I'm ready to order!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 01:34 PM
c7dreamer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm ready to order!

I think today is the day!
Ordering a 2015 z51 A8 torch red 2lt with red interior and black rims.

Will be adding the magnetic ride as well. I don't go to tracks but figuring the z51 package is worth it for the price.

Dealer says I will get $3,000 off Msrp.

Anything I should add to my order or ask for when I place the order?

Last edited by c7dreamer; 11-05-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Nate@VanBortelChevy
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 336 Likes on 126 Posts

If you're getting Torch Red w/Adrenaline Red and Black wheels then I recommend the following:

Red Calipers
Carbon Flash Hood Stinger
Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof Panel
Carbon Flash Painted Side Mirrors and Spoiler
Carbon Flash Badges

Old 11-05-2014, 01:43 PM
capecodvette
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by c7dreamer

Will be adding the magnetic ride as well. I don't go to tracks but figuring the z51 package is worth it for the price.

You should check MacMulkin Chevy website. They are offering deeper discounts...!!!!
Old 11-05-2014, 01:44 PM
LBinATL
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Decent amount of big dealers are now offering supplier/credit union/employee discounts. Ask your dealer if they would honor those. Otherwise, check with some forum dealers and save extra moolah!
Old 11-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Pocket Aces
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought you were talking about pizza. Now I'm all hungry.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:02 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,074 Likes on 6,173 Posts

You need to understand the allocation process and constraints. How many allocations does your dealer get each consensus cycle? If it is a low number, your order could sit for months. Z51 is constrained at 50%. The standard painted roof is constrained at 35%. The visible Carbon Fiber roof is constrained at 20%. Constraint Reports
Old 11-05-2014, 02:08 PM
Pocket Aces
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with CF mirrors, spoiler and badges. I would also opt for the dual roof option if it's not on constraint anymore. Not a big fan of the stripe packages.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:37 PM
c7dreamer
Intermediate

I am ordering through Boardwalk Chevrolet, the largest dealer in Norcal for Corvettes (also on the forum).

All the other dealers in the SF Bay Area barely get any C7s compared to them and offer no discounts off msrp.

Where in California could I get a better deal than this or close enough for me wanting to drive it home?

I sort of the like the black spoiler but I think I prefer the red top, red side mirrors, for a more consistent feel. When I tint the windows it will be the perfect amount of black.

As my name on here implies I have loved this car for a very long time and have been wanting to place my order for well over a year now.

I have waited and can wait for my order to come through in a few months but yeah, I don't want to overpay!
Old 11-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am ordering through Boardwalk Chevrolet, the largest dealer in Norcal for Corvettes (also on the forum).

All the other dealers in the SF Bay Area barely get any C7s compared to them and offer no discounts off msrp.

Where in California could I get a better deal than this or close enough for me wanting to drive it home?

I sort of the like the black spoiler but I think I prefer the red top, red side mirrors, for a more consistent feel. When I tint the windows it will be the perfect amount of black.

As my name on here implies I have loved this car for a very long time and have been wanting to place my order for well over a year now.

I have waited and can wait for my order to come through in a few months but yeah, I don't want to overpay!
That's not a bad deal and I doubt you'll find a much better deal in California. Another option would be to order from another large forum dealer and have sent as a courtesy delivery to a local dealership. You can definitely get more of a discount that way by just using the credit union discount. Here's a link to credit union site. You can do your build and see the discount there.

https://www.mygmdiscount.com/
Old 11-05-2014, 03:49 PM
c7dreamer
Intermediate

I can't seem to find a credit union that has a partnership with GM here in California. Also I am waiting to hear back from the dealer if they even accept the Credit Union discount at this time.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Algiers
Pro

I can't seem to find a credit union that has a partnership with GM here in California. Also I am waiting to hear back from the dealer if they even accept the Credit Union discount at this time.
There should be lots of national Credit Unions that would work. You just have to set up an account. You don't have to actually finance through them. I used PenFed.

