Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Corvett4Ever
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good winter tires for C7 Z51

Hi guys

This question about good winter / All-weather tires for my 2015 C7 Z51 model

Since the winter months are approaching fast, I was thinking to change the default summer only tires to winter / All-weather tires so that at least I can drive this beauty in the winter for couple of times rather than looking at it every day till winter ends My Questions are.

What should be the best option, Should I get winter tires or all-weather tires?
Which tires you guys recommend, and from where i can buy it? (Please share the tire model / code so that I can search it easily)
Is it cheaper to buy it from Dealer or outside market?
If I didn’t buy or install it through dealer will it affect the warranty?
Finally how much it will cost

Since Z51 require larger tires than the base model, I would like to get the same size of the winter tires as well.

Thanks
Old 10-21-2014, 08:37 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,362 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvett4Ever
Hi guys

This question about good winter / All-weather tires for my 2015 C7 Z51 model

Since the winter months are approaching fast, I was thinking to change the default summer only tires to winter / All-weather tires so that at least I can drive this beauty in the winter for couple of times rather than looking at it every day till winter ends My Questions are.

What should be the best option, Should I get winter tires or all-weather tires?
Which tires you guys recommend, and from where i can buy it? (Please share the tire model / code so that I can search it easily)
Is it cheaper to buy it from Dealer or outside market?
If I didn’t buy or install it through dealer will it affect the warranty?
Finally how much it will cost

Since Z51 require larger tires than the base model, I would like to get the same size of the winter tires as well.

Thanks
Good plan. What are the worst conditions you expect to be driving in? Where are you located?
Old 10-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Corvett4Ever
Advanced

Originally Posted by Woodson
Good plan. What are the worst conditions you expect to be driving in? Where are you located?
I'm expecting the worse because I live in north east (Boston)
Old 10-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Might as well go with full winter tires then. I'll be mounting Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 in stock sizes on aftermarket Z51 knock-off wheels.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:52 PM
-CM-
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

If you will be driving in full-on winter conditions, go with winter tires. I run all-season tires because I don't drive the car if it's really bad out.

Last edited by -CM-; 10-22-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:59 PM
emsguy
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Michelin Alpins on spare wheels is the only way to go. winter tires have done the job through 8 Chicago winters with no problems.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:04 PM
Corvett4Ever
Advanced

Originally Posted by -CM-
If you will be driving in full-on winter conditions, go with winter tires. I run all-season tires because I don't drove the car if it's really bad out.
I dont think I will drive every day in the winter but I will at least get it out and drive in the sunny days and when roads are little bit clean. and park inside when snowing again. basically I want to do this because

1. I want to drive it at least one or two times to get the feeling cause it doesn't make any sense for me to keep this monster inside without driving it.
2. And the other thing is I don't want to keep it in the same place till winter ends with it's summer only tires. cause I heard that will damage to the tire.

So basically I wont drive it too much in the winter, but some drivings. You know what I mean.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:10 PM
Corvett4Ever
Advanced

Originally Posted by emsguy
Michelin Alpins on spare wheels is the only way to go. winter tires have done the job through 8 Chicago winters with no problems.
Are you talking about the same tiers mentioned by "Woodson" in his post #4 ?

or are these different one? I think he mentioned about the same brand but Knockoff wheel, But you are talking about spare wheel.

May be I'm confused because I have no idea about those wheel types
Old 10-21-2014, 09:48 PM
IceMezzer
Racer

Where can I get a list of tires that will work on the Stock Z51 rims? I see on tirerack, they only have Pilot Sport A/S 3 All Season.. Runs about $1056 for all 4.. any other less expensive options anyone knows of?

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Are you talking about the same tiers mentioned by "Woodson" in his post #4 ?

or are these different one? I think he mentioned about the same brand but Knockoff wheel, But you are talking about spare wheel.

May be I'm confused because I have no idea about those wheel types
We both mean the same thing. An extra set of wheels that you just leave the winter tires on. You'll have to buy tire pressure sensors as well.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:01 PM
Dunga
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Some vendors here will sell you a set of wheels/tires. I live in planet iceland (aka minnesota) and you're not supposed to drive on the summer only michelline pilot ss <20 degrees. Anyways I went with Pirelli sotozeros. They have good reviews. I also got a set of tsw nurburgrings. Same size as the oem wheels. You definitely don't want to mount a different set of tires every 6 months, you're just asking for trouble since the run flats are really hard.

The whole process cost me about $3k.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:05 PM
Corvett4Ever
Advanced

Originally Posted by Woodson
We both mean the same thing. An extra set of wheels that you just leave the winter tires on. You'll have to buy tire pressure sensors as well.
For all the four tires + wheels + tire pressure units, roughly how much it will cost ?
Old 10-22-2014, 01:25 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

For all the four tires + wheels + tire pressure units, roughly how much it will cost ?
As above poster said, about $3k. But that's not the true cost because now your summers will last twice as long. Your incremental cost is wheels and sensors so less thank half of the $3k.

Get notified of new replies

To Good winter tires for C7 Z51

Quick Reply: Good winter tires for C7 Z51