchasing? It is stuff like this that has made this forum less than what it was before.

My apologies to the OP for derailing the thread. I had a snafu courtesy of FedEx that delayed the closing of my purchase, so I know how much the delays can drive you nuts. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Last edited by AustinVettes; 09-15-2014 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:53 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,210 Likes on 822 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate@VanBortelChevy
There are 2 concerns:
1.) Driver air bag module
2.) Park brake cable not connected

This is a safety and quality control concern. Dealerships with 2015 Corvettes in stock will receive replacement parts as soon as they are available. It's great that Chevy is catching/correcting this before anyone gets behind the wheel.
Too bad they didn't do that for the 38 million give or take a few bazillion that they FINALLY recalled after they were forced to admit they were idiots and covered up ridiculous stuff.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:02 PM
C7HOORAY
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Car companies are running like roaches with the kitchen light on...

...when it comes to ANY safety issues. Chevy is only being CAUTIOUS. They are not alone. I got a Recall letter TODAY for my Dodge Grand Caravan for...wait for it....IGNITION SWITCHES that might let the ignition suddenly cut off while driving! Sound familiar!??? Here we go again!
Old 09-16-2014, 12:00 AM
Tbong
Racer

So you frequent the C7 forum to just complain about a car you have no intentions of purchasing? It is stuff like this that has made this forum less than what it was before.

My apologies to the OP for derailing the thread. I had a snafu courtesy of FedEx that delayed the closing of my purchase, so I know how much the delays can drive you nuts. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.
Yes I will frequent the Forum reading about issues and will not buy a C7 even though I made a special trip to see them at two high volume dealers because of what I read in this forum.

I will monitor it going forward and especially GM's response to issues. In the interim i will look for a C6 I feel much more confident about.

Maybe you will get your wish and I will ultimately decide I don't want to be in the "trophy car game" and just buy a good reliable performance vehicle that won't melt in the rain or throw a rod at a stoplight from a manufacturer that cares about their customers to a fault. RC F Sport comes to mind.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:09 AM
Slappy3243
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes I will frequent the Forum reading about issues and will not buy a C7 even though I made a special trip to see them at two high volume dealers because of what I read in this forum.

I will monitor it going forward and especially GM's response to issues. In the interim i will look for a C6 I feel much more confident about.

Maybe you will get your wish and I will ultimately decide I don't want to be in the "trophy car game" and just buy a good reliable performance vehicle that won't melt in the rain or throw a rod at a stoplight from a manufacturer that cares about their customers to a fault. RC F Sport comes to mind.
Here we go with the RC F Sport again. A 4000 lb 4-seat coupe with less power which you continually compare to the C7 like they are even competitors.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:38 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,880 Posts

The assumption is GM is telling the truth. Their track record has not be exactly honorable when it comes to issuing statements. One of my local Dealers GM told me the ignition issues were caused by "girls putting too much stuff on their keychains" as if Ford Dodge Honda Toyota drivers don't have heavy keychains with stuff hanging off them...

"Blame the customer" is what I heard. Personally I wish another carmaker made the Corvette. I still want one but I despise GM as a company and don't hide it.
Good points, Tbong.

I understand but people have been hanging all kinds of keys and things on their keychains for years and years. GM even realized it was a problem and did nothing about it until people die and they had to. employees warned management in 2005 that the auto maker had a "serious safety problem" GM covered it up and ignored the issue..

No other manufacturer had a a major safety recall that caused injury because "keychains were too heavy" and GM knew about it and still buried it and did not fix the problem and now they blame the customer.

So when they claim its a "bad oil filter" some of us are and should be questioning their explanation for engine failures,
I'm questioning EVERYTHING too, that GM and Corvette does after all the engines blowing-up threads just here, a fraction of the C7 sales.

The proven GM cover-ups are really troubling me as to whether I can trust them at this point.

You are wrong. I drove up to visit Kerbecks and Criswells a couple weeks ago to look at stock. But after reading this forum the last few days ....... People SHOULD be paranoid, This is a company who has covered up deadly issues in the recent past and blame them on the customer. but then again you are one of many apologists so I can temper your comments with that, I want another Vette I just don't trust GM. Thats all it boils down to. I don't apologize for any brand. nor do I blindly accept explanations for what should not happen. Come on. Four to Five cars with blown engines just happen to show up? Has any other brand forum had this kind of thing happen on a new release tested by Car and Driver?

I am a member of other brand cars we own but none are as distrustful and paranoid about a brand as much as I read here. There is far less angst No engines are blowing up in Car and Driver testing or at stoplights and then blamed on an "oil filter" ,

I am pending as well, at this time. That fiasco really hit home with me!

