Sponsored by:

My wife disapproved, but then...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 02:47 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,212 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
I think my wife was more excited about replacing my C6 with a C7 than I was.

Of course, her daily driver is a Z06
I'm pretty sure I hate you...
Old 12-01-2014, 09:57 PM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by brentano
My wife fought me "tooth and nail" about me getting this car. "Are you crazy, why would you want to do this?

About a week after getting it she was looking at it in the garage and said, "You know, I think I am starting to come around".

Vindication
That goes away especially when you take it to a car show or event and everyone tells you what a great looking car you have !!! Unless you are a real car guy or gal it just takes a little longer !!! Now my wife is just as anxious as I am to take the car out for a drive especially when you have lunch-- dinner or whatever the event is at that moment !!! Wayne
Old 12-01-2014, 10:09 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,574 Likes on 1,644 Posts

Old 12-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Second Vette
Drifting

Received 642 Likes on 327 Posts

I bought my 2014 C7 Z51 from an out of State Dealer on the Internet while my Wife was out of Town visiting her Father.

I told her about it when she came Home a couple of days later.

She knew I was looking for a new Car, but we never got into the specifics.

Up to that point I only sat inside a new C7 at the local Dealer. The guy was asking $15,000 over MSRP at the time. Finding one without the markup the end of last December made the decision an easy one.

Just sold the Car due to some Health and Financial setbacks. If things get better, maybe I'll do the same when a C7 Z06 comes along at the right price while the Wife is out of Town. You never know. LOL
Old 12-02-2014, 09:10 AM
fredl11
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 32 Posts

Default My new

Originally Posted by BUCKNERBUCK2
If your other car is a prius I can only imagine what driving a car with a soul feels like I get more excited about the spin cycle on my washing machine than I would a prius!
Motto and headstone engraving
Old 12-02-2014, 09:58 AM
1SG_Ret
Melting Slicks

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by brentano
My wife fought me "tooth and nail" about me getting this car. "Are you crazy, why would you want to do this?
I never could get my head around that attitude. Unless it presents a financial hardship and it's not the families main means of transportation..

Sorry, but my wife, (bless her heart), has always been just the opposite with me. If I want something, she is my biggest cheerleader to get it.

Congrats on the car, it's a beauty for sure.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Daemek
Racer

Received 175 Likes on 72 Posts

This sounds very familiar to me. My wife fought me for months before I ordered my car. Last weekend we took her car, 2013 ss camaro, to the beach and she actually complained we never get to ride in my 2015 corvette. She has her daily driver, I have mine and then we normally drive the weekend Buick together. From saying she didn't like the corvette/didn't want me getting one, to saying she wanted to ride in it more often is a huge turn around.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

My wife loved the idea from the start (our first Vette) and she picked the color. She has driven it but only a couple times and prefers I drive. Darn!!

Quick Reply: My wife disapproved, but then...