C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does stock exhaust sound like aftermarket exhausts from C6's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 02:04 PM
11Black-GS
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Does stock exhaust sound like aftermarket exhausts from C6's?

I had my first chance to see and hear a C7 in person the other day. The exhaust sounded very similar to my Corsa Sports on my C6....is that what stock sounds like in the C7's or is it possible the driver had an aftermarket exhaust?
Old 10-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,067 Likes on 6,169 Posts

Possible he had NPP (factory exhaust option).

Exhaust, performance, increases to 460 horsepower, aggressive exhaust sound, with 4" polished stainless-steel tips
Old 10-06-2014, 02:34 PM
zbrett
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by 11Black-GS
I had my first chance to see and hear a C7 in person the other day. The exhaust sounded very similar to my Corsa Sports on my C6....is that what stock sounds like in the C7's or is it possible the driver had an aftermarket exhaust?
I had Corsa Sports with a Corsa X-Pipe on my C6, and I have NPP on my C7. The NPP exhaust is a bit louder and deeper than the Corsa Sports. At the same time, NPP has exhaust management so you can dial it down the volume if you want to.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Stock exhaust is a mellow sounding system. When under power it does let you know the engine is putting out. My car is equipped with the stock system, I'm happy and will order it again unless forced otherwise. Does not sound like a Buick.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Many people will find the stock exhaust to be wimpy (sorry Larry). NPP is a nice compromise between the all too quiet standard exhaust and overly loud after market systems like BB Bullets (I had them on my C6).
Old 10-06-2014, 03:41 PM
bevo_87
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the stock exhaust because i like being stealthy when driving. I really don't get the need to be loud (and obnoxious in my opinion). The car speaks for itself and gets enough attention already. I just cannot stand hearing a Honda Accord with souped up exhaust shift and drive when they are 10 cars ahead of me in traffic. I was going back and forth on NPP vs standard exhaust. The day before i ordered mine, i was driving down the road and this souped up accord with an 16 year old came driving by making all kinds of exhaust noise. I was like "hell no, not for me" just was obnoxious. In my opinion....
Old 10-06-2014, 03:45 PM
plasboy
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 116 Posts

I heard several C7s this weekend and they generally sounded almost completely quiet. Don't know how they were equipped or set but thought they were lame.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:47 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by bevo_87
I have the stock exhaust because i like being stealthy when driving. I really don't get the need to be loud (and obnoxious in my opinion). The car speaks for itself and gets enough attention already. I just cannot stand hearing a Honda Accord with souped up exhaust shift and drive when they are 10 cars ahead of me in traffic. I was going back and forth on NPP vs standard exhaust. The day before i ordered mine, i was driving down the road and this souped up accord with an 16 year old came driving by making all kinds of exhaust noise. I was like "hell no, not for me" just was obnoxious. In my opinion....
You really can't compare a Honda with fart cans to an NPP equipped C7. Absurd comparison.
The following users liked this post:
ShadowGray19 (07-16-2019)
Old 10-06-2014, 03:48 PM
bevo_87
Racer

Just saying noise is noise. not trying to compare, but i don't care about more noise. Just my opinion. I like the professional look the C7 has and when i drive up, the looks are there without the noise of exhaust. I know most people like the noise of exhaust. I am just not into it. Makes me think of 16 year old in Honda Accord...lol

Last edited by bevo_87; 10-06-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:31 PM
drewauby5
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, I just got my C7 saturday and it has the stock non NPP exhaust and it was wimpy!!! I had my car for less than 24 hours and put the B&B PRT system on it and man..there is a rumble now and zero drone at cruising speeds. It sounds fantastic...Def better than the NPP option in my opinion as I had that on my C6 and really didn't like it. If anyone wants to hear the PRT if interested in buying let me know and I can take a soundclip.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Many people will find the stock exhaust to be wimpy (sorry Larry). NPP is a nice compromise between the all too quiet standard exhaust and overly loud after market systems like BB Bullets (I had them on my C6).
Don't be sorry, I'm happy.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:20 PM
Florida2000
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 51 Posts

You really can't compare a Honda with fart cans to an NPP equipped C7. Absurd comparison.

The exhaust note of a sports car does not have to be obnoxiously loud to be cool.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:24 PM
Florida2000
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 11Black-GS
I've had Borla's and Corsa's on C6's and the NPP on the C7 doesnt sound like either.

I have never heard a non-NPP C7 but I cant imagine it's anything like Corsa.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:52 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

FWIW, Bullets on a C7 are nowhere as loud as on a C6.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:00 PM
plasboy
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by drewauby5
Guys, I just got my C7 saturday and it has the stock non NPP exhaust and it was wimpy!!! I had my car for less than 24 hours and put the B&B PRT system on it and man..there is a rumble now and zero drone at cruising speeds. It sounds fantastic...Def better than the NPP option in my opinion as I had that on my C6 and really didn't like it. If anyone wants to hear the PRT if interested in buying let me know and I can take a soundclip.
I'd love to hear it.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

That's why the car has "Stealth Mode". I haven't tried it yet.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:49 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Just saying noise is noise. not trying to compare, but i don't care about more noise. Just my opinion. I like the professional look the C7 has and when i drive up, the looks are there without the noise of exhaust. I know most people like the noise of exhaust. I am just not into it. Makes me think of 16 year old in Honda Accord...lol
If you're saying noise is noise and it reminds you of a 16yo in a honda accord then you SHOULD have bought the NPP and left it in Stealth mode (quieter than the standard exhaust)

Sounds like you'd be #1 in line for the V6 Corvette.

Some of us youngins' like a little noise with our sports car.

Get notified of new replies

To Does stock exhaust sound like aftermarket exhausts from C6's?

Old 10-07-2014, 12:15 AM
bevo_87
Racer

No need for a V6, it goes into 4 cylinder mode on its own... lol No need to hate, it is just my opinion and what i like. The standard exhaust is plenty noisy for me. It is perfect. No need to pay to have more noise.. once again, in my opinion. But, i say the same thing about the Z51 package. I don't like the looks of it, feel like the CG Vette looks better without the spoiler and the sump pump cooler is a waste of money if you don't track. Just another thing to break. in my opinion. I just like the base Vette with base exhaust. Just what i like.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:55 AM
oyealiz
Team Owner

Received 232 Likes on 119 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'16

Seriously!!!

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
If you're saying noise is noise and it reminds you of a 16yo in a honda accord then you SHOULD have bought the NPP and left it in Stealth mode (quieter than the standard exhaust)

Sounds like you'd be #1 in line for the V6 Corvette.

Some of us youngins' like a little noise with our sports car.
You got that right!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:04 AM
396tears
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Mine is stock and I love it

WOT and it sounds like an outgoing missile from a DDG!!!!!

Quick Reply: Does stock exhaust sound like aftermarket exhausts from C6's?