Sponsored by:

Sirius XM 2014 Vert Vet erratic operation

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 04:34 AM
Cape Schrod
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sirius XM 2014 Vert Vet erratic operation

XM radio on, enter garage with radio on. Turn off ignition and exit. Come out later in the day and exit garage radio still in on position and no XM sound on any channel. Have to stop and turn car off and restart car to get radio to operate. Any ideas?
Old 09-29-2014, 09:24 AM
aj98
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 137 Posts

My guess would be the structure of the house blocking the signal. I get that when I pull into my driveway b/c of the trees around my house.

Mine takes about 30 seconds for the radio to reacquire signal after backing out and clearing the treeline.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:22 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Your car has a buffer built in. It's possible that when you pull in you're playing on the buffer and you turn the car off before the buffer runs out.

Next time you pull in, sit in your car for 30 extra seconds and see if the radio cuts off.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:42 AM
Cape Schrod
Intermediate

Default XM issue

Originally Posted by aj98
My guess would be the structure of the house blocking the signal. I get that when I pull into my driveway b/c of the trees around my house.

Mine takes about 30 seconds for the radio to reacquire signal after backing out and clearing the treeline.
Thanks for your reply. It still does not reacquire when I am miles from the house. Only reacquires when I stop and shut off the car and re-start. One other person mentioned a buffer which could be the issue.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Cape Schrod
Intermediate

Default Buffer

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
Your car has a buffer built in. It's possible that when you pull in you're playing on the buffer and you turn the car off before the buffer runs out.

Next time you pull in, sit in your car for 30 extra seconds and see if the radio cuts off.
Thanks. I will try it and let you know. Never had the issue with my previous Corvette's and other GM cars.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:53 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Cape Schrod
Thanks. I will try it and let you know. Never had the issue with my previous Corvette's and other GM cars.
All depends on placement of the antenna in the car. The C7 I think has the antenna in the front fender? I could be wrong but that's what I was told when they replaced my antenna.

I think the C6 had them in the mirrors.

Get notified of new replies

To Sirius XM 2014 Vert Vet erratic operation

Quick Reply: Sirius XM 2014 Vert Vet erratic operation