Sponsored by:

Less than 200 miles and the body is cracking

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 06:58 PM
U8 DU5T
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bradley21ss
This forum is to share information with each other. Everytime someone post a thread there is always one are two azz holes. Probably just a couple of Ricers. Glad you got it figured out OP.

I hadn't logged onto the forum since my last post when I unsubscribed to this thread. I thought this post would have died by now, but as I was reading some of the posts on the 1st page I came across it.

I couldn't give a rat’s *** what other people think about me, my car, or anything else in my life. It was dumb of me to think the car was cracking. I acknowledged that within minutes after the 1st response to my op. If I cared what people thought about me, I would have deleted the post when I still had the time to do so.

Anyhow, I am not going to leave the forum because some members insult other members to make up for whatever is lacking in their miserable lives. I see a lot of posts and pictures on this forum about members’ cars that I think are dumb or fugly. You know what I do? I look at them and move on if I don’t have anything constructive to say without having to insult the person.

I do more reading than posting. If I post too often I get sucked down the forum rabbit hole and before I know it, I've wasted several hours of my day. I recently ordered a Z06 grille and front splitter. I am taking the splitter to a local carbon fiber shop to have it wrapped in real carbon fiber composite and sprayed with a clear coat. I will post some pictures when it is done.

Last edited by U8 DU5T; 01-05-2015 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:04 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 926 Likes on 484 Posts
Tech Contributor

Talk to the guy about the splitter. True carbon fiber is near impossible to repair and match the original weave. Why a lot of us get them in carbon flash which can be easily repaired.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:18 PM
U8 DU5T
Pro

Originally Posted by Glen e
Talk to the guy about the splitter. True carbon fiber is near impossible to repair and match the original weave. Why a lot of us get them in carbon flash which can be easily repaired.
He may make a mold and make an actual carbon fiber splitter, but if not he does good work. You can't tell the difference.

Here is a sample of his work wrapping and clear coating.

Untitled by fstasfq, on Flickr

Here is a front diffuser wrapped before the clear coat was applied.

cf front lip2 by fstasfq, on Flickr
Old 01-05-2015, 07:18 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Gman2004
I hadn't logged onto the forum since my last post when I unsubscribed to this thread. I thought this post would have died by now, but as I was reading some of the posts on the 1st page I came across it.

I couldn't give a rat’s *** what other people think about me, my car, or anything else in my life. It was dumb of me to think the car was cracking. I acknowledged that within minutes after the 1st response to my op. If I cared what people thought about me, I would have deleted the post when I still had the time to do so.

Anyhow, I am not going to leave the forum because some members insult other members to make up for whatever is lacking in their miserable lives. I see a lot of posts and pictures on this forum about members’ cars that I think are dumb or fugly. You know what I do? I look at them and move on if I don’t have anything constructive to say without having to insult the person.

I do more reading than posting. If I post too often I get sucked down the forum rabbit hole and before you know I know it, I've wasted several hours of my day. I recently ordered a Z06 grille and front splitter. I am taking the splitter to a local carbon fiber shop to have it wrapped in real carbon fiber composite and sprayed with a clear coat. I will post some pictures when it is done.
No worries man. Most of us have been there, and would admit it. The rest have been there, continue to be there, and will never admit it. Just think of them as that one Uncle that comes around during the holidays that everyone rolls their eyes at.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

Ask him how to fix it once you crash it.....and you will likely sometime crash it. Read my point above again. Im sure he makes good stuff.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:26 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Ignore the dicks. Like you said their lives are so miserable the only way "up" for them is to bring others down.... It's a great place to learn and have a few laughs. But it shouldn't be at others expense.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:26 PM
U8 DU5T
Pro

Originally Posted by Glen e
Ask him how to fix it once you crash it.....and you will likely sometime crash it. Read my point above again. Im sure he makes good stuff.
Gotcha.....I actually had my front lip wrapped in my previous car because I ran over a piece of tire on the highway and cracked it on one side. He repaired it and wrapped it for only a little more than what it would have cost me to buy a new one.

From my experience, the most likely time you'll crack/break a front splitter is when you're parking front end first which is why I always back into a parking spot.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Gotcha.....I actually had my front lip wrapped in my previous car because I ran over a piece of tire on the highway and cracked it on one side. He repaired it and wrapped it for only a little more than what it would have cost me to buy a new one.

From my experience, the most likely time you'll crack/break a front splitter is when you're parking front end first which is why I always back into a parking spot.
As long as he can rewrap it, youre good. Search curb alert here, i stop 8 inches short every time. Added an LED too.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:54 PM
roleku
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear God this is still going on??
Old 01-07-2015, 09:27 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,153 Likes on 5,984 Posts

You're joking right?

Quick Reply: Less than 200 miles and the body is cracking