C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver's seat height - can it be increased?

Old 03-25-2015, 02:23 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Default Driver's seat height - can it be increased?

I have a friend who just bought a new 2015 Stingray convertible. He has the driver's seat adjusted to its maximum height but wishes to sit an inch or so higher. Given that the seat's power height adjustments are at their limits, is there anything that can be done to raise the seating position by an inch or so? I suggested going to an automotive upholsterer and having them install additional stiff cushioning in the seat bottom to effectively raise the height but he wasn't crazy about doing that. Any ideas? Thx.
Old 03-25-2015, 03:49 PM
rdhadj
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I have a friend who just bought a new 2015 Stingray convertible. He has the driver's seat adjusted to its maximum height but wishes to sit an inch or so higher. Given that the seat's power height adjustments are at their limits, is there anything that can be done to raise the seating position by an inch or so? I suggested going to an automotive upholsterer and having them install additional stiff cushioning in the seat bottom to effectively raise the height but he wasn't crazy about doing that. Any ideas? Thx.
Have a cushion made to fit the seat that is of the same leather as the original. If the upholsterer is any good he can match the material and the design and you will never notice it. And, if an when you sell the car, take the cushion out. I did just that for comfort reasons and to cut the bolster issue from my sciatic nerve
Old 03-25-2015, 04:32 PM
NavyBlue2
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 73 Posts

Amazon.com - Arcus Memory Foam Seat Cushion -Discreet Black. Sit in Comfort Again! - Amazon.com - Arcus Memory Foam Seat Cushion -Discreet Black. Sit in Comfort Again! -
Old 03-26-2015, 09:12 AM
TEAShea
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I asked the same question on this forum - It is on the theoretical edge of possibility to insert some spacers to raise the seat frame - but it would be very difficult.

Get notified of new replies

To Driver's seat height - can it be increased?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driver's seat height - can it be increased?