Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a Year Since October 8Th 2013!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 08:39 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

Default What a Year Since October 8Th 2013!!!

It has been a year ago today that I half heartedly made a 2 hour trip to Columbus Ohio in my 8 month old GS to trade for an AW/torch red C7
I had not seen the color in person and did not know what to expect. The dealer Dave Gill in Columbus offered me a great deal.... $2500 off MSRP in July when no one was dealing on the Z51s and no money down!!!

I called the sales manager Matt Ringlien on the way down and said if I don't fall for the car I'm not taking it. Matt said why would we expect you to take it IF you did not love it??? Fair enough.

This was my first sight of the car:

Out with the 8 month old GS and in with the new....

Took a test drive...WOW!!!!! Matt had given me $48K for the GS... I had paid $52K a year earlier sight unseen. When he saw the car he upped the offer another $1K. What he did not realize I would have PAID him more to get the C7!!! What a great dealer!!!!!!! With the tax credit I basically drove the GS for free!!!

They had the car around back to "protect" it from the public. Protect it what does that mean???? After the test drive I pulled out front to get pictures next to the GS. I found out want protected meant.... People driving by were pulling into the lot to take pictures!!! What the heck??? You all know the rest of that story.

Came home to Canton Ohio....less then an hour from Corsa. I like the Corsa guys so they used the car as one of their prototypes to design the new exhaust. That was a very interestion experience as I learned so much from them.

Dyno day:

Prototype tips ( did not turn out to be too popular)

And here is baby at home:

And it gets better..... While Corsa was playing with the car I fell into a groups of racers who frequent MiD Ohio. I've been out there 3 times and love it. Last winter I saw on Corvette Nation... a segment on Spring Mountain....never heard of it...... Well why not?? But why go alone when my son live in San Diego. Would make a nice memory right??? Good father son deal or course!!! Son said you know I'll go be just for you not into it that much. After that event he went home and ordered his own C7!!

My car ready for Mid Ohio:

And here's my sons story:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...san-diego.html

SO here I am one year later.......... October 8th!!!! Oh I am getting on a plane for Vegas this afternoon....... Session 2 of Spring Mountain. Yes my son is coming in too......... he's Z06 shopping now!!!!

He loves it just misses his Acura dealer because SOCal Chevy dealers apparently don't "get it"

WOW what a year what a car!!!!!!!

Greg
Old 10-08-2014, 08:54 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Awesome
Old 10-08-2014, 09:13 AM
gottspd
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Awesome! Have fun!!
Old 10-08-2014, 09:33 AM
SSTG
Le Mans Master

Received 207 Likes on 137 Posts

Great story!
Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:44 AM
proexpert
Melting Slicks

Received 384 Likes on 237 Posts

you missed a spot LOL
Old 10-08-2014, 12:46 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

Originally Posted by proexpert
you missed a spot LOL
You are right but I have graduated to Road Warrior now. Painters tape works great until it get wet. Unbelievable how well Road Warrior works.

Now need to get some tearoffs for the windshield which takes a beating!!
Old 10-08-2014, 12:56 PM
rramjet
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

Great story.

My Blade Silver/AR, Z51 coupe is built and I'm waiting for courtesy delivery to our Winter location in Mesa AZ. later this month.

Hope to make a Spring Mountain visit myself this Winter.

Get notified of new replies

To What a Year Since October 8Th 2013!!!

Quick Reply: What a Year Since October 8Th 2013!!!