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
Too bad they didn't do that for the 38 million give or take a few bazillion that they FINALLY recalled after they were forced to admit they were idiots and covered up ridiculous stuff.

Excellent post......
Old 09-16-2014, 12:43 AM
Tbong
Racer

Originally Posted by Slappy3243
Here we go with the RC F Sport again. A 4000 lb 4-seat coupe with less power which you continually compare to the C7 like they are even competitors.
In my world they are. I am not looking to track a car. The Lexus is a tough car to pass up for the same money. Over 450 hp and over 383 lb-ft of torque in a car that can actually be driven hard and in the rain and not pampered. Maybe I will get over wanting another "American Icon" in my garage. That was really my only reason for wanting to get a Corvette and see what all the hoopla was about. The Clubs are stuffy and trophies are worshipped like a a bowling league. Chevy has managed to do what Harley has done. Make a licenced logo more valuable and desirable than the actual product,

I found it to be a tough decision between the two cars,,,,. but after reading of the issues lately The Lexus looks better and better for the money and service and reliability is unarguably world class, IF I am going to blow $65-$70K on a car today it would not be a Corvette.

For $30-$35K yeah I'll play.

But when I want value for my money I will look here
RC F
Engine Type 5.0 liter V-8
Horsepower 467 HP @ 7,100 RPM
Torque 389 LB-FT
Transmission Eight-speed Sports Direct Shift (SPDS)
0-60 mph 4.4 seconds
Top speed 170 mph (electronically limited)
Fuel economy 16/25/19 mpg city/highway/combined
Compression Ratio 12.3:1

Plenty good enough........for comparison. OK it doesn't look like an Exotic Italian Sports car but the reliability, warranty, and Customer Centric service is light years beyond GM. There are no Chevy Sparks at the Lexus service Centers to wait behind for service and loaners are automatic for oil changes if someone needs one. Infinti even gave me that much.

Maybe you are right.....They really cannot be compared. The Lexus is a world class vehicle....and The Lexus does not scream " Hey everybody look at me!!!"

But then again some of us live our lives from the inside out rather than the outside in.

Last edited by Tbong; 09-16-2014 at 01:03 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:08 AM
AustinVettes
Racer

In my world they are. I am not looking to track a car. The Lexus is a tough car to pass up for the same money. Over 450 hp and over 383 lb-ft of torque in a car that can actually be driven hard and in the rain and not pampered. Maybe I will get over wanting another "American Icon" in my garage. That was really my only reason for wanting to get a Corvette and see what all the hoopla was about. The Clubs are stuffy and trophies are worshipped like a a bowling league. Chevy has managed to do what Harley has done. Make a licenced logo more valuable and desirable than the actual product,

I found it to be a tough decision between the two cars,,,,. but after reading of the issues lately The Lexus looks better and better for the money and service and reliability is unarguably world class, IF I am going to blow $65-$70K on a car today it would not be a Corvette.

For $30-$35K yeah I'll play.

But when I want value for my money I will look here
RC F
Engine Type 5.0 liter V-8
Horsepower 467 HP @ 7,100 RPM
Torque 389 LB-FT
Transmission Eight-speed Sports Direct Shift (SPDS)
0-60 mph 4.4 seconds
Top speed 170 mph (electronically limited)
Fuel economy 16/25/19 mpg city/highway/combined
Compression Ratio 12.3:1

Plenty good enough........for comparison. OK it doesn't look like an Exotic Italian Sports car but the reliability, warranty, and Customer Centric service is light years beyond GM. There are no Chevy Sparks at the Lexus service Centers to wait behind for service and loaners are automatic for oil changes if someone needs one. Infinti even gave me that much.

Maybe you are right.....They really cannot be compared. The Lexus is a world class vehicle....and The Lexus does not scream " Hey everybody look at me!!!"

But then again some of us live our lives from the inside out rather than the outside in.
We are happy you found a car that you like better, and we wish you the best on the Lexus forums. Good luck finding an RC F that you are comfortable actually buying and paying for. We look forward to you coming back to post a picture of the car which we're all sure you will buy soon.

Happy trails to you.

BTW, if you are in need of excuses not to pony up the money on the RC F, google "Toyota engine sludge". Long story short, Toyota had to recall 2.5 million Toyota and Lexus engines because they would turn the oil into sludge and fail. But they only did it after being forced to by a class action lawsuit. Keep this in your back pocket and you are armed for complaints over in the Lexus forums too. You'll always have a reason why you never got that nice car you were THIS close to buying. http://online.wsj.com/articles/SB1014926282588675480

Toyota NEVER had safety issues. Except when they did with the unintended acceleration issues that also required a safety recall after a corporate cover up. They only had to pay a $1.2B fine to keep from being prosecuted on that. That is much better than evil GM.

