C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Constraints - March 26 for TPW of May 15 (both Z06 and non-Z06)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 10:51 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,074 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Default Constraints - March 26 for TPW of May 15 (both Z06 and non-Z06)

RPO............Description.............. ..................Availability
Z51............Performance Package............................50%
C2Q............Dual Roof Package (Body Color and Transparent)..0%
C2Z/C2M........Roof Panels ...................................30%
CFA............Standard roof (painted)........................45%
Z07............Z06 Performance package........................45%
CFZ - Z07......Carbon Fiber Ground Effects minus Z07 Perf Pkg.35%
&CFV...........Carbon Fiber Ground Effects....................15%
G8A............Velocity Yellow Tintcoat........................0%
Q6J............Spectra Gray Z06 Wheels.........................0%

Target Production Week of May 11, 2015 for both non-Z06 and Z06.

Velocity Yellow constraint is described as a Model Year Buildout Restriction. Most likely Velocity Yellow will not be available for Model Year 2016 and may not be available for the rest of 2015.
Roofs and Spectra Gray Wheels are described as Supplier Restriction.
Z51 and CFV are described as Material Restriction.
Z07 and CFZ-Z07 are described as Marketing Restriction
Old 03-27-2015, 07:32 PM
60corvetteC1
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default misssing TPWs

I wonder what happened to TPW April 27 and May 4? Prior TPW is April 20, this is a two week skip
Old 03-29-2015, 08:02 PM
gbjerke
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Standard top?

Have a friend who ordered a C7 more than a month+ ago. Dealer is telling him there is a constraint on the standard painted top so delivery uncertain. Really?? the standard top on constraints?? Makes no sense to me. They told him he could get a transparent top immediately.
Does this make sense to anybody?
Old 03-29-2015, 08:13 PM
seel2000
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gbjerke
Have a friend who ordered a C7 more than a month+ ago. Dealer is telling him there is a constraint on the standard painted top so delivery uncertain. Really?? the standard top on constraints?? Makes no sense to me. They told him he could get a transparent top immediately.
This has been going on for a LONG time. Standard roof constraint hasn't changed. I also ordered a base painted roof and after waiting 8 weeks with no movement, I put in for the transparent roof and a week later was on my way to being produced.

Luckily I found someone on the board to trade tops with that was also getting their car the same week as me. If your friend wants a '15 I suggest you tell him to do what I did.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:17 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by gbjerke
Yes, the dealer is being completely honest.

CFA............Standard roof painted)........................45%

Clearly the standard roof is on constraint and has been for nearly the entire 2015 Model Year. Both the standard painted roof and the visible carbon fiber roof are both carbon fiber. Due to rapidly expanding use of carbon fiber, there is a global shortage of the raw materials used to make carbon fiber. This is not just impacting GM:

Carbon fibre shortage slows BMW i3 production
The Dawning of the Age of Carbon Fiber Meets an Obstacle
Old 03-29-2015, 08:21 PM
seel2000
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Yes, the dealer is being completely honest.

CFA............Standard roof painted)........................45%

Clearly the standard roof is on constraint and has been for nearly the entire 2015 Model Year. Both the standard painted roof and the visible carbon fiber roof are both carbon fiber. Due to rapidly expanding use of carbon fiber, there is a global shortage of the raw materials used to make carbon fiber. This is not just impacting GM:

Carbon fibre shortage slows BMW i3 production
The Dawning of the Age of Carbon Fiber Meets an Obstacle
I guess I can put to rest my theory that GM was trying to milk us for a little more $$$ to order the transparent roof. Thanks for posting that.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:43 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts
Default Ok then.....

So my vehicle is at 3000 and my TPW was pushed from 06 Apr to 11 May because there is no availability from supplier of Spectra RIMS. I can also see that there are constraints on my CFV and painted roof but apparently I have escaped those.

I just received word that I cannot change the order whatsoever because of its status.

So the question is ... Does the fact that I am already at 3000 mean it will be built or, if there is no Spectra availability, is it possible this order will never be filled?

Last edited by AllFlash; 03-31-2015 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:24 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by AllFlash
So my vehicle is at 3000 and my TPW was pushed from 06 Apr to 11 May because there is no availability from supplier of Spectra RIMS. I can also see that there are constraints on my CFV and painted roof but apparently I have escaped those.

I just received word that I cannot change the order whatsoever because of its status.

