Sponsored by:

Achievement Unlocked: Dream Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 01:52 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by EcstaC7
Last month I picked up my new 1LT 2015 C7 Corvette Stingray with ZF1 appearance package, red brake calipers and NPP exhaust. I picked her up at Criswell Chevrolet in Maryland and had an eight hour road trip back to Georgia to learn the car. Many thanks to Mike Furman as he was very professional and the whole transaction went smoothly. I highly recommend you contact him if you are looking to custom order your own Vette.

So fresh, so clean at the dealership.

After owning this car for only month and putting over 3500 miles on it as my daily driver, I can say this car is truly awesome! I drove her back to Dallas from Georgia for the holidays, making two 14 hour road trips. The attention this car gets is pretty nice, from compliments whenever you stop for gas to thumbs up from the people you pass. This car really appeals to a lot of people and is quite the looker. The exhaust note in sport mode sounds powerful and obnoxiously loud, just the way I like it. The acceleration is so quick and merging on the highway has never been so fun.

I was pretty late to the game when I first found out about the C7 Corvette since I never ever dreamed of ever able to afford or own a sports car at the age of 24. I remember seeing a C6 Grandsport back in February last year and when I went online to look up the specs; to my surprise I found there was the next generation C7. It was love at first site. I’ve always liked the look of Corvettes but like a few others, I’ve never wanted one until I saw the new C7. The exterior design from all angles is looks phenomenal, really in my opinion as good, if not better than its European competitors.

Joining the Corvette Forum, I would read daily about all the cool features, follow all the anxious people tracking their orders, and be envious of people posting their deliveries and new mods. I’d watch all the reviews and videos I could find on YouTube and the desire just kept growing. All the reviews were and still are so positive about the greatly improved interior, gorgeous exterior, and let’s not forget the power! The only thing I’m not a big fan of is the chrome retainer but I just got my new Z06 grille to install next week.

Living and working downtown Chicago, I knew I couldn’t enjoy the Vette to its full capacity with all the city traffic and cold winter weather. Financially, it just didn’t make sense to own a car since you can get everywhere with public transportation, parking in my building was scarce and expensive, and the insurance rate was ridiculous for a young guy in the city. For several months I was saving for the Vette and I was planning on ordering this March after the cold passed.

Then great opportunity fell into my lap and I was offered a yearlong assignment in Georgia to help with the structural engineering of a new nuclear power plant. The pay raise and per diem plus my initial Corvette funds would allow me to pay off the Vette within the year. I’d also be back in the south with warm driving weather, open roads and driving opportunities (40 mile drive to work), things I really missed after living in Texas 21 years. First weekend I moved to Georgia in October, I placed my order with Mike Furman and with a TPW of 11/17, she was delivered to Criswell for me to pick up the first week of December.

New Corvette with Old Toyota Solara

My first and only car before the Vette was a 2007 Toyota Camry Solara with around 155 HP. I was a little afraid the 460 HP Vette would be too much to handle and many of my friends made fun of me for not even test driving one. I’ve seen most of the colors but the only one I hadn’t seen in person before picking her up was Laguna Blue. This color really is something to look at, especially in the sunlight. After owning this car for a month to date, I can really say I love it. I read somewhere if you don’t look back at your car after you park it, you’ve bought the wrong car. This really is a piece of art that performs beyond expectation. Thanks for reading my long post as I just wanted to express how great it feels to finally get your dream car!

Thanks for reading my first post. Here are a couple of bonus Z06 pics I took at Criswell.

Great read... awesome car... nice story on working hard to avail your dream car. I can relate... congrats and cheers! Enjoy your stunning Stingray!
Old 01-09-2015, 01:57 PM
STLC7
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the purchase. It's crazy how similar our stories are down to the previous car (2004 Solara - currently daily driver), job promotion and age range. Nice write up as well.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:27 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

Great story and great looking car!

Enjoy
Old 01-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,110 Likes on 750 Posts

Congrats on your C-7, I also have a Laguna Blue C-7. I think LB is one of the best blues GM has used on the corvette. As you mentioned it really POPS in the sunshine and it sets your car apart from all of those white, black and silver cars on the road. I grew up in south GA and have visited Atlanta many times. You will love Atlanta, a lot of nice people live there.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:46 PM
seel2000
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats dude and HOOKEM! I also helped build a power plant in Texas almost 5 years ago. What an experience. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Achievement Unlocked: Dream Car