C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Constraint Reports

Old 10-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by OH THREE Z
I have been told by my dealer that my Z06 allocation will be accepted tomorrow 10/16 so it appears that we will be making headway this week!

Does anyone know if constrained options are granted 1st come first serve (meaning early Thursday order submission on workbench) or is it a completely random process.
You lucky dog!! Congrats to you.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,066 Likes on 6,168 Posts

I have been told by my dealer that my Z06 allocation will be accepted tomorrow 10/16 so it appears that we will be making headway this week!

Does anyone know if constrained options are granted 1st come first serve (meaning early Thursday order submission on workbench) or is it a completely random process.
Constrained options are granted to your dealer along with the allocation. It has nothing to do with order submission timing. If your dealer gets an allocation, and that allocation allows any items on constraint that are in your order then, and only then, can the dealer assign your order to that allocation. Your order could be entered tomorrow or it could have been entered 2 months ago. That makes no difference. Some dealers enter orders as soon as the customer specifies their configuration, some wait until they get an allocation (with matching constraints) and then enter the order. Again, makes no difference.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:36 PM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 476 Likes on 278 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Constrained options are granted to your dealer along with the allocation. It has nothing to do with order submission timing. If your dealer gets an allocation, and that allocation allows any items on constraint that are in your order then, and only then, can the dealer assign your order to that allocation. Your order could be entered tomorrow or it could have been entered 2 months ago. That makes no difference. Some dealers enter orders as soon as the customer specifies their configuration, some wait until they get an allocation (with matching constraints) and then enter the order. Again, makes no difference.
Okay, trying to understand this... so when I finalize my order tomorrow I will know at that point what options I can pair with my car? Or will it be Tuesday morning before I know what I can or can not get. My dealer stated that we will submit a back up order so I assume it is the latter. I am ordering a non Z07 with CFZ and the painted standard roof being my potential pitfalls.

Thanks for your info/help
Old 10-15-2014, 10:23 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Okay, trying to understand this... so when I finalize my order tomorrow I will know at that point what options I can pair with my car? Or will it be Tuesday morning before I know what I can or can not get. My dealer stated that we will submit a back up order so I assume it is the latter. I am ordering a non Z07 with CFZ and the painted standard roof being my potential pitfalls.

Thanks for your info/help
Tomorrow your dealer will know exactly what his allocations are and what constrained items he can order. I assume that you are the first person in line for a Z06 at this dealer.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:51 AM
OH THREE Z
Melting Slicks

Received 476 Likes on 278 Posts
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Tomorrow your dealer will know exactly what his allocations are and what constrained items he can order. I assume that you are the first person in line for a Z06 at this dealer.
Yes, first of his 2 allocated units for MY 2015. I'm surprised that my order was pulled this early to be honest given his volume. (Sold 15 stingrays last year)
Old 10-23-2014, 07:35 PM
mike-ss1
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order with constraints

I am in mid-west Florida and had a decent conversation with the dealership today about my order. I had not gotten the full scoop regarding constraints. The dealer has 18 orders, several which are Z06.

My order is a Torch Red Z51 (constraint) 3LT with the visible CF roof (constraint), red calipers with black wheels and red interior. The inventory manager believes that it will be no issue getting the car ordered....at some point! I just have no idea how long this is going to be.

This is my first Corvette and I hope that I actually get the car!!!!

Sitting, and trying to be patient in Florida......
Old 10-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Rakkasan
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mike-ss1
I am in mid-west Florida and had a decent conversation with the dealership today about my order. I had not gotten the full scoop regarding constraints. The dealer has 18 orders, several which are Z06.

My order is a Torch Red Z51 (constraint) 3LT with the visible CF roof (constraint), red calipers with black wheels and red interior. The inventory manager believes that it will be no issue getting the car ordered....at some point! I just have no idea how long this is going to be.

I know what you mean because I'm sitting here in Florida doing the same thing.

This is my first new Corvette, 3LT, Z51, Laguna blue convertible with black interior and MSRC. It sat at 1100 for six weeks before it finally jumped to 3000 today. It's an experience, and I've learned a great deal. Reading some of the threads about dealers giving me a line, etc had me thinking I should just cancel my order, but I'm finding that patience is the most important thing you need. I wasn't about to give up on a Z51 simply because there was a constraint against it. For the amount of money I'm paying, and this being my first new vette, I am determined to get what I want.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:22 AM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mike-ss1

That's sorta like a fortune teller saying "someone in your family has died" well, yeah, at some point everyone has someone in their family that has died since no one lives forever :-)

We'll all get a Z06 eventually. I want them to tell me that I'll have one in the spring of 2015 however, not "eventually" that could me 2016, 2017...
Old 11-06-2014, 08:47 AM
ckwhite
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JackTripper
Thank you. I will hopefully receive "the call" tomorrow.
Long overdue for "the call" from my dealer. Z51 and chrome wheels have been on constraint but he should get an allocation this month and he has assured me that I'm next on his order list. Only question is will that allocation include my constrained options.