It is up to the dealer's discretion if they choose to take it. There are several of the big forum dealers that are accepting it for sure if your dealer will not. I did it and paid $425 to have it courtesy delivered to a local dealership. It saved me over 6k on my order.

It's of course your call if you want to mess with it or not but it will certainly save some money and shouldn't take any longer to get your car. In fact, it might even be faster.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:08 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Just ordered...

I built the car myself starting with the 1LT package and worked up...got what I wanted.

Torch Red
Torch Red Removable one piece top
Adrenlene Red GT Seats
8 Speed Auto Trans
Multi-note Exhaust
Yellow Calipers
Z51 Appearance Pkg

My price: $56,920
MSRP; $60,505

I felt the same as the OP. It is so easy to add lots of extras that will suffer quick depreciation within the first 2 years, thereafter it will slow. I didn't need the HUD, or Nav system. Neat gadgets yes, but not worth the extra $$ to me.

I wanted the car to look hot, be a head turner and that is what I achieved. I won't track the car, but enjoy my first Vette at age 62. Finally!

Expected delivery mid to late Jan 2015 to New Mexico.
Attached Images    
Old 11-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Cheech Wizard
Le Mans Master

Location: Orlando, Florida, MY Corvette is BEST Corvette because MID-ENGINE!
Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts

Probably can't get a better deal than that anywhere on the West Coast, including Arizona & Nevada.

You can get supplier/credit union pricing from Fichtner in Montana...

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...u-members.html
Old 11-05-2014, 04:45 PM
c7dreamer
Intermediate

That is what I am thinking Cheech Wizard.
I really like the idea of saving another 3k but if that means a lot of more work on my end and not having a local dealer that cares about any concerns I may have then I guess it's worth the money to order local.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:03 PM
ckwhite
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

That is what I am thinking Cheech Wizard.
I really like the idea of saving another 3k but if that means a lot of more work on my end and not having a local dealer that cares about any concerns I may have then I guess it's worth the money to order local.
Once he has your order and deposit check (non-refundable?) even your local dealer may not give much of a rat's **** about your concerns.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:04 PM
c7dreamer
Intermediate

So it looks like ordering through MacMulkin is the way to go.
I will be getting about $6,000 off MSRP!
Thanks for the tips!
Old 11-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Algiers
Pro

Thanks for the tips!
Well done. Congrats.

Get notified of new replies

To I'm ready to order!

Old 11-05-2014, 07:25 PM
c7dreamer
Intermediate

I am trying to find a credit union and they don't seem to know about the GM program.
Do I just join any credit union?
Let me know which credit unions worked for you!
Old 11-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Algiers
Pro

I am trying to find a credit union and they don't seem to know about the GM program.
Do I just join any credit union?
Let me know which credit unions worked for you!
It's surprisingly simple. You need to go the GM website listed below and click on "program" on the upper left and register. It will show you a rather large list of credit unions and you should be able to use any number of them.

I used PenFed and you just need a military connection for it or need to donate 10-20 bucks to a veterans organization or donate to the Red Cross etc.

The credit union doesn't really need to have any involvement. The GM site will give you an authorization number that you pass on to the dealer. When the deal is finalized, you just need to send the dealer a membership card or statement or something to prove you are a member of the credit union.

https://www.mygmdiscount.com/
Old 11-05-2014, 07:38 PM
rothchilds
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks for the tips!
Yup, that's what I did this week. I reached out to Tim but he had enough sold orders to take him thru the rest of the year, so he wasn't so keen on credit union pricing. I went thru Macmulkin and was going to do a courtesy delivery, but figured what the hell, for a little more I did museum delivery and will just road trip home. Cant wait, sent off my deposit to them on Monday. Would like to have done business with a West Coast dealer, but doing anything in California lately is next to impossible.

Quick Reply: I'm ready to order!