Last edited by AustinVettes; 09-16-2014 at 01:29 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:28 AM
Tbong
Racer

We are happy you found a car that you like better, and we wish you the best on the Lexus forums. Good luck finding an RC F that you are comfortable actually buying and paying for. We look forward to you coming back to post a picture of the car which we're all sure you will buy soon.

Happy trails to you.

BTW, if you are in need of excuses not to pony up the money on the RC F, google "Toyota engine sludge". Long story short, Toyota had to recall 2.5 million Toyota and Lexus engines because they would turn the oil into sludge and fail. But they only did it after being forced to by a class action lawsuit. Keep this in your back pocket and you are armed for complaints over there too, and you'll always have a reason why you never got that nice car you were THIS close to buying. http://online.wsj.com/articles/SB1014926282588675480

So I am not going to buy a car because 14 years ago they had an issue that Toyota was forced to repair and it was not even a safety issue....
Keep trying...You had to go back 14 years to find something Toyota took care of and STILL enjoyed leading sales and reliability ever since.

.....what is happening with the C7 is TODAY and GM is "looking into the problem" while leaving the "extreme few" customers with lunched engines in a lurch. If so few engines blew up why not just replace them and move on? After all its only .00000004% and GM won't fix them (Well they did RUN to fix Car and Drivers lunched motor)

No one can compare to GM's death list and that was not 14 years ago, They are STILL dealing with those recalls and lawsuits.

Last edited by Tbong; 09-16-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 01:34 AM
AustinVettes
Racer

So I am not going to buy a car because 14 years ago they had an issue that Toyota was forced to repair and it was not even a safety issue....
Keep trying...You had to go back 14 years to find something Toyota took care of and STILL enjoyed leading sales and reliability ever since.

No one can compare to GM's death list and that was not 14 years ago, They are STILL dealing with those recalls and lawsuits.
Is March 2014 recent enough for you? http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/toyota...ry?id=22972214 I'll paste it in so you don't even have to go to the link. Both eyes open right? So why is it only GM and the Corvette that have you up in arms? Why are you now a Toyota apologist?

"Car manufacturer Toyota has agreed to pay a staggering $1.2 billion to avoid prosecution for covering up severe safety problems with “unintended acceleration,” according to court documents, and continuing to make cars with parts the FBI said Toyota “knew were deadly.”

"A deferred prosecution agreement, filed today, forced Toyota to “admit” that it “misled U.S. consumers by concealing and making deceptive statements about two safety related issues affecting its vehicles, each of which caused a type of unintended acceleration.”

"Toyota “put sales over safety and profit over principle,” according to FBI Assistant Director George Venizelos.

“The disregard Toyota had for the safety of the public is outrageous,” Venizelos said. “Not only did Toyota fail to recall cars with problem parts, they continued to manufacture new cars with the same parts they already knew were deadly. When media reports arose of Toyota hiding defects, they emphatically denied what they knew was true, assuring consumers that their cars were safe and reliable… More than speeding cars or a major fine, the ultimate tragedy has been the unwitting consumers who died behind the wheel of Toyota vehicles.”

"ABC News first reported the potential dangers of unintended acceleration in an investigation broadcast in November 2009. The report said hundreds of Toyota customers were in “rebellion” after a series of accidents were apparently caused by the unintended acceleration. Two months before, Highway Patrolman Mark Saylor and three members of his family had been killed after the accelerator in his Lexus had become stuck on an incompatible floor mat. Saylor was able to call 911 while his car was speeding over 100 miles per hour and explain his harrowing ordeal right up until the crash that ended his life."

Last edited by AustinVettes; 09-16-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:21 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

what I don't understand is that with 35k + 2014's running around how do 700 2015's get recalled, did they change the e-brake system on the 2015's?
Old 09-16-2014, 02:24 AM
Tbong
Racer

Is March 2014 recent enough for you? http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/toyota...ry?id=22972214 I'll paste it in so you don't even have to go to the link. Both eyes open right? So why is it only GM and the Corvette that have you up in arms? Why are you now a Toyota apologist?

"Car manufacturer Toyota has agreed to pay a staggering $1.2 billion to avoid prosecution for covering up severe safety problems with “unintended acceleration,” according to court documents, and continuing to make cars with parts the FBI said Toyota “knew were deadly.”

