C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the 2015 Z06 aero plate part number?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 09:41 PM
VAmikeC7
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the 2015 Z06 aero plate part number?

Living in VA requires us to have front license plate, and I have a Z06 Grille coming tomorrow. I have searched Google endlessly but I am not getting any hits. Does anybody have an idea of the Z06 specific part number for the aero plate for the license?

Thanks!!

Popular Reply

08-14-2015, 11:08 PM
fanovettes
6th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Correct part numbers for Z06 Aero plate frame and fasteners

Like many other C7 Stingray owners, I prefer the look of the Z06 front grille. There are many posts and "How-To" videos that spell out the steps to swap out the grilles. The process is fairly straightforward.

Unfortunately, I live in a state that requires a front license plate. There is no need to start another debate about how a front plate ruins the look of the car. We can all agree that it looks far better without a plate, but the reality is that the majority of owners (32 out of 50 states) face this dilemma.

So what do we do? There are a few choices but some are better than others. There are several after-market options but I preferred OEM products. This leaves us with two choices. One is the "legal" front plate frame. Most agree that it is big and ugly. More importantly, it poses a risk of damaging the paint on the nose of the bumper cover. Not an option for me.

This leaves the Z06 "Aero" frame. It is quite a bit smaller than the legal frame. In fact, it is quite a bit smaller than the Aero frame on the Stingray. It is attached directly to the grille with two scrivets (screw+rivet?) just like the Stingray.

It is important to note that the Z06 scrivets are much larger than the ones on the Stingray.

What should have been a simple search for part numbers turned into a frustrating journey through many threads, posts, and Google searches. It became clear that there is a lot of confusion on what parts are actually needed and lots of conflicting information re part numbers out there.

I went to my local Chevy dealer and ordered the Z06 grille, the aero frame and the scrivets that the Parts Dept. said were correct for the frame. As many people have posted, the ones that came were identical to the ones on the Stingray and far too small to fit the Z06 aero frame. It took some sleuthing to track down the right scrivets but eventually we figured it out.

Here is what you need to order if you want a Z06 grille and aero frame:

Z06 grille - part # 22790956
Z06 aero frame - part # 22830070
Z06 scrivets - part # 23129601 (one to a package, you'll need to order 2).

When you order the aero frame, you'll get another black "Corvette" insert panel with it. I'm not positive, but I don't think you can get the aero frame without it.

As mentioned above, the scrivets attach securely to the grille. To remove the front plate, just unscrew it from the frame, then unscrew the screws that form the male parts of the scrivets. The female parts of the scrivets remain attached to the frame and you just pop it out of the grille.

Keep in mind, the aero frame is not legal in some states that have a minimum height above the ground requirement. As a result, GM does not pre-drill license plate holes in the frame. However, with a wink, they do mark the correct locations and it is a simple process to drill the holes yourself. You can barely see them in the photo below but they are very obvious in person. If in doubt, lay the license plate on the frame and use it as a template. Yes, you will want to bend the plate a bit in the middle to follow the "aero" shape of the frame.

Now it's time to review the grille swap videos one more time before diving in. Anyone want to buy a pristine Stingray grille?
Old 12-30-2014, 10:44 PM
TorqueDriver
Instructor

Originally Posted by VAmikeC7
Living in VA requires us to have front license plate, and I have a Z06 Grille coming tomorrow. I have searched Google endlessly but I am not getting any hits. Does anybody have an idea of the Z06 specific part number for the aero plate for the license?

Thanks!!
22830070 front aero panel

23142427 front aero panel bolts

There is also a license bracket for the 2015 Z06
Call forum vendor Cultrag Performance at 484-949-2099 and they can fill you in on all the options.

Marty

Last edited by TorqueDriver; 12-30-2014 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:00 AM
VAmikeC7
Racer

Love this forum! Thanks!

Originally Posted by TorqueDriver
22830070 front aero panel

23142427 front aero panel bolts

There is also a license bracket for the 2015 Z06
Call forum vendor Cultrag Performance at 484-949-2099 and they can fill you in on all the options.

Marty
Old 01-01-2015, 02:06 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Default Pardon the hijack but ...........

Happy New Year Gene ..............
Old 01-01-2015, 02:47 PM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

Hey Gene, can you let us know when you get these in, and a price for all 3 items? I see a lot of us are going the Z06 grille route so I know ill need this after my first ticket for no plate

Originally Posted by Gene Culley
Thank you for the referral. Some people are starting to get confused on the aero panel, bracket, retainers.

