Sponsored by:

ACS or RPI Side Rockers ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Horsefly
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by gateman7
Horsefly your car looks great! If you don't mind me asking, post one of the whole car and how did you "white out" your front side marks?
Here ya' go. Entire car and the front side markers were replaced with lenses that I bought from a company called "Clearz". Be aware, the lenses and attached lens housings are the only thing that you get from Clearz. I had to cut the LED's from the existing lens housings and epoxy them to the new ones. The LED's are orange so you remain legal.

Name:  008.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  61.0 KB

Name:  005.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  65.7 KB

Enjoy!
Old 09-24-2014, 03:37 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

ACS an exact copy of the shape and size of the new Z06. I love the look.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:34 AM
wfg213
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the ACS Carbon Flash Splitter and Skirts on a Crystal Red Z51 Coupe. I know RPI is less costly but I haven't seen their product. Not the best picture - kind of washed out.
Attached Images   
Old 09-25-2014, 06:17 AM
gateman7
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Horsefly
Here ya' go. Entire car and the front side markers were replaced with lenses that I bought from a company called "Clearz". Be aware, the lenses and attached lens housings are the only thing that you get from Clearz. I had to cut the LED's from the existing lens housings and epoxy them to the new ones. The LED's are orange so you remain legal.

Attachment 47829220

Attachment 47829221

Enjoy!
Thanks for posting the pictures of your Vet it is a sharp car, a real head turner. I fell for the Laguna Blue first, that is the color that originally got me hooked on the C7. Then after drooling over the C7 for almost a year Arctic White won me over and I was going the way you did, CF Roof with Body color trim and Chrome Wheels. I did and still love that combination. I went to Kerbeck in Atlantic City NJ the closest volume Corvette dealer by me and fell for the black rims. I'm still surprised that the black rims won me over and once that happened dual racing stripes looked to good to pass up. I think your "Clearz" mod is pure genius and I hope at so point I will be able to respectfully copy you on it. Thank you again, take care.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:46 AM
greatcanadian
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks fantastic and the wrap is a great idea...thanks for sharing

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
I went with ACS Zero 7s based on all the previous threads, and there are a lot of them. When I installed them I noticed they are made of a very tough plastic that is not brittle like carbon fiber. This is a bonus...you can stand on them, bend them way out of shape and they will not crack. I ended up wrapping mine with 4D CF vinyl to closely match the front splitter I got in the group purchase. Also, bought them on sale from Zip Products for 10% off and free shipping, which netted out to around $460 delivered.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:03 AM
Yukonboy03
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

tag for home

Quick Reply: ACS or RPI Side Rockers ?