Dealer offers discounts on C7

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 07:52 PM
4U2ENV
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
David:

On the other thread you posted on 4-29-2014...

"this is supplier discount nothing more".

There is no difference than joining a CU and getting the same discount, which I did plus more off. My final number was actually 10.93% below MSRP....and that beats just about everyone except some of the big players out there.

Anyone can join a Credit Union now a days at no cost and there is no financing requirement. So while you might think that as a retiree you are doing people big favors, they can beat that deal. However it is a nice gesture on your part.

For potential buyers who do their "due diligence" and "shop around", which takes some time, they can certainly save allot of coin on these C7's. And as we get closer to the introduction of the 2016 models, prices will have to come down even more. Dealers are loaded with these cars on their lots. Those dealers who are trying to sell these C7's at MSRP or with small discounts of 2 to 3%, are really ripping buyers off, but there are lots of people that just might pay that.

Happy motoring....and kept in mind, it's all about "The art of the deal".
a lot people don't want to join a credit union, on my list people are waiting till next August same discount as cu, but with the cu discount its the doc fee the dealer can't go over, it goes whatever each state says. There is a dealer here asking $5000 over msrp on the Z06, while others are at msrp, i can wait.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:56 PM
4U2ENV
Pro

Originally Posted by Diesel88
I am a little bit confused here. You posted in the Z06 topic that Malmulkin is giving 10% discounts on base and Z51 cars which is correct but here your asking who is giving 10% off?
Malmulkin are and more
Old 01-07-2015, 07:58 PM
4U2ENV
Pro

Originally Posted by imxz28
All this talk about Z06 and you're getting a coupe?
coupe, I really don't understand, Z06, Z51, base all have coupes
Old 01-07-2015, 08:15 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by David Wallis
a lot people don't want to join a credit union, on my list people are waiting till next August same discount as cu, but with the cu discount its the doc fee the dealer can't go over, it goes whatever each state says. There is a dealer here asking $5000 over msrp on the Z06, while others are at msrp, i can wait.
David:

The "doc fee" or the so called "document fee" charged by automobile dealers, has NO bearing on using a GM Supplier or Credit Union discount. Some dealers may not charge a doc fee, such as MacMulkin on the east coast or John Kohl in the midwest. There are other dealerships that do not charge these document fees. Most do.

So the CU pricing has absolutely NOTHING to do with doc fees as you state above in your post. Some dealers charge the doc fee as an add on to the cost, for the expense of their staff completing bills of sale, state registrations etc. and these fees can add allot of revenue to the dealerships bottom line of profitability.

Some states have regulated documentation fees, but most do not. There are only 14 or 15 states that have caps or regulated amounts dealers can charge. The lowest is California with a cap of $55 and the highest is Florida with an average doc fee of $607, but there is no cap or rules set by the State of Florida. I have heard of consumers paying as high as $1000 for the doc fees in Florida. In your own state of Oklahoma, there are no caps or rules that are regulated by the State of Oklahoma. The average doc fee has been reported at $235.00 which ranges from OK dealerships running from $149.00 to $399.00.

These so called "doc fees" can be easily found via the internet using such search engines as "google". The tables will provide the caps and if the states regulate and apply rules concerning the doc fees. Do some research.

Keep in mind for the end consumer, these doc fees have to be considered as a normal expense such as possible state tax, titling and registration of the vehicle. Consumers also have to understand that having required insurance is mandatory in most all 50 states, at least some form of liability. While these extra costs are not included in the price of the vehicle, they are considered as an expense that are unavoidable.

Last edited by nmvettec7; 01-07-2015 at 08:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Dealer offers discounts on C7