Old 10-10-2014, 02:27 PM
jagamajajaran
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,518 Likes on 2,319 Posts
C7 & C8 Events Correspondent
Tech Contributor
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year (track prepared)
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C7 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
2015 C7 of the Year
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Several years ago, I was in the right hand lane and was passed by a tractor-trailer being followed by another vehicle with several car lengths between the two. The tractor-trailer had a blowout and a huge piece of tire flew up and hit the car that was behind it. I saw the whole thing happen and then realized that pieces of glass had been sent hurling towards the driver's face and his face had begun to bleed in several places. The tractor-trailer driver appeared to have no idea that something had happened, so I motioned to the car driver that I was going to try to get the tractor-trailer to pull over. The tractor-trailer driver was in a big hurry and I chased him through heavy traffic for about 10 miles before I got him to pull over. Since that experience, I have made it a habit to never follow tractor-trailer rigs and when doing so is necessary, I leave even more distance between that I normally do when following other cars.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Guess the next C7 will have a PDR if I want it or not. Because of legal concerns probably will disable it, (hopefully only will need to pull the card). Thousand dollars wasted.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:36 PM
AustinVettes
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by abrimberry
I didn't know that. I just assumed since there is some protection below the doors that it was the option I ordered. I guess all Stingrays have some.
The option was cancelled unfortunately before it ever got put on a car. The clear plastic below the doors is standard on all of the cars. I'd take a quick look just to make sure the dealer took the option price out of your agreed upon price for your car.

Quick Reply: PDR Captures Tire Blowout