C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look what the valet did with my C7 tonight...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 01:35 AM
Davids65
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 86 Posts

As someone who learned to drive a stick shift while valet parking cars at 16 I think long and hard before I let anyone valet park any of my cars. I never valet parked my Porsche and I don't think I will valet park the corvette either.
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Im thinking some think it is a status thing by having a valet park your car and you get to drive up front so all can see the car. Not saying this was this case but have heard of this before.

Also nice of hiim to put his face to the camera. lol.
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 287 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by AllFlash
I would do the smart thing. Find out who runs the valets and that company where you attended. Explain and show the video to both asking what you can expect might be the corrective action for something like this. Mention to them that your local TV station and news would be very interested in seeing a new corvette reach 50 miles an hour in that parking garage. Then sit back and enjoy.

The new Vette reaching that speed in a parking garage IS NEWS!
Might be interesting if the valet took out some cars or figured out a way to swan dive off the side of the building. Getting on a Corvette in a parking ramp is too first world problem. Hell, I've done similar when i was younger. Sounds cool. Kinda like when you go through a tunnel and you suddenly feel like rolling the windows down and being obnoxious.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:43 AM
dcowles
Racer

Received 186 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by S'vette
Im thinking some think it is a status thing by having a valet park your car and you get to drive up front so all can see the car. Not saying this was this case but have heard of this before.

Also nice of hiim to put his face to the camera. lol.
Not really a status symbol for me. Valet parking was included in the concert that I went to today. In Orange County, expensive, exotic cars are pretty normal around here. There were plenty of Mercedes, BMW's and a few Porsche's tonight. The funny thing is that for most people in OC, if given the choice between a European or an American car, they would usually pick the European car (for the status symbol). You don't see too many Corvette's on the road here (even C6's); you are more likely to see a Porsche, or even a Lambo then you are a C7.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:40 AM
LuvnMyC7
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Da Hawk
Can you imagine what would have happened if that other car coming from the opposite direction came around the corner as he hit 50 MPH?? What if he lost control of this beast and went sideways? Other than my wife and people I trust, no one else is driving my car unless they are pulling it in for routine service.
Come on, do you reaaaaallly trust your wife???? Or are you just covering your ***!!! You can tell the truth, we won't tell!!
Old 12-15-2014, 05:11 AM
quadeddie
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dcowles
Not really a status symbol for me. Valet parking was included in the concert that I went to today. In Orange County, expensive, exotic cars are pretty normal around here. There were plenty of Mercedes, BMW's and a few Porsche's tonight. The funny thing is that for most people in OC, if given the choice between a European or an American car, they would usually pick the European car (for the status symbol). You don't see too many Corvette's on the road here (even C6's); you are more likely to see a Porsche, or even a Lambo then you are a C7.

I vacation in Newport/Costa Mesa for a few weeks each summer. Weekends in the summer are a total car show, the likes of which I haven't seen anywhere else.
Old 12-15-2014, 06:29 AM
AFVETTE
Team Owner

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Valet Parking is much like watching sausage being made - you shouldn't do it. however if you choose to let someone else drive your car there's a good chance it won't be treated as you would like.

I guess I don't have the life style, so I don't understand letting a complete stranger take possession of what is probably the second most expensive item you own.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:13 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

While I agree w. AF and Gary above, sometimes it really is unavoidable to have parking only by valet. It's that or nothing. In which case, the choice is to take another car if you have one.

And as bad as the head on crash would've been in that garage, almost as bad would have been someone backing out and this jerk not being able to stop. Yeah, OC's got more expensive and flashy cars, but it's also got the same number of jerks working as everywhere else. Unfortunately, that is/may be the price one has to pay to have their car parked by someone else.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:26 AM
CanadianVetster
Drifting

Received 161 Likes on 87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelderGuy View Post
Why was he looking at the front of the car? Did he run into the wall?
I saw that and checked the front end of my car and didn't see anything fortunately.
Why is that unfortunate?
Did you want or hope to see a mark or crack?
50 Mph? Big deal.... If it hit 7000rpm or 1.0+ G's then maybe you would have something to complain about.

Move on and reconsider using a valet
Enjoy your ride, it's still cool....
Old 12-15-2014, 07:47 AM
lggque
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 1 Post

Exactly why I never valet my C7. My CTS...sure..C7 hell no!
Old 12-15-2014, 08:01 AM
01VETTECOP
Safety Car

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't feel sorry for you one bit. Why would you let anyone park your car, let alone in a parking garage !
Old 12-15-2014, 08:08 AM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 01VETTECOP
I don't feel sorry for you one bit. Why would you let anyone park your car, let alone in a parking garage !
Harsh!

I'd only Valet my car if it stayed up front in the "nice car" area.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:36 AM
theanswriz42
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In 8 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08, '15

Originally Posted by runutzzzzz
Harsh!

I'd only Valet my car if it stayed up front in the "nice car" area.
The Valets always leave my Vette up front so I don't worry about it.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:38 AM
mjw930
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Honestly, I don't see the big deal. I've done a hell of a lot worse on parking garages and considering he was probably in an area where only Valets were driving the risk was fairly low.

It's just a car......
Old 12-15-2014, 08:41 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by 01VETTECOP
This is the downfall of this site; a crap load of armchair quarterbacks who would rather find the time to insult the OP than just appreciate the post for what it is. You sound like some 80 yr old lady...
Old 12-15-2014, 08:41 AM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

I use valet parking all the time where parking can be a PITA. It's not a status thing, its a convenience thing.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:49 AM
VINDIC8R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by silky1
...stop letting people "park" your cars.

What have we learned here?

Get notified of new replies

To Look what the valet did with my C7 tonight...

Old 12-15-2014, 09:02 AM
SSTG
Le Mans Master

Received 207 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by mjw930
Honestly, I don't see the big deal. I've done a hell of a lot worse on parking garages and considering he was probably in an area where only Valets were driving the risk was fairly low.

It's just a car......
It's called respect for someone else's property.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:12 AM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by WelderGuy
Why was he looking at the front of the car? Did he run into the wall?
I doubt it - I think he probably pulled up too close to one of those bumper things and the front fascia scraped over it. Same thing happens to my 370Z and is why I never get that close to them.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:15 AM
01VETTECOP
Safety Car

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by AllFlash
This is the downfall of this site; a crap load of armchair quarterbacks who would rather find the time to insult the OP than just appreciate the post for what it is. You sound like some 80 yr old lady...
Why are there so many little btches on this site. Be a man, get over it. Its called Freedom of Speech. Don't worry canada we will still protect you !

Quick Reply: Look what the valet did with my C7 tonight...