Last edited by ckwhite; 11-06-2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: add
Old 11-20-2014, 10:28 PM
ckwhite
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Just wondering. Is there any report for 11/20?
Old 11-21-2014, 11:57 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ckwhite
Just wondering. Is there any report for 11/20?
Just posted.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:17 PM
08Indy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts

OK, So I order a car yesterday. It is a Z51 which is on constraint, it will have the carbon fiber roof, which is on constraint, as well as chrome wheels and carbon fiber dash, which I don't think either is on constraint. When would you predict the car will be built?
Old 11-25-2014, 01:22 PM
ckwhite
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 08Indy
OK, So I order a car yesterday. It is a Z51 which is on constraint, it will have the carbon fiber roof, which is on constraint, as well as chrome wheels and carbon fiber dash, which I don't think either is on constraint. When would you predict the car will be built?
Depends on your dealer's allocations.
Shall I say that again?
Old 11-25-2014, 02:15 PM
08Indy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts

Not sure if your reply was trying to be helpful or not, but I'm not quite sure how I would know anything about how many allocations my dealer has, except to tell you they are one of the biggest in terms of corvette sales. They have roughly 70 on their lot. The dealers name is Coughlin, if that helps. Ordered the car yesterday and the Event Description states 1100 Preliminary Order Accepted. I'm just trying to learn more about the process. Thanks
Old 11-25-2014, 02:56 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 08Indy
Not sure if your reply was trying to be helpful or not, but I'm not quite sure how I would know anything about how many allocations my dealer has, except to tell you they are one of the biggest in terms of corvette sales. They have roughly 70 on their lot. The dealers name is Coughlin, if that helps. Ordered the car yesterday and the Event Description states 1100 Preliminary Order Accepted. I'm just trying to learn more about the process. Thanks
You'll be fine with Coughlin. They have plenty of allocations.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:20 PM
managerman
Pro

Received 230 Likes on 106 Posts

You'll be fine with Coughlin. They have plenty of allocations.
Let's hope so...I ordered my Z51 (no other constraints) on 11/4 from them...Still no allocation...Do you think because there are 70 cars on the lot GM is not giving them allocations until they sell down current inventory? I heard somewhere that GM changed how allocations are granted as of 11/1...but what do I know...I am probably being paranoid...just so excited to get my 1st Corvette!

-M

Last edited by managerman; 11-25-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:07 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Placed order with local dealer on 10-31-2014 and still no allocation. I am 1st in line at the dealer, and a repeat customer. Hard to understand why GM won't provide the allocations when dealers have deposits and pre-sold orders from customers who want to buy the new C7.

Get notified of new replies

To Constraint Reports

Old 11-25-2014, 11:09 PM
ckwhite
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
Placed order with local dealer on 10-31-2014 and still no allocation. I am 1st in line at the dealer, and a repeat customer. Hard to understand why GM won't provide the allocations when dealers have deposits and pre-sold orders from customers who want to buy the new C7.
.....and THAT is the million-dollar que$tion!

Old 11-26-2014, 07:30 AM
dlparsons
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
It's as simple as this. Supply and Demand. First, if they limit supply, there will be more demand. Second, they can only produce so many cars on the line, they have to look at how many they can produce and then they use Dealership seniority (how many cars did they order in the past) to determine who will get the largest piece of the pie. That's a version of customer loyalty which I can respect as a business person. Doesn't necessarily mean I like it, but I can respect that.

I would rather them limit the number of orders to the number of cars they can produce as they are doing. Alternatively, they could just accept everyone's orders and but then have them sit in limbo until there's room on the line - which could take months or even into the following model year. The way they are doing it, at least once an order is picked up by GM, they are moving through the system quickly now that production is up and running.

As a consumer, there are options. One can always order from a dealer that has allocations (there have been several on here advertising open allocations for M7) or you can choose to be loyal to the dealership that has worked with you in the past and wait until they get an open allocation.

If you are first in line at your dealership, they CAN tell you if they have any allocations for 2015. They may not be able to tell you when GM will let them use that allocation, but they DO know if they have one. Verify with your dealer to make sure they are getting an allocation, and don't buy a story about them now knowing, they were all told their allocations months ago.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:46 AM
Surly
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told my dealer had an allocation, but they didn't mention they did not have an allocation for two options. They did however show me the constraint percentages, but that didn't explain how often they receive allocations for those items. Just because an option says 50% doesn't mean that 1 out of every 2 allocation will have that option. So make sure you also ask if they have allocations for all your selected options.

The dealer told me they either order for their inventory or they can let the allocation go and another dealer can pick it up. I believe allocations are given out once a week. The issue I have with this is that isn't a sold order. They are building cars to sit on lots when my order doesn't even get picked up.

First American car order for me and it's very frustrating. I'm surprised that Chevy doesn't care if we purchase local or not. Purchasing local builds dealership relationships and strengthens our local economy. Just wondering how bad Detroit would be if nobody purchased locally.

Search this Thread