C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 Stage One splitters arrived who who...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Keith N
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BradSW
My splitter arrived today.....

.....as did my car.
Congratulations! I can't wait to see your new ride with all of the mods installed. How is the finish/color on the ACS side skirts compared to the GM Z06 splitter?
Old 01-08-2015, 08:41 AM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,415 Likes on 2,535 Posts

Originally Posted by iLLuSiON38
Where are the side skirts from?

Last edited by C8Jake; 01-08-2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:19 AM
FredC7
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 158 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by keeks2915
As soon as the threads started with the availability of the stage 1 splitters from GM parts direct, went online and ordered 2 at $85 each plus small shipping... Just arrived today.. Now need the car to arrive.
I checked my order status this morning and it is still on back order and the shipping charge has gone up $15.00. Total is now $119.XX which is still so much cheaper that carbon fiber or fiberglass.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:24 AM
StingerBG
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by keeks2915
You are the reason I got them Jake!!! My middle son is a tech for Raffi so know Windsor area well. Your car is outstanding! My AW z51, 3lt, mag, adrenaline interior / comp seats / auto is due end of jan, and I would have dropped big dough on splitter but this one is best of both worlds for awesome looks and price.
Thanks for all your efforts jake

Natives of Strathroy....
Sounds like you have the twin to my M7! Also looking at this same set up! Would have to get the splitter done in Carbon Flash though. I'm between this and the ACS splitter...However....at this price...I'm gonna go ahead and order one!!! Can't beat that!

Last edited by StingerBG; 01-08-2015 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:10 AM
StingerBG
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Has anybody tried painting this???
Old 01-08-2015, 10:40 AM
dbdave
Le Mans Master

Received 191 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith N
GM Parts Online told me it was discontinued when I tried to order online and when I called them. The female salesperson wasn't helpful and didn't want to answer any of my questions. I have an order at GM Parts Direct. Eric and Karen have provided very good customer service. I placed my order in late December. The Z06 splitter is still on back order.
The female I talked to at GMParts Online gave me the same response. Would not answer the questions I had on statements in their shipping policy. I also used their suggestion to email them with questions and have received no response. Guess they don't want to do any business with anyone.

I also worked with Karen at GMPartsDirect through their email response to my order. She explained the backorder and I chose to cancel the order. Turns out I should have left it.

Originally Posted by FredC5
I checked my order status this morning and it is still on back order and the shipping charge has gone up $15.00. Total is now $119.XX which is still so much cheaper that carbon fiber or fiberglass.
I saw that also after I looked in to reordering it from them.

My local dealer checked on this and the system showed 5 in stock at various dealers across the country and a national backorder with no stock at the GM national distribution. Guess Chevy didn't plan for the popularity of this. Maybe someday.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:48 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

It is hard to see on a dark car. Is there any pictures on a lighter color C7?
Old 01-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Swt_86
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith N
GM Parts Online told me it was discontinued when I tried to order online and when I called them. The female salesperson wasn't helpful and didn't want to answer any of my questions. I have an order at GM Parts Direct. Eric and Karen have provided very good customer service. I placed my order in late December. The Z06 splitter is still on back order.
You have to go to gmpartsdirect not gmpartsonline. I had the same experience with gmpartsonline. As stated earlier, gmpartsdirect seems to come out of Winston-Salem NC. They gave me great service and pricing.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:56 AM
MDPD23
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill17601
It is hard to see on a dark car. Is there any pictures on a lighter color C7?

Old 01-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2015, 02:15 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,150 Likes on 5,984 Posts

It's the perfect splitter.... just what I had in my head with the contour around the fangs just right w/o the double points, it's cheap, and it's plastic. Will take many sales from the aftermarket.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:43 PM
managerman
Pro

Received 230 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by StingerBG
Has anybody tried painting this???
I received mine on Monday and I plan on attempting to paint it Carbon Flash to match the rest of the Carbon Flash trim on my car. I already ordered the paint, primer, sand paper, adhesion promoter, etc...this should be a fun project!

I will take lots of pictures during the process. I figure if I screw it up it didn't cost me that much...