"A deferred prosecution agreement, filed today, forced Toyota to “admit” that it “misled U.S. consumers by concealing and making deceptive statements about two safety related issues affecting its vehicles, each of which caused a type of unintended acceleration.”

"Toyota “put sales over safety and profit over principle,” according to FBI Assistant Director George Venizelos.

“The disregard Toyota had for the safety of the public is outrageous,” Venizelos said. “Not only did Toyota fail to recall cars with problem parts, they continued to manufacture new cars with the same parts they already knew were deadly. When media reports arose of Toyota hiding defects, they emphatically denied what they knew was true, assuring consumers that their cars were safe and reliable… More than speeding cars or a major fine, the ultimate tragedy has been the unwitting consumers who died behind the wheel of Toyota vehicles.”

"ABC News first reported the potential dangers of unintended acceleration in an investigation broadcast in November 2009. The report said hundreds of Toyota customers were in “rebellion” after a series of accidents were apparently caused by the unintended acceleration. Two months before, Highway Patrolman Mark Saylor and three members of his family had been killed after the accelerator in his Lexus had become stuck on an incompatible floor mat. Saylor was able to call 911 while his car was speeding over 100 miles per hour and explain his harrowing ordeal right up until the crash that ended his life."
LOL was waiting for that GEM of political extortion

Political witch hunt to prop up GM and the UAW at a time when GM was hanging by a thread, Many false acceleration events were put forward the Liberal Press had a field day. Silly fix Chop off 2" of accelerator pedal...I would not allow them to cut my Tacoma or the wife's RAV 4 pedal US GOV Extortion at it's finest.

Purely a political witch hunt and no one will convince me otherwise. That suddenly went away when GM started getting on their feet.

We're no Toyota apologists, but if you look past the media circus, the numbers don't reveal a meaningful problem. Every man, woman, and child in the U.S. has approximately a one-in-8000 chance of perishing in a car accident every year. Over a decade, that's about one in 800. Given the millions of cars included in the Toyota recalls and the fewer than 20 alleged deaths over the past decade, the alleged fatality rate is about one death per 200,000 recalled Toyotas. Even if all the alleged deaths really are resultant from vehicle defects—highly unlikely—and even if all the worst things people are speculating about Toyotas are true, and you're driving one, and you aren't smart or calm enough to shift to neutral if the thing surges, you're still approximately 250 times likelier to die in one of these cars for reasons having nothing to do with unintended acceleration. So if you can muster the courage to get into a car and drive, the additional alleged risk of driving a Toyota is virtually negligible

. The accelerator may stick in some Toyotas. NHTSA hasn't determined that this has actually caused any fatalities, but there is enough evidence that the throttle may stick to warrant a recall. If this happens to you, shift to neutral.

Even if you buy our argument that most of the "unintended acceleration" issues are actually driver error and the company ultimately is vindicated, Toyota is still screwed. Audi sales were depressed for a decade and a half after the false claims leveled against it. Toyota either blames its customers and faces the wrath of the media or expresses contrition and admits it has quality issues. Perhaps having learned from the backlash against Audi when it—rightly—blamed its customers, Toyota has chosen the latter course of action..
WALL STREET JOURNAL

In the mean time another C7 engine blows with no resolve for the customer \\

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...g-serious.html

Last edited by Tbong; 09-16-2014 at 02:38 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:36 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,880 Posts

In the mean time another C7 engine blows with no resolve for the customer \\

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...g-serious.html

HOLY KRAP!

This C7 engine blowing a piston out the right side and blowing oil everywhere is epidemic!

Get notified of new replies

To 2015's Stop-Sale - When is GM Going to tell us what's going on?

Old 09-16-2014, 02:42 AM
redstar299
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why

This car is practically made out of plastic. If you crash its one step above a motorcycle. No car is worth risking your safety. It sucks, I'd be climbing the walls too but try and keep it in perspective. Driving a plastic car with defective brakes and airbags is not a good idea on any level
Old 09-16-2014, 07:23 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by redstar299
This car is practically made out of plastic. If you crash its one step above a motorcycle. No car is worth risking your safety. It sucks, I'd be climbing the walls too but try and keep it in perspective. Driving a plastic car with defective brakes and airbags is not a good idea on any level

Right..... Crash bars and frame must be made of plastic too?
Old 09-16-2014, 08:08 AM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Well...as a long time member, I must say that this thread is the most ridiculous in history. Seriously, don't you guys have anything better to do?

Jimmy

Quick Reply: 2015's Stop-Sale - When is GM Going to tell us what's going on?