If you switch to the Z06 grille, you'll need 3 new items.

License plate bracket
New retainers
Aero panel that fits over the bracket

The part number given for the retainers is incorrect. GM originally said the retainers for the bracket are the same part number and that is what I was telling people as well, however there is a new update that the retainers are also now different.

I have some brackets in stock right now. No retainers yet since I thought they were the same and no aero panels in stock yet. I can order the items of course.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Horsefly
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Thank you for the referral. Some people are starting to get confused on the aero panel, bracket, retainers.

If you switch to the Z06 grille, you'll need 3 new items.

License plate bracket
New retainers
Aero panel that fits over the bracket

The part number given for the retainers is incorrect. GM originally said the retainers for the bracket are the same part number and that is what I was telling people as well, however there is a new update that the retainers are also now different.

I have some brackets in stock right now. No retainers yet since I thought they were the same and no aero panels in stock yet. I can order the items of course.
So Gene..........It takes all three of these parts to install a license plate to the Aero Panel as we did with the original C7 grill & Aero Panel, correct?
On the C7, we received an Aero Panel and a Front License Plate Holder. Most of us tossed the License Plate Holder & used the Aero Panel for the license plate.

Just trying to eliminate confusion and understand exactly what is needed to mount the License Plate to the Aero Panel on the Z06 grill.

And.........HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 01-01-2015, 04:08 PM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,415 Likes on 2,535 Posts

Just sayin'...pays to shop around for OEM GM parts & shipping prices!
Z06 frame uses the same 2 scrivets...included with every C7.

Last edited by C8Jake; 01-01-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:13 PM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

Originally Posted by C7Jake
All ya need to mount a Z06 frame are 2 scrivets...included with every C7.
I'm confused, can you elaborate? Is that part number all you need???
Old 01-01-2015, 04:14 PM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,415 Likes on 2,535 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkGrayStingray
I'm confused, can you elaborate? Is that part number all you need???
yes
Old 01-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Da Hawk
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by C7Jake
All ya need to mount a Z06 frame are 2 scrivets...included with every C7.
What is the part # for the two plastic retainers? Apparently, they are different from the Stingray retainers.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:12 PM
SharkGrayStingray
Drifting

Originally Posted by Da Hawk
What is the part # for the two plastic retainers? Apparently, they are different from the Stingray retainers.
well, he said they come with every C7. Mine came with 2 sets (4) of 23129615... don't know if he's correct though.

free upload pictures
Old 01-01-2015, 05:21 PM
FiremanC7
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Here is what came with my 2015 Z06:

Part Number: 23278405 - contains two (2) large "Scrivets"

Part Number: 22830070 - contains one (1) Aero Panel

Thats it. No plate mount. You would have to drill it to mount a plate.

Louisiana does not require a front plate, so I don't need these parts. Make me an offer by PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:28 PM
Gene Culley
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 160 Likes on 139 Posts

The issue we have is some people are referring to the bracket as the aero panel and there is actually a bracket and an aero panel.

You don't need the bracket for the aero panel. The Z06 aero panel and bracket do have different retainers from the stock grille. I can assist anyone who is interested in these items. Send me an email to gene@cultragperformance.com.

Shop Our Factory GM Parts Website

Old 01-15-2015, 06:30 PM
VAmikeC7
Racer

The issue we have is some people are referring to the bracket as the aero panel and there is actually a bracket and an aero panel.

You don't need the bracket for the aero panel. The Z06 aero panel and bracket do have different retainers from the stock grille. I can assist anyone who is interested in these items. Send me an email to gene@cultragperformance.com.
Gene/All,

I am having difficulty installing the new bracket/panel. The panel is definitely a perfect fit, however, the scrivets don't appear to be right. The ones that was sent to me are too small. They're the same size as the OEM C7 grill scrivets, and these need to be bigger, it looks like, for the Z06 grill. See pics for reference. The scrivets I received will not latch onto anything.

Gene,

I sent an email to you earlier expressing my concern. If I am doing something wrong, let me know.