-M
Old 01-08-2015, 09:47 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Placed order on 12/10/2014 with GMPartsDirect.com.....splitter arrived today via UPS.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:57 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

I ordered mine 12/25. Still on back order.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:37 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

A bit more info:

The GM part is made in the USA by Precision Automotive Plastics (Winsor Mold USA, Inc) in Bellevue, Ohio

The part is manufactured in Ohio, then shipped to Burton, Michigan, then on to the respective distributors, then to the end retail consumer.

The GM part number is: 22922352

The item is molded plastic, not a composite material, thus the low price point.

The Front Splitter is labeled as a "Front Air Dam" from the manufacturer.

Inside the box, the splitter comes with 10 pop rivets and 2 screws, and a basic diagram for installation. There is no text included with the instructions. It takes 12 fasteners to secure the part to the C7.

It is suggested to drill 3/16 inch holes and use the pop rivets to fasten the front air dam to the bumper assembly.

The front air dam has holes predrilled to secure the item into the bumper assembly, but holes are required to be drilled into the bumper to accept the pop rivets.

I think the best way to fasten or secure the front air dam is using the scrivets suggested and recommended by Corvette Forum member C7Jake.

The front air dam will serve the purpose well. Hopefully the GM side skirts or side rockers will become available to the general public as these splitters. If so, price points should be very attractive, especially if they are injected molded plastic as the front splitter. I suspect if the side skirts become available and are molded from the same plastic material and technology price points could be more than 1/2 of what aftermarket vendors are charging for these aftermarket items.

The splitter does not need paint, and I would think it will take a special type of paint that will bond to plastic. I see no need to go through any expense to paint the item. I suspect that automotive paint may have a difficult time sticking to the surface very well.

Hope this bit of information helps other forum members.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:00 PM
Mdm23
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

Here's a pic of mine. Installed it two days ago. I'd like to see one in carbon flash, but I won't risk it right now with how hard these are to come by. Like others I kinda think it's best left in its original finish. Paint on this splitter would probably end up taking a beating and peeling over time. I hope someone succeeds with a DIY method though. I know one Z06 owner painted his in another read but it was handled at a paint shop and seemed to require good prep.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:00 PM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
A bit more info:

The GM part is made in the USA by Precision Automotive Plastics (Winsor Mold USA, Inc) in Bellevue, Ohio

The part is manufactured in Ohio, then shipped to Burton, Michigan, then on to the respective distributors, then to the end retail consumer.

The GM part number is: 22922352

The item is molded plastic, not a composite material, thus the low price point.

The Front Splitter is labeled as a "Front Air Dam" from the manufacturer.

Inside the box, the splitter comes with 10 pop rivets and 2 screws, and a basic diagram for installation. There is no text included with the instructions. It takes 12 fasteners to secure the part to the C7.

It is suggested to drill 3/16 inch holes and use the pop rivets to fasten the front air dam to the bumper assembly.

The front air dam has holes predrilled to secure the item into the bumper assembly, but holes are required to be drilled into the bumper to accept the pop rivets.

I think the best way to fasten or secure the front air dam is using the scrivets suggested and recommended by Corvette Forum member C7Jake.

The front air dam will serve the purpose well. Hopefully the GM side skirts or side rockers will become available to the general public as these splitters. If so, price points should be very attractive, especially if they are injected molded plastic as the front splitter. I suspect if the side skirts become available and are molded from the same plastic material and technology price points could be more than 1/2 of what aftermarket vendors are charging for these aftermarket items.

The splitter does not need paint, and I would think it will take a special type of paint that will bond to plastic. I see no need to go through any expense to paint the item. I suspect that automotive paint may have a difficult time sticking to the surface very well.

Hope this bit of information helps other forum members.
Excellent info - thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 Stage One splitters arrived who who...

Old 01-09-2015, 12:57 AM
TNSQUIRE
Drifting

Received 336 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by davidtcpa
I ordered mine 12/25. Still on back order.
I just received an email today that mine is also on back order.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:02 AM
C8Jake
Race Director

Received 5,415 Likes on 2,535 Posts

Last edited by C8Jake; 01-09-2015 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:49 AM
Bucknut2006
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
Placed order on 12/10/2014 with GMPartsDirect.com.....splitter arrived today via UPS.
Crazy. I ordered before others here and still on backorder for me. I emailed them, and they gave some excuse about their system handling backorders in a FIFO order, but doesn't appear to be the case.

Quick Reply: Z06 Stage One splitters arrived who who...