So the question is ... Does the fact that I am already at 3000 mean it will be built or, if there is no Spectra availability, is it possible this order will never be filled?
Constraints normally only impact you when going from 1100 to 2000. Once you hit 2000, you have already made it past constraints. Now, I suppose it is possible that some unexpected problem might cause your TPW to be delayed or possibly even worse. If I were you I'd be pushing your dealer to get to the bottom of this.
Old 03-31-2015, 11:36 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Constraints normally only impact you when going from 1100 to 2000. Once you hit 2000, you have already made it past constraints. Now, I suppose it is possible that some unexpected problem might cause your TPW to be delayed or possibly even worse. If I were you I'd be pushing your dealer to get to the bottom of this.
I am actually getting my assistance right now from as close to the source as one can. I have been told that it was an unexpected supplier issue that caused me to be affected and there are no Spectra rims. I am going to guess this isn't a normal occurrence. So begs the question that if we are at 3000...does that guarantee production or can an unexpected supply shortage cause a constraint that will mean the order won't get filled?
Old 03-31-2015, 11:55 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

I am actually getting my assistance right now from as close to the source as one can. I have been told that it was an unexpected supplier issue that caused me to be affected and there are no Spectra rims. I am going to guess this isn't a normal occurrence. So begs the question that if we are at 3000...does that guarantee production or can an unexpected supply shortage cause a constraint that will mean the order won't get filled?
Obviously, if the problem continues there is the possibility that your car won't get built (at least not the way you want it). Being at 3000 normally (probably 99.999% of the time) means your car will get built. You have clearly fallen into a very unusual situation.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:57 AM
schaibaa
Burning Brakes

Received 145 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by 60corvetteC1
I wonder what happened to TPW April 27 and May 4? Prior TPW is April 20, this is a two week skip
This is confusing to me too I am TPW 5/11 and was surprised to see it delayed so much.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:39 PM
WesC7
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I was told by my dealer (MacMulkin) last week, I had a TPW of 27 April.....it's a non-Z06. CRT 2LT with painted roof.

Not sure this info helps much....

Last edited by WesC7; 04-01-2015 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:28 AM
peace22u
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Allfllash, when you say you can "see that there are constraints on my CFV..." are you referring to "seeing" it on the above list of constraints or is there somewhere else where you are "seeing" that you've "apparently escaped" other restraints? We are also being given a TPW of 5/11 and we also have ordered Spectra Gray wheels for our Velocity Yellow Z06. We know we had a VY allocation...but should I be asking our dealer about the wheels??
Old 04-04-2015, 11:40 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

GM told me that the other constraints would not delay my order as they would not be a constraint for me specifically, however, there were no Spectra rims and gear was causing my delay.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:51 AM
peace22u
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

GM told me that the other constraints would not delay my order as they would not be a constraint for me specifically, however, there were no Spectra rims and gear was causing my delay.
So if I were looking for more information on my particular order, do you think Customer Service on chat would be able to address my constraint concerns or is there another avenue I should take? Thanks for your thoughts...after all of this waiting, it's hard to think about anything else!
Old 04-04-2015, 09:01 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by peace22u
So if I were looking for more information on my particular order, do you think Customer Service on chat would be able to address my constraint concerns or is there another avenue I should take? Thanks for your thoughts...after all of this waiting, it's hard to think about anything else!
No I don't think customer service will help at all. The only avenue you have is through your dealer.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:48 PM
fun2fly
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was given a TPW of 18 May. I ordered the body colored roof so I guess it seems I'm OK for now.

Get notified of new replies

To Constraints - March 26 for TPW of May 15 (both Z06 and non-Z06)

Old 04-10-2015, 06:39 AM
ENCT
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was given a TPW of 5-18 right out of the gate which was on March 21st. I also have the Spectra wheels, I am thinking the supplier has more wheels coming just a little later than needed. Glad mine got accepted with the wheels period.
Eric
Old 04-10-2015, 06:42 PM
laborsmith
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

AllFlash, at 3000 the unit will be built and price protected. Even if it goes to the next model year. This rarely happens; one could go whole model years with it not happening. But it can happen and has.

Disadvantage: a few more months of waiting.

Advantage: price protection and those improvements that occur from one model year to the next.

99.99+% of accepted orders are built in the correct model year and I suspect yours will.

The essential point is once accepted it will be built.

Laborsmith
Old 04-10-2015, 07:51 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by laborsmith
AllFlash, at 3000 the unit will be built and price protected. Even if it goes to the next model year. This rarely happens; one could go whole model years with it not happening. But it can happen and has.

Disadvantage: a few more months of waiting.

Advantage: price protection and those improvements that occur from one model year to the next.

99.99+% of accepted orders are built in the correct model year and I suspect yours will.

The essential point is once accepted it will be built.

Laborsmith
Thank you Laborsmith; your assistance here is legendary and I hope to meet up one day...in my Z06 traveling through the US of course!

Quick Reply: Constraints - March 26 for TPW of May 15 (both Z06 and non-Z06)