Sponsored by:

Bringing Daytona Sunrise into the interior

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 02:28 PM
6SHIFTIN
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bringing Daytona Sunrise into the interior

Waiting to jump into a 2016 Daytona Sunrise Z06 Vert with Black Top and Dark Gray interior. Not so easy to get this happening in 2015 here in Canada.

For those with Daytona Sunrise and Black or Gray interior, any thoughts about trying to bring some of that glorious orange into the inside. i.e. Orange stitching with the marker technique or some other aftermarket accents or painting of plastic dash piece etc.?
Attached Images   
Old 11-30-2014, 02:35 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Good idea. Just wait awhile and all the vendors of interiors will have orange thread, even orange leather parts to go with the exterior.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:37 PM
SSTG
Le Mans Master

Received 207 Likes on 137 Posts

Man that Vert looks sharp!
Old 11-30-2014, 06:18 PM
mdiiulio
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 110 Posts

Start with the fabric dye on all stitching (black int). I did mine and blue and it made a much bigger difference than anticipated.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:52 PM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTG
Old 11-30-2014, 07:55 PM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Originally Posted by 6SHIFTIN

For those with Daytona Sunrise and Black or Gray interior,
Am I crazy in thinking a Gray interior would be absolutely awful with Daytona Sunrise?

BTW Daytona Sunrise and black looks great.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:59 PM
Koufax
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 142 Posts

Yes you are crazy. Gray is so neutral it goes with anything. Now Kalahari ....
Old 11-30-2014, 08:16 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTG
Old 11-30-2014, 08:18 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by Corgidog1
Am I crazy in thinking a Gray interior would be absolutely awful with Daytona Sunrise?

Remember, the gray on the Z06 is dark gray - not the same color as on the Stingray.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:43 PM
keeks2915
Drifting

Received 154 Likes on 42 Posts

Waiting to jump into a 2016 Daytona Sunrise Z06 Vert with Black Top and Dark Gray interior. Not so easy to get this happening in 2015 here in Canada.

For those with Daytona Sunrise and Black or Gray interior, any thoughts about trying to bring some of that glorious orange into the inside. i.e. Orange stitching with the marker technique or some other aftermarket accents or painting of plastic dash piece etc.?
Beautiful car and choice.

You have a better chance of seeing God, then getting that car in Canada and if you do it will be $125k....
Old 11-30-2014, 10:25 PM
6SHIFTIN
Pro

Originally Posted by keeks2915
Beautiful car and choice.

You have a better chance of seeing God, then getting that car in Canada and if you do it will be $125k....
No no, we will get a few , especially as the U.S. demand gets satisfied later in 2015. Our pricing is about 1.11 times the U.S. price and more or less in line with our currency conversion.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:41 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

That vert looks great! Cdn, order in with Mar/Apr delivery and DSOM with black, and those grey rims which I love the look of. I will be looking closely at 3rd party interior CF parts... Those are my rims though and that looks great. Where did you do that in a build site as I would like to do similar with the Coupe for my own order specs?

Last edited by AllFlash; 11-30-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:21 AM
keeks2915
Drifting

No no, we will get a few , especially as the U.S. demand gets satisfied later in 2015. Our pricing is about 1.11 times the U.S. price and more or less in line with our currency conversion.
If you personally end up with a DSOM z06 in Canada for under $125 all included I will drive up and take your family out for dinner .......at ANY restaurant you choose.... Not going to happen unless you have a connection with a dealer somehow... Just a miniscule allotment coming up here and they will all be spoken for the unwashed masses get a chance at them.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:07 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

From Southern Ontario, Canada, and got my order through a dealer I discovered by phone with final cost of $96, 545 pre-tax for DSOM Z06 Coupe, auto, 2LT Blk Interior, CF mirrors, PDR/Nav, Stinger, grey Spectre Wheels, Bat Protection. We are at $109,095 all in and I have an order confirmed by GM.

Having said that, I called EVERY Vette dealer in Canada to find my 'straggler allocation' that was missed by buyers, counting a total 28 allocations along the way. I have since been made to believe that allocation count may have increased to a maximum 40 but I haven't heard of any later allocation for Canada yet. My deliver is a Mar/Apr delivery guaranteed by GM and the dealership. There are a VERY high number of people in Canada who have a deposit in with dealers in hope of later allocations, significantly higher than any later allocation number that could be achieved I believe. I was shown a waiting list at Canada's largest vette seller well into 2016 even before I found my allocation. Good luck in the end as Lady Luck contributed significantly to my circumstance.

Even with a vert, you can still end way below that 120K and win that free family night out, especially with low tax Provinces like Alberta who pays no additional HST, eliminating that additional 13% (12K). As well, our price is really not 1.1 times the US price when you calculate present exchange rate, and in fact, my total with exchange calculated would drop to $95937 US out the door... see if you can get that for the same in the US and also don't forget NOT to add gas guzzler tax.