Old 01-15-2015, 06:45 PM
VAmikeC7
Racer

Originally Posted by Da Hawk
This. They are different from what I see. I have the "stock c7 grill" scrivets and Z06 scrivets and they're the same. It won't attach to the aero plate bracket to latch onto the grill.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:08 PM
fanovettes
6th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Default Correct part numbers for Z06 Aero plate frame and fasteners

Like many other C7 Stingray owners, I prefer the look of the Z06 front grille. There are many posts and "How-To" videos that spell out the steps to swap out the grilles. The process is fairly straightforward.

Unfortunately, I live in a state that requires a front license plate. There is no need to start another debate about how a front plate ruins the look of the car. We can all agree that it looks far better without a plate, but the reality is that the majority of owners (32 out of 50 states) face this dilemma.

So what do we do? There are a few choices but some are better than others. There are several after-market options but I preferred OEM products. This leaves us with two choices. One is the "legal" front plate frame. Most agree that it is big and ugly. More importantly, it poses a risk of damaging the paint on the nose of the bumper cover. Not an option for me.

This leaves the Z06 "Aero" frame. It is quite a bit smaller than the legal frame. In fact, it is quite a bit smaller than the Aero frame on the Stingray. It is attached directly to the grille with two scrivets (screw+rivet?) just like the Stingray.

It is important to note that the Z06 scrivets are much larger than the ones on the Stingray.

What should have been a simple search for part numbers turned into a frustrating journey through many threads, posts, and Google searches. It became clear that there is a lot of confusion on what parts are actually needed and lots of conflicting information re part numbers out there.

I went to my local Chevy dealer and ordered the Z06 grille, the aero frame and the scrivets that the Parts Dept. said were correct for the frame. As many people have posted, the ones that came were identical to the ones on the Stingray and far too small to fit the Z06 aero frame. It took some sleuthing to track down the right scrivets but eventually we figured it out.

Here is what you need to order if you want a Z06 grille and aero frame:

Z06 grille - part # 22790956
Z06 aero frame - part # 22830070
Z06 scrivets - part # 23129601 (one to a package, you'll need to order 2).

When you order the aero frame, you'll get another black "Corvette" insert panel with it. I'm not positive, but I don't think you can get the aero frame without it.

As mentioned above, the scrivets attach securely to the grille. To remove the front plate, just unscrew it from the frame, then unscrew the screws that form the male parts of the scrivets. The female parts of the scrivets remain attached to the frame and you just pop it out of the grille.

Keep in mind, the aero frame is not legal in some states that have a minimum height above the ground requirement. As a result, GM does not pre-drill license plate holes in the frame. However, with a wink, they do mark the correct locations and it is a simple process to drill the holes yourself. You can barely see them in the photo below but they are very obvious in person. If in doubt, lay the license plate on the frame and use it as a template. Yes, you will want to bend the plate a bit in the middle to follow the "aero" shape of the frame.

Now it's time to review the grille swap videos one more time before diving in. Anyone want to buy a pristine Stingray grille?
The following 6 users liked this post by fanovettes:
blueray16 (11-26-2016), graj6 (06-09-2016), Green76 (03-06-2017), myc6toy (05-01-2018), NathanS (03-06-2017), rsvette12 (09-01-2017) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-31-2015, 09:23 PM
cbidwell
Intermediate

These may be dumb questions, but here they are: (1) what size holes to drill in the aero plate, and (2) are screws supplied for the front plate ?

Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To What is the 2015 Z06 aero plate part number?

Old 08-31-2015, 11:00 PM
WackyBob
Pro

Received 341 Likes on 115 Posts

Old 09-01-2015, 10:27 AM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by cbidwell
These may be dumb questions, but here they are: (1) what size holes to drill in the aero plate, and (2) are screws supplied for the front plate ?

Thanks.
The aero plate does not, I believe, come with screws. The holes should be sized to match whatever screws you use to attach the plate. If I told you drill 5/16" holes, and you bought 1/4 inch screws, you'd probably be unhappy with me.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:22 PM
SnowyATX
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 211 Posts

I having a bitc$ of a time installing the scrivets that came with my '17 Z06. It is CRAZY tight trying to snap them into place. I don't remember it being this hard on my '14 Stingray.

I found this thread and noticed the "hooks" on the scrivets are much larger than the ones in this thread. I wonder if these are an updated design or the wrong parts. I'm going to email my dealer but I'm curious if anyone received ones that look like the ones in my picture below. I've also included a picture that shows the P/N's on the bags that contained the Aero panel and the scrivets.

Quick Reply: What is the 2015 Z06 aero plate part number?