Present tense, I have fairly persistent interest with a buyer willing to buy out my allocation for 5K and know of similar with at least one fellow buyer. Not a chance! Many seem to believe this type of allocation 'buy out' offer will reach 10K without a later allocation that could accomodate all. My dealer has also informed me that they have refused higher purchase offers (I think this is one in the same person) as they are a single Z06 recipient and all is locked in with GM already. Also, there a few US models being shipped in for resale, all of which will of course be above that 120K and will still sell without difficulty, understanding of course that they have to sell here as used vehicles and do not have warranty coverage for 12K miles, unless an arrangement is made with the selling dealer AND not GM for that lost warranty coverage. This is very risky and I know of a 2014 US model sale in Canada, where the car originated in Illinois and the tranny had to be replaced. That specific instance required the car to be returned to the selling dealer in the US for warranty, from Southern Ontario.

Having said all of this... I don't believe anything until I am sitting behind that wheel eheh. I have a contingency plan in any case, however, as I am only 10 min from the border.

Last edited by AllFlash; 12-01-2014 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:49 AM
JRYELLOWCORVETTE
Burning Brakes

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

That color would look great with a tan or beigh interior!
Old 12-01-2014, 08:27 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by Corgidog1

Not crazy, but light gray doesn't look bad with orange at all imo.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:32 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

just me, but I'd stop at the threads...I think they would look good but if it's a black interior, orange on the dash would be too much halloween for me, I'd do carbon flash instead to match the exterior surface vents...like this:

maybe the steering bezel in the same orange:

but if you must, paint here:

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/tou...2015/corvette/

best pens for fabric threads:

http://www.uchida.com/c-23-fabric-pa...-markers.aspx#

Last edited by Glen e; 12-01-2014 at 08:41 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Bringing Daytona Sunrise into the interior

Old 12-01-2014, 11:15 AM
keeks2915
Drifting

Originally Posted by AllFlash
From Southern Ontario, Canada, and got my order through a dealer I discovered by phone with final cost of $96, 545 pre-tax for DSOM Z06 Coupe, auto, 2LT Blk Interior, CF mirrors, PDR/Nav, Stinger, grey Spectre Wheels, Bat Protection. We are at $109,095 all in and I have an order confirmed by GM.

Having said that, I called EVERY Vette dealer in Canada to find my 'straggler allocation' that was missed by buyers, counting a total 28 allocations along the way. I have since been made to believe that allocation count may have increased to a maximum 40 but I haven't heard of any later allocation for Canada yet. My deliver is a Mar/Apr delivery guaranteed by GM and the dealership. There are a VERY high number of people in Canada who have a deposit in with dealers in hope of later allocations, significantly higher than any later allocation number that could be achieved I believe. I was shown a waiting list at Canada's largest vette seller well into 2016 even before I found my allocation. Good luck in the end as Lady Luck contributed significantly to my circumstance.

Even with a vert, you can still end way below that 120K and win that free family night out, especially with low tax Provinces like Alberta who pays no additional HST, eliminating that additional 13% (12K). As well, our price is really not 1.1 times the US price when you calculate present exchange rate, and in fact, my total with exchange calculated would drop to $95937 US out the door... see if you can get that for the same in the US and also don't forget NOT to add gas guzzler tax.

Present tense, I have fairly persistent interest with a buyer willing to buy out my allocation for 5K and know of similar with at least one fellow buyer. Not a chance! Many seem to believe this type of allocation 'buy out' offer will reach 10K without a later allocation that could accomodate all. My dealer has also informed me that they have refused higher purchase offers (I think this is one in the same person) as they are a single Z06 recipient and all is locked in with GM already. Also, there a few US models being shipped in for resale, all of which will of course be above that 120K and will still sell without difficulty, understanding of course that they have to sell here as used vehicles and do not have warranty coverage for 12K miles, unless an arrangement is made with the selling dealer AND not GM for that lost warranty coverage. This is very risky and I know of a 2014 US model sale in Canada, where the car originated in Illinois and the tranny had to be replaced. That specific instance required the car to be returned to the selling dealer in the US for warranty, from Southern Ontario.

Having said all of this... I don't believe anything until I am sitting behind that wheel eheh. I have a contingency plan in any case, however, as I am only 10 min from the border.
He lives in ontario so he will be paying 13% without a doubt. No way around it.

The point is, all the allotments for the Z06 will be spoken for by $ guys and people with family connections to dealers.

Someone off the street will NOT get an ordered Z06 with options for under $125k Canadian if at all...I would love to be proved wrong!
Old 12-01-2014, 11:29 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

But that's what I just said... I am that guy off the street, who checked and made a phone call, not a $ guy and def no dealership connections....well below the 120k. I don't think it could be duplicated again though without a late allocation and stroke of luck getting ahead of the waiting lists.
Old 12-01-2014, 12:36 PM
6SHIFTIN
Pro

Originally Posted by Glen e
just me, but I'd stop at the threads...I think they would look good but if it's a black interior, orange on the dash would be too much halloween for me, I'd do carbon flash instead to match the exterior surface vents...like this:

maybe the steering bezel in the same orange:

but if you must, paint here:

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/tou...2015/corvette/

best pens for fabric threads:

http://www.uchida.com/c-23-fabric-pa...-markers.aspx#
Thanks for the comments Glen. I had seen your previous post about what you did with CF on the console and like it. Thanks for the paint and fabric marker sources.

Last edited by 6SHIFTIN; 12-01-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Bringing Daytona Sunrise into the interior